• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Textbook

NHL Out To Kill Tradition

Rate this topic

Absolute bulls***. Maybe we should ban goals too as that can "incite the fans" also.

Exactly.

Btw, I signed the petition. I think it needs to be its own thread.

If the NHL ever collapsed I would want several of the franchises to form a new league and keep teams like Florida, Nashville, etc, out of it.

Can you said a league with only the Canadian, New England (and New York), Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago, Colorado and San Jose? I smell success!

Why keep those teams out of it? Why would you want anyone to miss out on the fun of hockey?

In regards to why Bettman did this? I haven't been able to see all of the complete games as I work afternoons. I heard that Bettman said that other teams were worrying about the guts on the ice. Does anyone know if Nashville has been banned from throwing catfish? Or if any catfish guts were on the ice? I've never seen octopi guts on the ice.

octopus3.jpg

Time for a photoshop war with Al and the octipi after Bettman!

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to be skating on slanted rinks with moon rings around our legs and s*** ... but honestly, Evolution of sport. Get over it!!!

If the sport didnt evolve, then take a look at a hockey picture from 1917 and tell me you would still be a diehard hockey fan. I love hockey to death, but if thats the game I was watching, I think I would pass. Aspects of hockey history are great. The dynasties of old ... the classic rivalries, the legendary names ... but I truly, 100% believe that the game is at the highest quality it has every been.

Sorry, I jumped to conclusions, it is late, forgive me. I do disagree with this current issue. It is rediculous. No question about it, things like this are important .. my above rant more refered to the concepts of commercials, jerseys, equipment, teams, players, etc.

But as far as team traditions like this, well, it is obviously ridiculous.

Stoopid Bettman. I could understand the delay of game penalty (especially w/ the rats in Florida), but this goes way too far.

Especially when the league uses the octopus in its promotions, and even puts What's up with the Detroit octopus on its FAQ page...

Edited by Third Man In

I didn't know about this before the game last night......if I had I would have brought a stuffed octopus and swung it around during the game. And if I go to another game I will do just that.

LOL what would be funny is if somehow dozens of different people brought octopus in and threw them on the ice at once. Sort of an F U to the NHL.

heh. I suppose the next thing to be banned will be that we can't cheer for the servicemen like what happened last night. During one of the breaks they showed one of the army guys and the crowd went wild with cheering. (inciting the crowd)? Some of the players were tapping their sticks on the ice. The refs tried to wait for the cheering to stop but it didn't so they finally dropped the puck. Hmmmm, delay of game I suppose.

Edited by Kronwall55

seriously... seriously. we need to get a bunch of toy or stuffed octipi for the crowd, and we should just swing them obnoctiously during the games.

:siren: GREAT IDEA! E!!! :thumbup:

More revenue for the Wings!!!!!

You know all that money we're saving from the salary cap ? It'll sure come in handy now paying the fines!

here's the article on the blatant stupidity that is bettman.

So cheerleaders, ice girls, raffle giveaways, ask the fans questions for prizes, etc should all be banned as well.... GOOD call Bettman. What we do in OUR rink should be our choice - the octopus tossing/swinging etc isn't HURTING ANYONE. You look like the utlimate MORON when you make threats like this... FOOL. WE all HATE YOU!!!! You're not making it any better.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID...RTS05/804190350

"In an e-mail to the Free Press, NHL spokesman Frank Brown gave this explanation: "Because matter flies off the octopus and gets on the ice when he does it." The Wings wouldn't comment."

Because all hockey players who SPIT and blow their noses on the ice doesn't? Where the HECk is the rationale for this?

oh now I get it - brian burke's been complaining..what about his stupid team throwing CHEAP SHOTS? Can we get them banned and fined 10K per incident?

"Ducks general manager Brian Burke complained about Sobotka's swinging last year. Before Friday's game, an octopus landed on the ice, as usual, and Nashville defenseman Greg Zanon whacked it aside with his stick."

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

Al looked like he was chomping at the bit when he had to stand at the gate watching someone else go get the octopus on the ice. This is so stupid! I hope Ilitch lets him do it once........"Al, go do your thing!"

Did you see Tootoo go pick up that one octopus and throw it down the visitor's hallway? That was just NOT RIGHT seeing that......I don't like it!

The NHL will hardly fine certain players if they try to chop somebody's leg off with a skate, so now they are going to try and fine for this. Get your priorities in line Bettman. Next he is going to ban all music except organ playing because it gets fans excited about the game.

Edited by umredwing11

OK number 1:

If this is really because of, or partially caused by that big fat p*ssy Brian BUrke and his whining I will personally find him and beat his ass. I am SO sick of that piece of sh*t. SICK! He probably whispered it in Bettman's ear while they were cuddling on the couch together.

ARRRRRGH!

Number 2:

Jordin Tootoo grabbed that octopi so he could have something for dinner later as whale blubber is pretty scarce in these parts!

Now I really want us to win the stanley cup even more.

Because when that midget f*** walks out onto the ice, I want to hear the huge boom of boos from the crowd and hopefuly thousands of octipi thrown at him. Now that he probably won't be in Anaheim this year, he won't be smiling because no one knows who he is.