• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CAredwingsfan91

Dominik Hasek

Rate this topic

if this was already posted please delete.

Ok so I know theres an article of this somewhere but i can't find it and its getting me mad sorry im still trying but anyways I don't know if a lot of you know this or not but did any of know Mitch Korn is the Predators goal tending coach? who cares right? well Mister Korn was also the SABRES goal tending coach while Hasek was there. Hmmm...no wonder Hasek got completely lit up during his what the media is calling it "melt down" i know theres so much more you can throw into this but for anyone who doesn't think this didn't play a major role in why/how the preds chased Dom out of the net then WHATEVER! I know its late to post this but I wouldn't be surprised if we see Dom back in net the next round. thoughts on this guys? once again if this has already been posted sorry its been a long day for me.

Now in his 10th season with the Nashville Predators, Mitch previously spent seven seasons as the Goaltending Coach for the Buffalo Sabres organization. His hard work, superb communication skills, and great sense of humor have gained him the respect and friendship of those he has coached which include Dominik Hasek, Tomas Vokoun, Chris Mason, Dan Ellis, Steve Shields, Robb Stauber, Marty Biron, Olaf Kolzig, Pekka Rinne, Brian Finley, Ty Conklin, Steve McKichan (now Toronto Maple Leaf goalie coach), Clint Malarchuk (now the Columbus Blue Jackets goalie coach), Grant Fuhr (now Phoenix Coyote goalie coach), and Mike Dunham (now NY Islander Goalie Coach.)

thoughts ladies and gents??

korn on the cob

Edited by CAredwingsfan91

IMO all Keepers just play better against different teams. Yes Ozzy gets my vote for starter. But Dom can play. We have to give him that.

We should just be happy that we have two Kick @$$ keepers.

We've seen that goalies just get hot against certain teams. So Nashville solved Hasek. That's not to say he won't be back. Maybe Ozzie will have trouble with Dallas or somebody down the line, and Hasek will come in and be a brick wall.

That's the beauty of rotation. We've debated it all year, but now we've seen it in playoff action and we know it works.

We should all be thankful we have the likes of Hasek and Osgood in net for us.

Osgood all the way.

No matter what a former goaltender coach of hasek's told the predators, it comes down to skill. you are implying that there is a magic shot to beat hasek. How about when he's flailing on the ground? shoot it then. It doesn't take a former goaltender coach of his to tell anyone that. Hasek is a good goalie, but he doesn't stand on his head and make saves anymore. He stands on his head and watched goals fly past him. The bottom line is that his deteriorating skills, and lack of play this season due to injuries really held him back.

How could the team always make sure he didn't play back to back, or play too many games etc, but then expect him to make a FULL playoff run? The man isn't jesus.

Neither is Ozzy, but he's the hotter goalie than hasek.

if this was already posted please delete.

Ok so I know theres an article of this somewhere but i can't find it and its getting me mad sorry im still trying but anyways I don't know if a lot of you know this or not but did any of know Mitch Korn is the Predators goal tending coach? who cares right? well Mister Korn was also the SABRES goal tending coach while Hasek was there. Hmmm...no wonder Hasek got completely lit up during his what the media is calling it "melt down" i know theres so much more you can throw into this but for anyone who doesn't think this didn't play a major role in why/how the preds chased Dom out of the net then WHATEVER! I know its late to post this but I wouldn't be surprised if we see Dom back in net the next round. thoughts on this guys? once again if this has already been posted sorry its been a long day for me.

No. Babcock's already said it will be Ozzie. And I like your dashing pre-emptive rebuttal to anyone who dares disagree with you.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hasek also let in 4 times as many goals in a combined 20 seconds than osgood did in 2 and a half games.

IMO all Keepers just play better against different teams. Yes Ozzy gets my vote for starter. But Dom can play. We have to give him that.

We should just be happy that we have two Kick @$$ keepers.

Correction he could play. Things aren't held in constant. Mohammed Ali was the best boxer ever but i could beat the f*** outta him now. Get my point? Hasek will be remembered as the better goalie, just not for this season.

Hasek also let in 4 times as many goals in a combined 20 seconds than osgood did in 2 and a half games.

Correction he could play. Things aren't held in constant. Mohammed Ali was the best boxer ever but i could beat the f*** outta him now. Get my point? Hasek will be remembered as the better goalie, just not for this season.

Ali wasn't even close to being the best pound for pound boxer ever, and Joe Louis is the best heavyweight ever. I know this thread isn't about Ali, but each time I hear someone call him that I cringe. Amongst most boxing experts, he's not the greatest ever.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
here we go this is for all you moody cry babies :violin: stop takin things in the butt.

I'm not inpersonating your wife when shes with me dont worry.

your the one trying to save your fading hero

I think this fact had to do with Hasek problems but I also think Dom

and our defense were not as sharp as they used to be.

the goalie swap had mental influence on the team. the Wings started

playing hard and fighting for this series win not just trying to escape

with lucky bounces.

Wings in Game 5 and Game 6 were a completely different team than

one we saw earlier this series. it's not Dom's fault that they had

to regroup and burn the fire after his benching.

truth being said I like Oz more. he's less prone to collapses and

also worked hard to get this spot. and he's been absolutely

outstanding in those 2,5 games. just compare him to Ellis who

let out a huge number of rebounds every single game while Oz

caught basically all pucks fired at him

Note: this analysis/theory has more to do with the season in general than the 1st round

You know, I can't say for sure, but I might venture to say that Dom may've still had a run in him with a different team. I don't think anyone would argue that when he's on he can still play some pretty good hockey, but Detroit is kinda not the most logical choice for him to land. He's always been a guy who wants a lot of shots. I think with a team as tight as Detroit, they force teams to make really great plays to get shots which just doesn't work in Dom's favor. He's not as sharp because he's not getting the number of shots he's used to and then they're a tougher bunch on top of that. I think he was more ripe to handle it in '02 when he was still 37. Maybe at 43 it's just too much to ask him to work outside his comfort zone. Heaven knows.

I think it's been relatively obvious as the season has gone on and certainly in the playoffs that the team plays better in front of Osgood, but again, I don't know if it has as much to do with Dom "sucking" so much as Osgood's steady and consistent style (not to mention his great puck handling skills which helps the puck-possession game) simply suiting the overall team's style more so at this point. Hockey is such a team sport and the goalie plays into the wholistic outcome of it more than what appears obvious.

You force a team to make a great play to get a shot and it just doesn't suit Dom's "flop" style. Teams with more room aren't going to have to focus so much on pinpoint setups and will throw more at the net and scramble more. Play a little sloppier in front of him because he'll likely stifle the scramblers and he's tough one on one with the shooter if you make a bad play in the offensive zone. Dom has handled those situations really well in the past, but that's not the game he gets in Detroit. It's never really been his game.

I think a case can be made for either side you want to look at it, and at 43 no one will argue that he's not the goalie he was 10 years ago, but I don't know if it's really as much about Dom losing his game as it may appear so much as more of a wrong guy, wrong place sort of thing. And again, I'm not saying he didn't drop the ball in round 1, but I wonder if he wouldn't have had a better season altogether with a more loose team in terms of style and all. We'll never know, but hey, I'm just saying. It's a discussion board, might as well discuss it. I don't want him starting for the Wings anymore, but I don't want to senselessly rip on one of the greatest goalies ever at this point either. Might as well try to spin a bright side for him.

Ali wasn't even close to being the best pound for pound boxer ever, and Joe Louis is the best heavyweight ever. I know this thread isn't about Ali, but each time I hear someone call him that I cringe. Amongst most boxing experts, he's not the greatest ever.

I'm a boxer and a boxing fan, and I concur. Ali was the best of his time, sure, but Joe Louis is the best gloved heavyweight. I'd personally argue John Sullivan for best heavyweight, but bare-knuckle and gloved boxing are totally different fight styles. I'd go so far as to say Joe Louis would class as the best 20th Century boxer.

As for Hasek, without any flaming, I'd say his body is just wearing to the point that he can't keep up with his mind. When he gets enough shots to keep warmed up, he's great. Problem is, Detroit's playing style is as such that the shots he faces are rare and extremely well-placed.

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hockeyguy does Hasek

Guy needs to get his facts straight. He says Buffalo traded him to Detroit in 2001 and Detroit wanted him because they had tried and failed with Curtis Joseph. But CuJo was not here until after Hasek retired the first time out of Detroit in June 2002. Plus he said we traded to Buffalo Vlad Kozlov. Who? Dont you mean Slava Kozlov? Sorry hockey guy, if you're going to have a name like hockey guy, know your facts. Until then just stop making videos.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Guy needs to get his facts straight. He says Buffalo traded him to Detroit in 2001 and Detroit wanted him because they had tried and failed with Curtis Joseph. But CuJo was not here until after Hasek retired the first time out of Detroit in June 2002. Plus he said we traded to Buffalo Vlad Kozlov. Who? Dont you mean Slava Kozlov? Sorry hockey guy, if you're going to have a name like hockey guy, know your facts. Until then just stop making videos.

I caught that too, and people called him out on it in the comments. Otherwise the video was decent. He's a Vancouver guy who tries to report on the whole league. His Red Wings depth chart was a lil wonky too. I'm just happy the guy is making hockey content... wish more would.

Hockey Guy needs to stop trying to do 10 videos about nothing a day, and do 1 or 2 well researched videos instead. If that many.

I started watching for a while, but he was so wrong, so often, that it was just agonizing to watch anymore. If it's not a team that he follows, he seems pretty clueless, but that doesn't stop him from plodding on and just using alternative facts for what he doesn't know, and then if called out in the comments, he gets all pissy about someone simply correcting him. 

He did a "History of The Red Wings" video a few months ago, that was so factually inaccurate that when I picked apart his errors, he started deleting my comments. He was so whiny, I thought he was going to start throwing sand. I'm surprised he didn't block me, but then again, I pretty much stopped watching after that anyway.

If you're going to make videos, and try to make a living off of doing it, you better damn well have your facts straight. And if you don't, at least grow some thicker skin. Probably a soccer fan.

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Does he think Vlad is short for Vyacheslav lol. Who is this guy anyways? Does he have any actual credentials? Or is he just a fan who does video's?

Edited by kliq

9 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Hockey Guy needs to stop trying to do 10 videos about nothing a day, and do 1 or 2 well researched videos instead. If that many.

I started watching for a while, but he was so wrong, so often, that it was just agonizing to watch anymore. If it's not a team that he follows, he seems pretty clueless, but that doesn't stop him from plodding on and just using alternative facts for what he doesn't know, and then if called out in the comments, he gets all pissy about someone simply correcting him. 

He did a "History of The Red Wings" video a few months ago, that was so factually inaccurate that when I picked apart his errors, he started deleting my comments. He was so whiny, I thought he was going to start throwing sand. I'm surprised he didn't block me, but then again, I pretty much stopped watching after that anyway.

If you're going to make videos, and try to make a living off of doing it, you better damn well have your facts straight. And if you don't, at least grow some thicker skin. Probably a soccer fan.

lol @ him acting pissy and deleting comments. From what I saw yesterday on this video there were comments calling him out, but he hadn't responded.

This is maybe the 6th or 7th video I've watched of his. It's one thing to make errors, but you gotta be humble about it hockeyguy. A lot of really big youtubers used to make terrible content, but honed their craft over the years and got big. Hopefully he can learn.

If anyone wants to blow up on youtube... make a "content cop" video highlighting all of Hockeyguys inconsistencies/errors. It would get big quick in the hockey community right now. I'll personally push it on the webs for you. 

2 hours ago, kliq said:

Does he think Vlad is short for Vyacheslav lol. Who is this guy anyways? Does he have any actual credentials? Or is he just a fan who does video's?

Just a fan who does videos. He's been grinding making videos this summer, and has blown up a bit on youtube. Will be interesting to see if he stays relevant when the season starts.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

If he starts getting his facts correct, then maybe he can blow up. He seems to have great intentions and wants to be known for his "wealth of knowledge," but just a little bit more research and fact checking before he actually publishes the video(s) isn't too hard to do.  Especially with website's like Hockey-reference.com, hockeydb.com, eliteprospects.com and capfriendly.com just to name a few.  I believe some of you guys on here could do a better job than that guy when it comes to making informative and factual videos.

Hasek:

Joseph:

I mean, sheesh, someone has done all the hard work already...as we see, (and I was unaware of) Cujo was actually traded to Calgary 2 days before he signed with Detroit obviously because they want at least something in return for him.

Edited by LeftWinger