• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut4013

Who would you rather play?

Rate this topic

I don't care who we play.

WE'RE THE DETROIT FRICKEN RED WINGS. *imitates teh Super Bowl Shuffle"

SO BRING ON COLORADO, BRING ON CALGARY! THIS IS FOR AL AND HIS OCTOPI DEBAUCHERY!

No poison picking.

We were all tickled like crazy to face Edmonton in the first round of 2006 because they played a "similar" game to ours. Well look what happened...

Seeding, at least in terms of the talent level or capability of the teams, means very little anymore. It doesn't matter if you are seeded 1st, 8th, or 50th.

No matchup is going to be a walk in the park. I don't care if it is Calgary, Colorado, or District-5.

I don't care who they play.

That line of thinking doesn't make much sense - if the Sharks are the team you fear most, wouldn't you rather have them out altogether?

I think he just means that the two of the three that remain can beat on each other for a long hard fought series and then hopefully which ever one makes it through will be tired after we have finished off the Avs.

Both later night games, Kipper vs Theodore? Theo is the guy id rather face. Also there is the backup goal tender to look at something about playing against Joseph scares me he looked like he had too much fun when he stepped in and won that game for them not that he is the starter or anything.

Iginla vs Forsberg. I would like to stay away from Iginla if possible.

Coach vs Coach, done well against Kennan coached teams over the years but you cant win them all. Something here says beware of Keenan to me.

I could go on but I am already leaning towards playing the avs so avs it is.

so everyone is scared of calgary. good to see.

Not necessarily scared, but if it comes down to picking poison, Calgary is a physical team that's hard to beat on the road, while Colorado is a soft team, who we own in their building.

I'm all for renewing a rivalry. Or at least have a series with the Avalanche. Do I expect a blood bath? No, but I would rather play the Avalanche than the Flames who we just dealt with last season.

so everyone is scared of calgary. good to see.

Not scared at all. BUT if you are asked to pick between two teams then you want to pick between the two weaker even if you are scared of neither. I think it would not be as difficult to beat the Avs even though I have no doubt that we could be the Flames as well. Unless the teams are exactly the same there is always going to be a preference of one over the other.

I'm not picking a preference based on who I think we can beat. That's picking your own poison and the bad things about that have been discussed.

But for old-times sake, distance, and the fact we haven't played them in years, I kind of lean toward Colorado, though I don't want San Jose to survive the first round. Just so the media will have to find a new darling to pick over the Wings, since both Anaheim and San jose would be gone (hopefully).

im just glad were in round 2 but able to play and beat the av would make big bonus points for me busting my friends bryans balls would be priceless

im just glad were in round 2 but able to play and beat the av would make big bonus points for me busting my friends bryans balls would be priceless

2 for Avs!

I don't want to pick a team, but all I know is, I hate playing in Calgary. The Flames have great fans and they really pump up the team. I'm pulling for SJ in Game 7.

With Sakic, Forsberg, and Foote, it could be fun playing the Avs. It'll be like old times.

I don't want to pick a team, but all I know is, I hate playing in Calgary. The Flames have great fans and they really pump up the team. I'm pulling for SJ in Game 7.

With Sakic, Forsberg, and Foote, it could be fun playing the Avs. It'll be like old times.

They do have great fans, but San Jose has a LOT of talent. Remember, but for Lang's fluke goal, we fall to them last year... Av's redux would be a good time though!