• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thegerkin

Quack, Quack.... bye-bye Ducks!

Rate this topic

Don't you people realise that the Ducks losing and Giggy looking like a seive is the worst thing that could happen to the NHL?

What do you think Giggy's going to do for next year? He's going to replace his jersey with a parachute and stuff as many sofa cushions that he can up there!

He'll have to cut out two holes in the middle of the Ducks logo just to see!!!

Blimpb22.jpg

Giggy's 2008-09 look.

Edited by Hank

It's amazing...there are really no teams left in the playoffs right now that I truly, truly hate. Calgary's probably the closest thing because of Igoonla and Phaneuf, but even they could get a partial pass from me right now because of Cujo.

Remember when Rummy went on that 'we dont know what we dont know' rant a few years back? 'Highlights' from the local LA fishwrap:

Tina Salami:

"When you have won there's a little bit [of] satisfaction inside your body. You try hard but when you're a little bit off here and there, that's why you can't win," Selanne said.

"You need every player's commitment and work ethic and all the tools every player can bring. If you can't, even if you're off a little bit here and there, you can't do it."

And their main beat writer Helene Elliott (who is in the HOF writers wing or summin - go fig) fawned over Schneids last September. She appears to have a lil different opinion this AM:

When Niedermayer returned and General Manager Brian Burke had to make salary-cap space for him this season and next, Burke had to choose between trading center Andy McDonald or defenseman Mathieu Schneider. He dealt McDonald, the team's top playoff goal scorer last spring, so he could keep his defense intact.

That was the wrong decision, not only because the Ducks lost McDonald's playmaking and scoring but because Schneider is incurably soft and untrustworthy defensively. Those failings were never better typified than when he let Stephane Robidas get past him along the right-wing boards and set up Stu Barnes for Dallas' second goal.

Dumping McD was the downfall of Smirk - he didn't want to deal with another issue ala Penner - he probably woulda blown a gasket. They had the lowest GF in the league this year. So much for D winning games.......

I hate the flames, so that counts for something. I really don't hate the sharks or the stars. As for the Aves I wont say that i don't hate them its just not that sane team that I hated years before.

I can't wait to watch NHL Live today on NHLN. Hradek and LaGreca are going to be consuming major servings of humble pie. A little ice cream to help it go down better, boys????

"You need every player's commitment and work ethic and all the tools every player can bring. If you can't, even if you're off a little bit here and there, you can't do it."

That's rich coming from a part-time player like Selanne.

It's amazing...there are really no teams left in the playoffs right now that I truly, truly hate. Calgary's probably the closest thing because of Igoonla and Phaneuf, but even they could get a partial pass from me right now because of Cujo.

nice avatar... and I agree with your post.

I had more fun watching the Stars dismantle Anaheim than I did watching the Wings win. Does that make me bad? :lol: I guess I don't hate the Preds as much as I do Anaheim, or something.

NO, dear it doesn't make you bad. It was hilarious watching Anaheim get their collective egos handed to them. I am kinda hoping that San Jose wins Tuesday night and sets up a Sharks - Stars series so they can beat the living hell out of each other, while we systematically dismantle Colorado.

This is getting better and better! Loo, consider the demise of Anaheim an early birthday present. :D

Guest nutz2u
Remember when Rummy went on that 'we dont know what we dont know' rant a few years back? 'Highlights' from the local LA fishwrap:

Tina Salami:

"When you have won there's a little bit [of] satisfaction inside your body. You try hard but when you're a little bit off here and there, that's why you can't win," Selanne said.

And their main beat writer Helene Elliott (who is in the HOF writers wing or summin - go fig) fawned over Schneids last September. She appears to have a lil different opinion this AM:

When Niedermayer returned and General Manager Brian Burke had to make salary-cap space for him this season and next, Burke had to choose between trading center Andy McDonald or defenseman Mathieu Schneider. He dealt McDonald, the team's top playoff goal scorer last spring, so he could keep his defense intact.

That was the wrong decision, not only because the Ducks lost McDonald's playmaking and scoring but because Schneider is incurably soft and untrustworthy defensively. Those failings were never better typified than when he let Stephane Robidas get past him along the right-wing boards and set up Stu Barnes for Dallas' second goal.

Dumping McD was the downfall of Smirk - he didn't want to deal with another issue ala Penner - he probably woulda blown a gasket. They had the lowest GF in the league this year. So much for D winning games.......

I screwed up as to who scooted around Schnider in my post but not who the goat was. I was glad when he went to the sucks. Now he can suck a beer while he watches the the Wings go for the cup.

I am so glad that Pronger and the ducks have been knocked out of the playoffs!!!!!! Great news

:thumbup:

And of course Pronger goes out the only way he knows how, like a thug.

Man am I glad that after the Wings game I stayed up until 7am to watch this humiliation! And it goes without saying that today has been great! Can you spell O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D?

The results couldn't have been better last night with also the Flames forcing a game 7! :yahoo:

Hopefully all this means the stars (no pun intended) are aligned in the Wings' favor this year. :innocent:

Nothing better than a dead duck :thumbup:

Except for a bunch of dead Red Wings who were beaten in the 1st round by them, an 8th place team in 4 straight games, the year after the Wings won the Stanley Cup.

At least the Ducks didn't lose to the 8th seed in 4 straight games like your team did in 2003.

Time heals all wounds I guess and dulls the memory as well.

Except for a bunch of dead Red Wings who were beaten in the 1st round by them, an 8th place team in 4 straight games, the year after the Wings won the Stanley Cup.

At least the Ducks didn't lose to the 8th seed in 4 straight games like your team did in 2003.

Mr Burke, is that you?

35b2f340a9b03202fe85fae0570ce300.jpg

Look at the roster, how many players from that wings team are still on this roster!!!

Good try though it didn't show you to be bitter at all!!!

Wow! "Bitter, table for one?"

Better to lose in the first round after winning the Cup than not making the playoffs at all after going to the finals.

(Hint: 2004)

Giguere's workout for this summer: Add more pads!

Edited by Hank