• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Textbook

NHL Out To Kill Tradition

Rate this topic

Both Kelly and Ron on CBC's 'Behind the Mask' think the restriction is bogus, but they made the good point that riling up the crowd ultimately dosen't win hockey games; if it did the Wings would have won every home playoff game for ages now.

Wow...

That is all I can say.

The best thing to do is show the NHL why we're Hockeytown and find a way around this.

And LMAO at Ontario Wingsfan.

Edited by cirov19

If we make it to the Finals, I'm sure Iron Mike will tell Al it's ok to be fined a few times.

I still don't understand why the league would do this. Are they trying to discourage Wings fans from throwing octopus on the ice? It's Detroit we're talking about, we'll just throw more.

Once again Bettman shows his absolute hatred and personal vendetta towards the Detroit Red Wings. He has absolutely no business make a statement like that, regardless of what mouthpiece it came from. If I were Illitch, I'd show him my contempt of him every time I met him. (Preferrably with a good swift kick in the cojones, but thats just me.)

It's no wonder the NHL is so FUBARED. The Wings are one of, if not THE premiere organization in the league, and instead of allowing them the respect they deserve, like most other leagues, they are beaten and battered by the head office at every opportunity, while the higher ups bend over backwards to service armpit franchises like Nashville. More and more, I'm wondering if the NHL will even survive Bettman's tenure.

Bettman's behind it, I hear.

This is Bettman's brother, Davey Bettman, whom the family hides away from the rest of the world. Bettman finds the flinging of his brother's lookalike disrespectful and therefore is punishing the Wings.

davy_jones.jpg

Seriously, what are they thinking trying to stop a 56 year old tradition in the NHL? Especially one that isn't hurting anyone (except the octopus, of course). Maybe it's a new PETA thing? :unsure:

Seriously, what are they thinking trying to stop a 56 year old tradition in the NHL? Especially one that isn't hurting anyone (except the octopus, of course). Maybe it's a new PETA thing? :unsure:

All teams are supposed to be exactly the same. Every arena is supposed to be exactly the same down to the hot dog vender and leaning drunk in the bathroom.

Our tradition flies in the face of that, as shown by the versus commercials.

Bettman's behind it, I hear.

This is Bettman's brother, Davey Bettman, whom the family hides away from the rest of the world. Bettman finds the flinging of his brother's lookalike disrespectful and therefore is punishing the Wings.

davy_jones.jpg

^^ hahahaha, awesome

I think a perfectly do-able and perfect statement would be to chuck the octopi on the ice, and have a giant fake check for 10,000 made out to Gary Bettman chucked out. Al should wave the check above his head, too.

This could incite the final revolt league-wide against Bettman! A single act of defiance can show just how little respect the most important franchise in the NHL has for the leader. When a respected group or person defies a leader, it undermines the leader and ultimately leads to their demise.

Once again Bettman shows his absolute hatred and personal vendetta towards the Detroit Red Wings. He has absolutely no business make a statement like that, regardless of what mouthpiece it came from. If I were Illitch, I'd show him my contempt of him every time I met him. (Preferrably with a good swift kick in the cojones, but thats just me.)

It's no wonder the NHL is so FUBARED. The Wings are one of, if not THE premiere organization in the league, and instead of allowing them the respect they deserve, like most other leagues, they are beaten and battered by the head office at every opportunity, while the higher ups bend over backwards to service armpit franchises like Nashville. More and more, I'm wondering if the NHL will even survive Bettman's tenure.

maybe this armpit hicktown team with tootoo will beat ur a**

maybe this armpit hicktown team with tootoo will beat ur a**

If the NHL ever collapsed I would want several of the franchises to form a new league and keep teams like Florida, Nashville, etc, out of it.

Can you said a league with only the Canadian, New England (and New York), Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago, Colorado and San Jose? I smell success!

If the NHL ever collapsed I would want several of the franchises to form a new league and keep teams like Florida, Nashville, etc, out of it.

Can you said a league with only the Canadian, New England (and New York), Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago, Colorado and San Jose? I smell success!

yea that would be called the whining baby league

yea that would be called the whining baby league

Welcome. Now try to post something useful please instead of trolling if your going to post. Might I recommend something in the photoshop thread?

I don't understand why just NOW they've decided this warrants a fine?? It's not like this is something Al just started doing!

This stupid fine is so random and has no basis! Don't want to "incite the fans"!? Incite them to do what....Cheer!? God forbid that happens! :rolleyes::ranting:

seriously... seriously. we need to get a bunch of toy or stuffed octipi for the crowd, and we should just swing them obnoctiously during the games.

I like that idea.

Not being allowed to swing the octopus is so stupid. I hate bettman