• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

the DON'T FINE AL petition thread

Rate this topic

I think Al should swing it and mr. Moneybags should NOT pay the fines... but instead place a little note in the envelope that says "hey Mr. Bettman! EFF OFF!"

the wings fans should respond by donating to a fund to pay al's fine. the buffalo fans did it for lindy, lets do it for al!

also, i think we should stage a record number of octopi thrown at game one of round 2.

I'm currently debating of printing fliers featuring the petition website and the situation and bringing them to Game 1 of Round 2.

I as a Wings fan, did not realise that this was going on and I am sure that I am not the only one.

1000 signatures is great but obviously there is a lot more people who would sign this petition, and I'm sure that a television station such as FSN, Versus, NBC, TSN, or CBC would not even consider publicizing a petition of this size.

I obviously can't afford to make 19,000 copies and am also clearly not capable of making sure that everyone in the arena has a copy.

Anyone else down to give a helping hand?

Hell, even if you can make it to the Joe pre game to hand out to people heading in the game.

I know we can get a lot more signatures but people need to be aware of the situation and the website first.

I've passed it along in emails and phone calls to friends. I debated calling in to the NHL Live show on NHLN and asking them what they think of the idea. We need to pass it on to friends, fellow hockey fans, wherever you can share it. If you have a friend who is a fan of another team, pass it on to them as well, and if they need a reason why, just tell them it's tradition. Surely they would understand if they were true fans of the game. Just keep spreading the word any way you know how. Bettman needs to know that this is the worst lapse of reasoning he's committed in a long time.

SAVE THE OCTOPUS!!!!!!!! THROW BETTMAN!!!!!!

Can't believe I never mentioned this but I signed as number 19! I am the number Ironman! Of course the applet went to auto select and fugged my last name away, but still the 48430 Zipcode for the Flint/Fenton area was posted at least.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I am tempted for the first time to make a youtube video.... of me or another good sport swinging around stanley in bettman's office.

In at #1330, I like the idea of having tons of people calling into NHL Live everyday, I mean, seriously, how many people want to listen to Gary Bettman's radio show anyway? One of us has a good chance to get through and hopefully talk a little sense into that mental midget. They are on from 12-2 Eastern. The phone number comes up on NHL.com's homepage while the show is going on or you can email your concerns to cement head himself at nhllive@xmradio.ca

If someone gets through, be sure to let those of us who missed the show know what he said also, good luck ladies & gents!

I decided to email Gary Bettman on the NHL Live radio show, hoping enough of us can do the same to get him to respond to how he made this decision in the first place. I'll go first with what I wrote, let's see yours too!

Gary,

The fines you have implanted on Al Sobotka for the octopus twirlings are ludicrous and insane. Instead of listening to Brian Burke about

Everything, why don’t you make a decision on your own? I know you are doing everything humanly possible to ruin the NHL but taking fan traditions like this

Away is insane. Keep in mind there are a lot more of us Wings fans then you and your crew of lunatics and although we may not be as overpaid as you, some of us

Have deep enough pockets to pitch in and help out Al with keeping the tradition going in Hockeytown USA. Please reconsider your decision before you watch it backfire in your face over the next couple of weeks.

I decided to email Gary Bettman on the NHL Live radio show, hoping enough of us can do the same to get him to respond to how he made this decision in the first place. I'll go first with what I wrote, let's see yours too!

Gary,

The fines you have implanted on Al Sobotka for the octopus twirlings are ludicrous and insane. Instead of listening to Brian Burke about

Everything, why don't you make a decision on your own? I know you are doing everything humanly possible to ruin the NHL but taking fan traditions like this

Away is insane. Keep in mind there are a lot more of us Wings fans then you and your crew of lunatics and although we may not be as overpaid as you, some of us

Have deep enough pockets to pitch in and help out Al with keeping the tradition going in Hockeytown USA. Please reconsider your decision before you watch it backfire in your face over the next couple of weeks.

though i agree w/your sentiment wholeheartedly, i think your letter could be a bit more...formal. and uh..less threatening? nobody likes gary bettman, and for good reason, but i think a letter like this that is full of assumptions and namecalling will do nothing good for our cause.