• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Pierre McGuire: I'm officially on the bandwagon....

Rate this topic

Me myself I would rather have him than Eddie. Eddie always sounds like an idiot, "NOW STOP IT RIGHT HERE!!! Look at THAT! ONE, TWO, THREE PLAYERS right where they need to be!"

I miss Gary Thorne calling games. He has a great voice.

"ESPN isn't picking up NHL until 2009-2010"

is that a set in stone done deal that hockey will be returning to ESPN?

granted the hockey coverage on espn is wretched. BUT i guarantee its still better than vs. and NBC.

thorne and clement would be music to my ears. whenever i watch old wings coverage of the avs rivalry and they're calling the games, it just sounds so epic.

Me myself I would rather have him than Eddie. Eddie always sounds like an idiot, "NOW STOP IT RIGHT HERE!!! Look at THAT! ONE, TWO, THREE PLAYERS right where they need to be!"

Try listening to that every. single. game.

Although the insight he provides is unparalleled.

Now what, Pierre? You hack.

You picked the Ducks to win the Cup. LOL.

You picked the Wings to get dumped out in the first round. LOL AGAIN.

Do us all a favor and come down with throat cancer so we never have to hear your clearly biased voice on National TV anymore.

I hear nobody in here admitting he was right at least when the "goaltending controversy" apparently came true like he was predicting (please for the love of god no goaltending debates, I like both goalies equally). Everybody was all over his behind saying there would be no controversy in terms of who was starting at least. Well look what happened...

I do not understand why people care so much about what he has to say and get so worked up with what he says. There's a mute button on the TV if he's that torturous to listen to.

And no, I don't care one way or the other what he or any other broadcasters have to say during games or about the Red Wings, etc.

SWF:

I'm not admitting he was right because McGuire's angle was that Detroit was in trouble because of their goaltending and because of Hasek. While he was right about Hasek (for now) I have a hard time feeling like Detroit is in trouble.

McGuire could have said something like "Hasek may not hold up, but don't worry, they have a proven goalie in Chris Osgood that can step up if need be"

But he didn't, because he's a tool.

Every once in a while, Doc will solicit an opinion from Olczyk, Milbury and McGuire by saying something like "you guys were all head coaches in the NHL..."

McGuire coached the Hartford Whalers. For one season. How does that even count as head coaching experience?

I honestly think I can analyze hockey better.

For example, one reason why the Dallas Stars won their series against the Ducks, was because of Turco being the third defensemen, by coming out of the net and play the puck bad to the neutral zone, which effectively shut down a lot of Anaheim's dump and chase tactic, where they would use physical play to gain puck control and then make a play. Thats why they stole game 1 and 2 from the Ducks, Turco made good saves, but also help shut down some chances for the Ducks.

The man is freaking stupid. Just look at what I said above, even Barry Melrose would say something like that (he might have I dont know). The point is, he is trying to make it big time, and this bulls*** NHL on NBC is crap, where is Bill Clement? I say Him and Gary Thorne were the best, sure everyone says stupid things, but when s*** goes down, Gary Thorne was the man.

i dont mind Pierre, he's entertaining to listen to and knows alot about the game, kind of like "Grapes" in a way.

I dont take thier opinions to heart or thier comments on the Wings or any other teams. What i take to heart is what happens on the ice the rest is just color, may as well be entertaining

Edited by <nightwing>

I'm indifferent to him. I try to avoid watching NBC at all costs anyway, I don't particularly like their coverage of NHL. They do the football alright though.

McGuire does do an excellent impression of an erect penis though, you must admit.

weird..if it is because of his broken finger tho i wouldnt see why he couldnt shake hands with that hand if he can shoot a hockey stick...

Again dude, there's a thread for this topic elsewhere. Lol.

I like how the other NBC guys pick on him a lot. Especially Mike Milbury.

I'd pick on anyone that masturbated to a Phanuef poster nightly too.

McGuire couldn't wait to hammer on Detroit when they had that slide in February. Of course, he never bothered to mention that our top 4 defensemen were out with injury.

I would love nothing more than to see San Jose win tomorrow night to complete the McGuire-double whammy; Detroit advancing and Calgary's elimination. He'll probably kill himself.

Pierre McGuire is a complete tool, and not in the "tools are useful" sorta way. He is extremely biased against the Red Wings, much the same ilk as Melrose. They both seem to be completely gagging on words when the Wings come up and I agree, yesterday after the game he seems to say everything with this look on his face and hook in his voice. The look was just a constant grimmace and his voice reminds me of the skinny drunk kid who speaks half sarcastically, not doing anything to warrant an ass kickin' but enough to see he is acting a bit big for his britches. I think its hilarious when he gets all ME, ME, ME and has to try and talk over everyone and gets extremely excited and sheds the guise of unbiased reporting and reverts to THE RED WINGS' OPPONENT ARE TOO MUCH FOR THEM mode. Anyone else notice how after his interviews with Red Wings yesterday he didn't even bother to step off camera or anything before losing the half grimmace smile dropping the mic from his face and yelling "doc!".

On top of all that, he is one of the guys that asks questions about references or preferred opponents that they know no NHL player is gonna answer and just asks it and asks it and seems frustrated when they don't devulge it