• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chaldean

Your thoughts on Ozzie's performance in game 5

Rate this topic

What did you think of him? I thought he was ok enought to win the game, but I don't know how many goals he would've given up if our defense didn't play as great as they did in this game.

The defense was incredible. I think there were only like 3 shots from the slot area and we didn't give up any odd-man rushes that I can think of, but Osgood made the saves he needed to make, which Dom didn't do the last couple of games, and it would've taken an AMAZING save to stop the goal. It's never easy to play when you don't get a ton of shots (or goals of support).

It was just the type of game we needed to play all around. Well...we could've used a couple more goals. But that might have been their best defensive effort of the season.

tonight we saw the type of defense that really does win championships (save the play that actually gave the Preds their one goal).

Ozzie doesn't need to be lights out for this team to have a real shot, but when he was called upon tonight, he was great.

I'll give my thoughts on him when he faces Nashville at home. Nashville hasn't won a playoff game on the road in their existance, and they were without their two best players.

Glad to see the Wings defense is back though. A win is a win. :thumbup:

Thats the type of goaltending we need!

and for the first time in THREE games... they didn't score goal #2 in under 45seconds... in fact Ozzie didn't let them get a second goal! A nice breath of fresh air!

Edited by OsGOD

Lets see...45 seconds away from a shutout, lets in only 1 goal, and keeps the team in the game the whole night...A winning combination I'd say. Babcock really has no option but to start Ozzie in game 6 (unless he wants to find a new job...)

Ozzie was great. The offense would have scored more had the Preds defense/goaltending not been solid. (I know, obvious statement.)

The defense was there for Ozzie this game. That was great to see. Kronner says they don't care who starts.

As well as Ozzie has played against the Preds, I say keep him in this series. Rest Dom until the next round. Repeat.

With 2 goaltenders of this caliber, we'd be silly not to use them both.

Go Ozzie!

Go Wings!

What did you think of him? I thought he was ok enought to win the game, but I don't know how many goals he would've given up if our defense didn't play as great as they did in this game.

...says the guy with the Hasek avatar.

...says the guy with the Hasek avatar.

Yea, glad someone noticed that too.

They had... what?... some lousy 20-30 shots? He let in one single goal and the Hasek lover says "well, he played just okay, but not good enough to win a championship". WHAT? He wasnt even tested? If he's not even tested with great scoring chances how on EARTH can you say whether or not he played well enough to win a championship.

Thats like a quarterback throwing one pass at the start of the game and just barely missing the receiver. Then he gets hurt the next play and doesnt play the rest of the game and someone saying "well, he played okay, but not good enough to win a chamionship". Like... WHAT? are you really serious?

Stupid hockey fans, I swear!

Ozzie played solid. Granted our defense was in 'shut down' mode and didn't give Nashville ANY opportunities save for the tying goal that not one goalie in the league could've stopped. And to be honest, (and I don't bash any Wings EVER) he saved a few shots that probably would've gotten past Dom. So I really don't know how you can complain about Ozzie's play.

As for the guy who said keep Ozzie in and then go back to Dom after this series...

You, also, must be kidding, right??? Dom looks DONE! Not A bad game, but bad gameS! He looks old, tired, wore out. In comes Ozzie, he plays solid and take us (hopefully) to the next round.. why on EARTH would you sit him? Please, sir, don't EVER become a hockey coach

As for the guy who said keep Ozzie in and then go back to Dom after this series...

You, also, must be kidding, right??? Dom looks DONE! Not A bad game, but bad gameS! He looks old, tired, wore out. In comes Ozzie, he plays solid and take us (hopefully) to the next round.. why on EARTH would you sit him? Please, sir, don't EVER become a hockey coach

I think that would be me.

I guess you don't know me, but I'm a hardcore Ozzie fan. I also think that Dom is a great goalie. Which one is better depends on which night you're talking about. I love Ozzie. He's funny, sexy, adorable and a great goalie. Not to mention he popped Wahhhhh a few back in the day. Dom is the only goalie in the whole NHL I would even consider starting over Ozzie.

What I was suggesting was playing the goalie who has had the greatest success against a particular team, or at least a paritcular style of play. Play the goalie who is hot at the moment. Give them both some rest. Keep them both fresh. Keep them both in the action in case of injury to one or the other.

One of the many reasons I love Ozzie is that he is the ideal backup. He can come in with only a moment's notice and play like he never sat on the bench. This may seem to contradict what I was saying in the last paragraph, but my point is that Ozzie is hot against the Preds. Keep him in. Next series, depending on who we play, start one for a couple of games and then let the other play a game or two. See who does the better job against that particular style of play, and go from there.

I have no plans to coach hockey. You can be relieved about that. All I'm doing is offering an opinion, which you are free to take or leave.

You can't stop the stop the shots that are not taken, because your defenders are doing are great job.

what's your point anyway ? He had 21 shots, he stopped 20 and lost a shutout with 50 secs. to go.

I think that's a pretty good job.

He did what he had to do, thankfully didn't have to stand on his had.

BOTH the defense AND the goalie played better last night. It wasn't just Hasek, it wasn't just the defense the last two games that were terrible, it was EVERYBODY.

I'm not playing the scapegoat.

There's nothing else that Osgood could have done given how the game went. D played well, he stopped shots when needed, Nashville just had a solid sequence in the empty net goal that was a near perfect shot by Bonk.

Personally, I'm a BIG Dom fan. He's my idol. But when it come down to the important stuff, like let's say, a game 6 in the first round, I'll go with Ozzi. He was grat last night. No goalie woud've stop that shot, any ways.

I thought Ozzie played with a ton of confidence. Also, I know it's how Dom plays, but when all outta the net, it just gets my all nervous. Oz does it once in awhile, but it doesn't give me the same high anxiety with Dom.

I really liked Ozzie's post game comments, when asked about how good Ellis was and if he admires when another goalie is playing like that, he totally interuped him and was like, no no no. I stay focused, only worry about myself. Didn't give him any credit like some guys do. He also said he hearts the Detroit fans when they cheer his name, it's very special to him and he think of the D as his home. He's so easy to cheer for!

GO WINGS!

Osgood has played around 90 minutes of playoff hockey with only allowing 1 goal that i doubt any other goalie would have been able to stop. Ever since he came in he has given the Wings a chance to win the game. Granted he hasn't faced the most difficult of shots but he has kept the puck out of the net, can't ask for any more than that.

Way to step in at a critical juncture and put the Wings back up in the Series!!!! Gotta love playoff hockey!!!

:thumbup:

I think that he played great - he made the stops that he was supposed to, but I think that the bigger issue is that the team played a more inspired game, its like they felt better having him back there as opposed to Dom, who, can be at times at one extreme or the other - really great or really bad. I think they played with more confidence knowing that Ozzie back there and had their backs.

IMO it would be a mistake to go back to Dom - unless Ozzie really F-ed up.

peace

Edited by HockeyJunkie

I missed the middle of the game, but Os looked calm in there. Most saves looked easy (edit: I mean he made them look easy), I think anyone would look composed compared to Dom lately, he was fighting the puck in games 3 and 4. Overall CO played quite well and obviously will look to close out the series in game 6.

Edited by shadow47