• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Textbook

NHL Out To Kill Tradition

Rate this topic

It's such BS. Bettman is trying to tell Wings fans how they can and can't celebrate the playoffs? Ha! I think he needs to concern himself with other things, but he's making himself look like an idiot by taking a shot at one of the biggest and most loyal fan bases in the league.

Someone needs to give him a swift kick in the groin.

Guest Jeremy88

Bettman didn't make the rule because it incites the fans. That's a lie. He made the rule so people wouldn't be throwing things on the ice. Which is a safety rule. You have to look at it from both ends. If a fan throws an octopus, and throws is too low, it could hit someone in the back of the head, knock them down, and they could seriously harm themselves.

I think the fans should chip in a dollar a piece (have a collection out in the hallway at the game) so that he can twirl that octopus around his head!

The NHL has their heads up their ass. There's far worse crap going on that they should be sending fines towards than someone twirling an Octopus. Give me a break. No wonder nobody watches the NHL anymore.

Bettman didn't make the rule because it incites the fans. That's a lie. He made the rule so people wouldn't be throwing things on the ice. Which is a safety rule. You have to look at it from both ends. If a fan throws an octopus, and throws is too low, it could hit someone in the back of the head, knock them down, and they could seriously harm themselves.

It is so hard to tell sarcasm when it is written. At first I couldn't believe that someone wrote this but then I just started to laugh. Great post. :rotflmao:

oh now I get it - brian burke's been complaining..what about his stupid team throwing CHEAP SHOTS? Can we get them banned and fined 10K per incident?

"Ducks general manager Brian Burke complained about Sobotka's swinging last year. Before Friday's game, an octopus landed on the ice, as usual, and Nashville defenseman Greg Zanon whacked it aside with his stick."

More fishiness from the relationship between Burke and League offices.

If Bettman wants to ban this, the next logical step is to ban the throwing of hats on the ice after a hat trick. Because, you know, when people toss the hat, there could be matter flying from the hat - stray hairs, sweat, etc. This is just another sign of Bettman and Campbell being firmly in the pockets of Brian Burke and doing whatever he tells them to.

I'm struggling to figure out why anything hasn't been said by the league about the catfish in Nashville. One of those actually physically damaged the ice upon its impact, but nothing's been said by the league about it.

Figures.

weak can't even see it.

you might have to have a facebook account.... i made it open to everyone though

Edited by OsGOD

What someone should do is, get a stuffed animal octopus open up the back of the stuffed otco, take all the stuffing out. Put an authentic hockeytown octo in there, sew it back up and then launch that sucker on the ice! Then watch Al swing it around his head...maybe he'll get fined 100$ per tentacle then!

Why pay the $10,000 dollars?

I have the perfect solution; instead of Al flinging the Octupi, he should raise it like a championship belt toward all for directions of the rink and then walk off.

This will pump the crowd up and I don't see how the NHL can justify another useless ban.

Maybe we should get something worked out where one octopus will be thrown onto the ice just before the game, Al can come out and pick it up, and then he'll venture to center ice and the lights will dim and as inspirational music plays he take a knee and lifts it into the air as a single spotlight highlights our eight legged wonder. He wouldn't be swinging it but I think this scenario might be pretty effective at letting the league know what we think while getting everyone fired up.

as for the online petition....hopefully it will work. Maybe we should take a play out of the Jericho fans' playbook and mail the NHL a bunch of octopi. now we'd have to decide if we'd mail toys or real octopi, but I'm guessing toy ones would be the best alternative since we could request they be donated to a children's charity or animal hospital or something.....does anyone know how much the plush toys are?

overall i think this is ridiculous....

by the way...although i can't stand him i was impressed to see tootoo bare hand one of the octopi thrown on the ice last night.......

I'm so pissed I can't even see straight. The next logical step for Bettman is to stop handing out the Stanley cup. I mean it might blind people in the stands with its polished exterior. I wouldn't want the fans at a NHL game to be incited by the thought of their team winning the most coveted trophy in all of professional sports. GRRRR! EF Bettman!

Mr. Mike Illitch.

If you Thumb your nose at Commissioner Bettman and allow Al to swing the Octopi, I will drive from here (Rogers AR) to your nearest Little Caesars (according to LC's Website store finder, Harrison AR, 57 Miles Away) and PAY DOUBLE for A TON OF PIZZA.

Sincerely Signed,

Hiei.

i love the "attach a big fake $10k check to the next octopus thrown on the ice" idea. That would be freaking hilarious. When they say "incite the fans" I'm sure they mean, incite the fans into throwing more octopi. I really don't think they mean, incite the fans to yelling and being excited. Regardless, it's really dumb. I just found these shirts, we should all wear them to all hockey games (NHL or not)...

http://www.cafepress.com/unclehockey