• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

grimace1970

Tootoo's mistake...

Rate this topic

who broke tootoo's nose, anywho?

was it dats when he shouldered him?

I thought it was Stuart with his hit in the 1st period. If you go back and watch the hit, you'll notice Stuart finishes it pretty high with his gloves in Tootoo's face.

I thought it was Stuart with his hit in the 1st period. If you go back and watch the hit, you'll notice Stuart finishes it pretty high with his gloves in Tootoo's face.

That was the conclusion I drew as well.

Cody McLeod might have repeated this mistake today, we'll see what comes of it.

what exactly did he do? I missed the beginning of the game, and when I saw the highlights, it appeared that he threw it? Where did it land?

what exactly did he do? I missed the beginning of the game, and when I saw the highlights, it appeared that he threw it? Where did it land?

curse.jpg

on top of just picking it up, he tried taunting the wings with it and seemed liek he tried to throw it in the stands but missed and hit the side glass of the tunnel.

He picked an octopus up off the ground and skated near the Detroit bench and shook it in his fist (sort of taunting them) and then threw it down the path to Colorado's locker room.

Good move mcleod! atta boy! Pick up the octopus and taunt the wings! oh, and then get your f---ing asses kicked!

seriously, what a moron. why would you come into our house and do something that arrogant and foolhardy? I know you're trying to fire up your team or whatever, but the result of the game displayed the error of his ways.

Good move mcleod! atta boy! Pick up the octopus and taunt the wings! oh, and then get your f---ing asses kicked!

seriously, what a moron. why would you come into our house and do something that arrogant and foolhardy? I know you're trying to fire up your team or whatever, but the result of the game displayed the error of his ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FChAkdKXlPk

exactly...he should have learned from Tootoo's mistake...

After an octopus was thrown on the ice before the game, Colorado’s Cody McLeod picked it up, shook it in the direction of Detroit’s Dallas Drake and threw it off the ice toward the Avs’ dressing room. Why? “Just to let them know they were going to be in a battle,” McLeod said.

Yes, great battle. To which your greatest contribution was picking up a stupid penalty six seconds after finishing up serving the last one.

Dips***.

Was at the game and didn't see it but I just finished off watching the DVR'd game and could not believe it. The thought that came across my mind was "Don't Mess With Our *******". May the Octi jinx live on.

Maybe it's just me but I think this year in the playoffs when opponents get rid of octipi on our ice, they get smacked in the game. Last game for example. I think it happened in game 5 in the Nashville series. Do you likeing it to T.O dancing on the Dallas Cowboys logo, or Michigan State planting their flag in the middle of Notre Dame's stadium? I think back to the IHL game in walker ice arena when a goalie got run for spitting on a team's logo at center ice.

Maybe it's just me but I think this year in the playoffs when opponents get rid of octipi on our ice, they get smacked in the game. Last game for example. I think it happened in game 5 in the Nashville series. Do you likeing it to T.O dancing on the Dallas Cowboys logo, or Michigan State planting their flag in the middle of Notre Dame's stadium? I think back to the IHL game in walker ice arena when a goalie got run for spitting on a team's logo at center ice.

any chance you might have a link to a video of this incident?

edit: thanks alot sergei :thumbup:

Edited by hak

Hey Everyone

I've been reading these forums for a number of years now and have decided to join in on the fun. I figured I would weigh in on this issue because it particularly irks me.

In addition to appearing to be bad karma for opposing teams, I believe they should be fined for doing so as well. If the Wings are going to be fined $10,000 if Al swings an Octopi in order to "prevent Octopi matter" from getting onto the ice, any opposing player who picks up an Octopus and throws it into the corridor should be fined too. In both instances they were thrown while the player was still on the ice, likely resulting in a spraying of Octopi matter. I don't see a whole lot of difference in terms of the NHL's ruling between Al swinging it and another player throwing it.

These two instances to me show that the NHL either needs to expand their ruling to include other teams picking up the Octopi, or drop the idea and focus on more important things like, I dont know, trying to stop fans in other cities from throwing garbage and beer bottles at opposing players.

Hey Everyone

I've been reading these forums for a number of years now and have decided to join in on the fun. I figured I would weigh in on this issue because it particularly irks me.

In addition to appearing to be bad karma for opposing teams, I believe they should be fined for doing so as well. If the Wings are going to be fined $10,000 if Al swings an Octopi in order to "prevent Octopi matter" from getting onto the ice, any opposing player who picks up an Octopus and throws it into the corridor should be fined too. In both instances they were thrown while the player was still on the ice, likely resulting in a spraying of Octopi matter. I don't see a whole lot of difference in terms of the NHL's ruling between Al swinging it and another player throwing it.

These two instances to me show that the NHL either needs to expand their ruling to include other teams picking up the Octopi, or drop the idea and focus on more important things like, I dont know, trying to stop fans in other cities from throwing garbage and beer bottles at opposing players.

This sacraficial rite is tradition in Motown.... We don't throw garbage at anyone. How Macleod handled it was wrong! Supposed some one got injured by the hurling of his anger! <_< He's a slow learner, like Tootoo! All brawn, no brains! Messing with tradition is a curse! :ranting: So go ahead........touch it!!!! :siren:

I entirely agree that he should be fined if they are going to fine Al. As for the NHL I don't understand the whole "octopi matter" on the ice. I'm guessing either Nashville or Colorado complained and look how that's worked out.

I entirely agree that he should be fined if they are going to fine Al. As for the NHL I don't understand the whole "octopi matter" on the ice. I'm guessing either Nashville or Colorado complained and look how that's worked out.

Actually Brian Burke of ANaheim complained during last years playoffs. Yep.

His opinions don't matter, I mean what doesn't he complain about?

Hey you play The Wings, expect Octopussies (my plural sounds better) ! It's a tradition alot older than the current players . I happen to love it, though I am somewhat biased, having grown up within walking distance of JLA. I must admit, I chucked a couple myself.................

Larry Freaking Sterling!

He was the goalie for the CHL team here (Mississippi Riverkings). He went nuts and "redecorated" a hotel room during a road game. He never played another game here. hehehe What a whack job.

Sterling @ HockeyDB

here it is, the spitting incident happened the previous game between the two clubs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ExdHtaLbk