• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Latest Brunnstrom news

Rate this topic

Fabian Brunnstrom, a highly touted 23 year old unrestricted free agent mere days from signing with the Vancouver Canucks prior to the firing of Dave Nonis as general manager has shifted his focus east with the Toronto Maple Leafs having a slight edge among the frontrunners.

Maple Leafs assistant GM Jeff Jackson and Brunnstrom's agent JP Barry have had discussions this week that both characterize as encouraging.

The Leafs and Detroit Red Wings were believed to be high on Brunnstrom's list before he began aggressively negotiating with Vancouver where he was promised a plum position among the Canucks top six forwards.

Detroit is still regarded as a contender, but Brunnstrom may be reluctant to sign with the Wings because of their depth up front.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/darren_dreger/?id=234681

He'd be good to have, but if he's going to be a dick about ice time then he might be a bit of a downer.

Apparently the youngster doesn't know about earning his keep in the NHL.

I think it's too early to make that kind of a judgment, but with Vancouver and Toronto being the two front runners, you may be on to something. Those 2 franchises love to reward apathy, so if Brunnstrom is just looking for the cash then it's a no brainer.

I'm having an impression that every single quality free agent since I don't remember

when has been at some moment linked with Maple Leafs and just wanted it purely

from his heart to go to a team that simply sucks.

I mean... honestly... if the NHL existed back in 20 A.D. the very Jesus Christ would

be rumoured as willing to sign with Maple Leafs.

give me a break from this pro-Canadian crap. Brunnstrom might be a bit

selfish to look for playing minutes rather than quality team to play for but he

should at least have the brain to not touch teams like Sens, Blues, Leafs

or Hawks who have one thing in common: waste any potential they have

and blow in spectacular fashion

Edited by akustyk

So is every player selfish who chooses one of the 29 other teams over the Red Wings, since they clearly do not want to win the Cup?

No, but Toronto is one of the worst run organizations in the NHL, and that is indisputable. It makes no sense why a player would want to go to such a poorly run team. If a player wants to go to a team that doesn't already have tons of talent, go to one that is at least on the rise, like Phoenix, or Chicago, or Edmonton. Toronto is going nowhere. I don't understand it myself, because as a hockey player, I'd rather play for a winning team right away, especially when its the same amount of money. He is an idiot if he signs with Toronto.

Edited by redwinger4747

No, but Toronto is one of the worst run organizations in the NHL, and that is indisputable. It makes no sense why a player would want to go to such a poorly run team. If a player wants to go to a team that doesn't already have tons of talent, go to one that is at least on the rise, like Phoenix, or Chicago, or Edmonton. Toronto is going nowhere. I don't understand it myself, because as a hockey player, I'd rather play for a winning team right away, especially when its the same amount of money. He is an idiot if he signs with Toronto.

Hockey is big in Toronto and Vancouver. This means that not only will he get lots of ice time, he will get lots of attention.

If that's his priorities, we don't want him.

We already had 1 Serge Fedorov....

He will fail miserably in Toronto. Too much pressure for someone who has never played in NA before. Besides, Toronto has the ability to turn anyone whose name isn't Sundin into a below-average hockey player.

I don't think it's quite selfish for a player to want to go to a team where they have more of an opportunity to succeed. Toronto may be known as a poorly-ran team, but Brunnstrom would get a chance to see some solid minutes, while in Detroit, he would be seeing fourth line minutes or playing with Grand Rapids.

Life is about doing what's right for yourself and taking advantage of every opportunity possible. This guy might never make any money in the NHL after his first contract or he might make millions more. It just sucks because if there was no salary cap we could cut throats to get the guy but probably won't even care about him if there wasn't one. I still hope he gives Detroit a shot but I don't see it happening unless something changes again.

id rather have *its hard to type this* sammy and huds than this guy if he doesnt want to work for a spot like they did

i totally agree. if this guy doesn't want to work his way in then we really don't need him. specially to come in and take over someone's spot that has worked hard.

Well personally, as much as I would want to be on a team as good as Detroit, I would probably choose a s***ty team like Toronto if I had the opportunity.

One thing is it has a significant amount of history, like Detroit, so you're not losing anything there.

Sure the fans may suck when they're losing but they are great when they're winning, and they're also pissed as hell. 90% of the stuff they get pissed off for is poor play by McCabe. Take a look at us... almost EVERY person on this forum has said something bad about Sammy, Hudler, Flip, Hasek or even Stuart over the last four days MORE THAN ONCE.

Not only that but (and I'm not comparing him to Steve Yzerman) he could potentially be like Steve Yzerman. I don't know how good this guy really is but Steve came in and completely restored our team at a young age. Everybody dreams of doing that. Maybe Brunnstrom wants to come into Toronto and be that difference for TO. It could happen.

... something is wrong when I start defending Toronto...

Edited by cirov19

Another rookie winger for Sundin with high hopes, most of those guys never lived up to the potential.

He certainly would get a lot of attention in Toronto both good and bad!

Im now wondering what he reason was why he didnt get drafted last year when he was eligible whats the hit on him?

Yea, let's get rid of Hudler, especially after his play this year in the postseason... <_<

Like that goal he scored today? Talented kid, give him some time!

So is every player selfish who chooses one of the 29 other teams over the Red Wings, since they clearly do not want to win the Cup?

Yes, selfish and stupid... Bertuzzi is a prime example, glad that bum/thug is gone

Guest nutz2u

I don't understand why he would be concerned about our 2nd line depth if he thinks he should be assured of getting 2nd line minutes. Hell if he don't think he is good enough to take Sammy's job then then why the hell would we want him?