• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chaldean

Should Wings fans be rooting for the Aves?

Rate this topic

Well not that the Avs won... should we be rooting for Calgary?

Right now Theodore looks amazing, something I wouldn't like to see just yet.

Or should we root for Calgary, and face Kipper, which we beat last year, and has been good against the Sharks, but not good enough to win a crucial game.

Its like Coke or Pepsi.

Facing Calgary would be a much more physical series, and if we get in a battle like that I'd prefer it be in the Conf. finals. I'd say a round 2 vs colorado is our best chance of making it further without getting to banged up. It would be nice to be somewhat fresh to face a team like SJ, ANA, or DAL who would be quite banged up from playing eachother.

i dont know who id actually prefer, colorado or dallas. now that colorado is in obviously it looks like we should get them, if calgary does lose to the sharks...assuming we move on.

facing a hot goalie is some what concerning tho, but turco has been playing well himself. dallas' back end is banged up too, but i mean they are beating anaheim so obviously there playing good hockey.

Guest CaliWingsNut

The only thing I care about in that series is it being long. They are beating the crap outta each other...

this is such bad karma seeing that we havent made it to the second round yet.....

:o:blink:<_<

Ditto. :scared:

We barely won game 5 and they were without there two best players. And it looks like they may be gone for Nashville in game 6 possibly.. lol we should be very thankful and fortunate with there injuries there having right now and focus on winning this series which is not over by a long shot! Let's bury some more goals like Ozzie said and pray the Preds won't play too well in game 6!

I don't know about you, but just seeing those Avelanche

jerseys still make my go crazy. I know the rivarly isn't there

anymore, but wouldn't be great playing them in the second round?

Who knowns, maybe a new rivarly will be born and the hate will be

back in our and Colorado's hearts like it should always be :thumbup:

Do you want to see the Avelanche in the second round or you really don't care?

all this talk of second round..nay i say..

..as an avs fan, i want the wings in the WCF..

..it would just be more fitting not to mention

the intensity would be so much greater..

..so if you agree that the WCF are the best place

to meet, then send all your good vibes out to

the flames and stars...

trust me, WCF, Wings-Avs.. nothing can or will top that

i get fluttery just thinkin about it

Edited by JoeIce

I don't know about you, but just seeing those Avelanche jerseys still make my go crazy. I know the rivarly isn't there anymore, but wouldn't be great playing them in the second round? Who knowns, maybe a new rivarly will be born and the hate will be back in our and Colorado's hearts like it should always be :thumbup:

Do you want to see the Avelanche in the second round or you really don't care?

My friend that lives in Denver tells me that fans still chant "Red Wings Suck" even during the Denver Nuggets games. I don't know if it's true or not but that's what he's told me. I know the rivalry is still there, it will always be there because no fan can forgot those years. It will just take one series to rekindle the old flame.

As another poster put it though... I don't think I'll ever be able to root for an Avs victory. If an Avs victory is good for the Wings in some way, shape or form then I'll just remain indifferent.

Sure, I'll root for them.

1) They're the easiest 2nd round opponent, should we advance.

2) The rivalry between fans would be vicious fun again, even if it isn't there for most of the players.

3) I like some of their players these days, certainly more than most of the Wild, anyway. Sakic in particular is an easy man to root for, and we won't have many more chances to see him in the post season.

4) My hatred of Foppa has cooled to a luke-warm indifference, and I have to admit I gained some respect for him when he refused to come to the Wings.

5) I hate Adam Foote and Theodore and would love the chance to bury them.

Root for Sakic?!! It's time for you to take that WIngs Jersey back to where you got it and quit posting on LGW.

A Wings fan that would root for Sakic. WTF!

My friend that lives in Denver tells me that fans still chant "Red Wings Suck" even during the Denver Nuggets games. I don't know if it's true or not but that's what he's told me. I know the rivalry is still there, it will always be there because no fan can forgot those years. It will just take one series to rekindle the old flame.

As another poster put it though... I don't think I'll ever be able to root for an Avs victory. If an Avs victory is good for the Wings in some way, shape or form then I'll just remain indifferent.

That's becaus Avs fans have no class. You won't hear Avs Suck chants at the Joe. I will never forget one of the playoff games in Denver that was on National TV. A fan sitting directly behind the Wings bench had a sign that said "Red Wings Suck". Every time they showed Scotty, you could see the sign.

Now that's real class... I don't just hate the Avs, I hate their classless fans.

Ditto. :scared:

We barely won game 5 and they were without there two best players. And it looks like they may be gone for Nashville in game 6 possibly.. lol we should be very thankful and fortunate with there injuries there having right now and focus on winning this series which is not over by a long shot! Let's bury some more goals like Ozzie said and pray the Preds won't play too well in game 6!

We dominated game 5. The final score was the only thing that was close. As far as Arnott, he was a no show for games 1 and 2 becuase we shut him down.

..as an avs fan, i want the wings in the WCF..

..it would just be more fitting not to mention

the intensity would be so much greater..

..so if you agree that the WCF are the best place

to meet, then send all your good vibes out to

the flames and stars...

trust me, WCF, Wings-Avs.. nothing can or will top that

Your team can't be relied on to make it to the WCF. Just not good enough.

I can't wait to see Fooba back in the Joe - I'll make sure he hears me everytime he skates by!!

roy_vernon.jpg

Edited by Chaldean

Your team can't be relied on to make it to the WCF. Just not good enough.

I can't wait to see Fooba back in the Joe - I'll make sure he hears me everytime he skates by!!

roy_vernon.jpg

Can't be relied on to make it to the WCF?!?....hmmm thats weird coming from a Detroit fan, a team famous for running away with the regular season standings and flopping first or second round. I love the creativity here......Suckalanche....Dives. Come on at least "Deadwings" rhymes. And who are these Aves you speak of?

Aves are a class of warm blooded, egg laying birds that possesses up to 10,000 different species.

AVS is an abreviation for an Avalanche, a natural disaster consisting of mass amounts of snow sliding rapidly down a mountain side, causing extreme damage to life and property that lie in their path.

The Avs were smacked around to the tune of 4-1 not too long ago with Griffins making up the majority of our blueline.

I'm not arrogant or brash and I fully understand the recent history Detroit has fallen to, but considering how handily we have kicked Colorado's ass since...damn, 2002?...I'd feel very confident going against them. We look like a bunch of preteens up front compared to the dinosaurs manning the Avs top 6 forwards. And they're not quite as physical as San Jose or Dallas. I welcome them.

Slightly off topic, but does it annoy anyone else when people spell "Avs" as "Aves". First of all, that would be pronounced ayves, and secondly, living in a spanish-speaking country and speaking spanish for 90% of my waking hours, whenever I see "aves" i think of birds..

Slightly off topic, but does it annoy anyone else when people spell "Avs" as "Aves". First of all, that would be pronounced ayves, and secondly, living in a spanish-speaking country and speaking spanish for 90% of my waking hours, whenever I see "aves" i think of birds..

Thats because Aves ARE birds.

Spelling "Avs" with an "e" (Aves) makes no sense whatsoever, it completely changes the meaning from an abreviated plural form of Avalanche to a classification of bird, not to mention the added "e" gives it a long "A" at the beginning. Which would completely change the pronounciation.

Yes it REALLY annoys me! Anyways, back on topic

The Avalanche are a different team from the regular season 4-0 domination. I think Detroit matches up well against these guys. They will play tough and Theodore is a pretty good goalie. Not as far a plane trip as Calgary. Tough series but I'd favor them over Calgary.

Calgary scares me. That year we lost to them in the second round we were totally owned. Probably one of the worst series I've ever seen the Wings play. Even moreso than our first round exits. On the other hand, we dominated them last playoffs and during the regular season this year. Wings will have to play better than they did against Nashville because Calgary has more offensive threats. Calgary doesn't have many injuries either. Do they?

I choose Lanche. Calgary and Kiprusoff are looking really good against San Jose and downright scary. Game 7 will be intense.