• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thegerkin

Quack, Quack.... bye-bye Ducks!

Rate this topic

only thing better woulda been the wings eliminating the ducks for themselves... oh well, i'll take it.

2 bad i really wanted another wings-ducks series. <_<

Gotta tell you, I am a little disappointed by this, had the Red Sox not beaten the Yankees for the Championship in 04 it wouldn't have been so sweet, it would have been great to see the Wings eliminated the ducks, but I will take what I can get!!!!

I agree with you three. I didn't think it would have been fair for the Wings to finish as a one seed and have to play SJ and Anaheim two years in a row. But I also think the Wings have some unfinished business with the Ducks, and part of me would like to settle the score. The Wings would have a lot of hate and added motivation to fuel them against Anaheim. If the Wings play the Flames than the Sharks, they'll face two teams with added motivation against them.

But yes, I'll take what I can get.

Guest nutz2u
Except for a bunch of dead Red Wings who were beaten in the 1st round by them, an 8th place team in 4 straight games, the year after the Wings won the Stanley Cup.

At least the Ducks didn't lose to the 8th seed in 4 straight games like your team did in 2003.

Time heals all wounds I guess and dulls the memory as well.

What cha doin here, nobody to help lick your wounds in ducky world? Tell weenie wad Pronger to enjoy golfing.

Except for a bunch of dead Red Wings who were beaten in the 1st round by them, an 8th place team in 4 straight games, the year after the Wings won the Stanley Cup.

At least the Ducks didn't lose to the 8th seed in 4 straight games like your team did in 2003.

hahahahaha....enjoy caddying for a nice juicy first round exit.

hahahahaha....enjoy caddying for a nice juicy first round exit.

Hahaha. And tell your team that the start of the season is September.

I guess Burke won't be giving any of his players extra time off again in the near future.

Well f*ck me! Here i am thinking it's 2008. Shame on me. Get that memory of yours checked too. We were the 2 seed.

:octo: Have a nice time at the golf course.

Duck Guy, YOU are the classiest thing about the Ducks organization. I too was hoping for another Ducks Wings showdown.

It is somewhat gratifying, though, that with all Burke's manuevering and scheming ( bringing back the well rested ringers Selanne and Neidermeiher, ad getting his old boy Bert and getting Schneids, I feal like they should actually be embarressed big time to be out in the first round.

Well, this way Burke can get an early start in Toronto, and Bertuzzi can get an early start looking for a house in Toronto.

Poll question: Will they make the playoffs next year?

Me too! That way the Wings could have shown them who the real champs were last year. I guess Burke didn't pay off the ref's this year.

I agree with you three. I didn't think it would have been fair for the Wings to finish as a one seed and have to play SJ and Anaheim two years in a row. But I also think the Wings have some unfinished business with the Ducks, and part of me would like to settle the score. The Wings would have a lot of hate and added motivation to fuel them against Anaheim. If the Wings play the Flames than the Sharks, they'll face two teams with added motivation against them.

But yes, I'll take what I can get.

I think you're having a brainfart TMI. How could the Wings play both SJ and CAL this year. One of them will be eliminated tomorrow night before the Wings could even have a crack at them.

Unless you're referring to one this year and one the next?

I think you're having a brainfart TMI. How could the Wings play both SJ and CAL this year. One of them will be eliminated tomorrow night before the Wings could even have a crack at them.

Unless you're referring to one this year and one the next?

TMI probably meant Avs, then Sharks. Atleast, thats what I got out of that.

TMI probably meant Avs, then Sharks. Atleast, thats what I got out of that.

Perhaps, but the "added motivation" part is what through me off. The Wings haven't beat the Avalanche since 2002 when the rivalry was still going on. If those two teams were to meet in the next Round I highly doubt either of them would have more motivation based on past series' outcomes.

The Sharks or the Flames on the other hand, would.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

...this is what happens to the "Bettman" teams. Look at the last 3 winners since the Dynasty teams of Detroit then New Jersey won it. Anaheim, Carolina and Tampa. Hmmm, look at the Detroit Red Wings. Still adavancing. Now you can probably expect Neidermeyer and Selanna to retire again, Bertuzzi should jump ship, Weight will go back to St. Louis (or retire) They aren't getting crap in return for losing Penner and soon there will be a mass exodus out of Anaheim. No they won't make the playoffs, Pronger will be traded and the duckies will be just another one hit wonder "Bettman" team, meanwhile the Devils, Red Wings, Aves, Rangers, Stars, etc... are STILL making a splash in the playoffs. Hmmmm, go figure...

Detroit didn't lose in 4 straight games to an 8th seed in 2003.

They lost to a 7th seed in 2003.

Sounds like you're doing a lot of this... :crybaby:

Sounds like you're doing a lot of this... :crybaby:

Glad to see the Ducks gone. I've been saying it all year. Lack of scoring doomed them.

The finished with 2.17 GFA in the playoffs. This was 13th out of 16 teams. You can't win if you don't score even if you are "Built for the Playoffs"

Oh, and if you are wondering, they finished 14th in GAA.

Hehehehehehehe

Guest nutz2u
Duck Guy, YOU are the classiest thing about the Ducks organization. I too was hoping for another Ducks Wings showdown.

It is somewhat gratifying, though, that with all Burke's manuevering and scheming ( bringing back the well rested ringers Selanne and Neidermeiher, ad getting his old boy Bert and getting Schneids, I feal like they should actually be embarressed big time to be out in the first round.

Well, this way Burke can get an early start in Toronto, and Bertuzzi can get an early start looking for a house in Toronto.

Poll question: Will they make the playoffs next year?

The house they'll share, as in, "couple" ?

"GOD Chris Simpson is horrible. Why does she do the interviews? I can think of a hundred better fit for interview players before, during, after the game. And she is not even hot."

then there was this doozy: "well you won the first round, just how far can this team go?"

what the hell is the man supposed to say. "its been a good run but i dont think we have what it takes to get passed round 2 TBH. that first one was too tough mentally and physically. but hey maybe all the LUCK that got us through this series will carry over..."

I just now got around to seeing this. I am SO glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the stupid questions! I was literally screaming at the tv!

This afternoon I was talking to my mom about the games, and happened to mention this interview. My 70-year old mother said, "If she'd asked me that question, my answer would've been, 'What do you think, *****?'"

God, I love my mother!!! :D

donGOLF.jpg

DuckGuy, your the only real affiliation that I have with anyone who considers themselves to be a Ducks fan. You make Ducks fans look good my man, a class act all the way! :clap:

To that end...sorry for your loss, but hey, you could always make the conversion and change your name to WingGuy, just a thought. :sly:

DuckGuy, your the only real affiliation that I have with anyone who considers themselves to be a Ducks fan. You make Ducks fans look good my man, a class act all the way! :clap:

To that end...sorry for your loss, but hey, you could always make the conversion and change your name to WingGuy, just a thought. :sly:

Living in Las Vegas, I live with/know a ton of them. Trust me when I say they all aren't like DuckGuy.