• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gowingsgo

I want the Avs

Rate this topic

let's not pretend there's a rivalry when there clearly isn't.

Detroit isn't the same team as in 1997-1998... same goes for Colorado.

But still... f*#k them and I hope they die. Nothing like digging up a dead horse to beat it to death again.

But still... f*#k them and I hope they die. Nothing like digging up a dead horse to beat it to death again.

nahh... it's better to seek a new arch-rival than to dig up a dead horse.

It's like Evander Holyfield wanting to fight Mike Tyson for "old-times-sake".

What's done is done.

let's not get pathetic...

nahh... it's better to seek a new arch-rival than to dig up a dead horse.

It's like Evander Holyfield wanting to fight Mike Tyson for "old-times-sake".

What's done is done.

let's not get pathetic...

The Wings seem to have more beef with the Ducks these days. I watched the game between them a few months back on NBC where they called off a Detroit goal late because Holmstrom "interfered" with Giguerre. A brawl ensued after the next puck drop and I immediately said to myself that Anaheim was the new Colorado in terms of Detroit's rivals. If they do play each other I certainly do not expect another bench brawl or goalie fight (although it would be sweet).

Edited by Avalanche Warning

Let's not Forget the less celebrated 98 Brawl

LOL, and Who can forget Hasek's Attempt at an 02 Brawl?

Hmmmmmmm, Come to think about it...We only Win Stanley cups on the Years we Brawl With the Avs.....

Feb 29th 2008

Does that Count?

You gonna tell me this isn't a Rivalry anymore??

Wings Avs Round 2 Or 3.....I just hope we get to play them....I think they'll be the tougher Opponent, But I just really want to see this series.

All I can add is I hate the Avs (minus Sakic). I want to kill them in a public place, like the second round of the playoffs.

I hate them more than you do. Maybe we can have a LGW competition of some sort, where we'll finally crown a winner of which LGW member hates the divealanche the most.

Hey Wings Fans,

I was here last year at this time.... I attended all of the flames losses in your building. I am obviously hoping that the wings play the flames in round 2 ;) But I am actually slightly surprised about the sentiments of this board. After your total domination of the Flames last year, I would have thought wings fans would drool over the opportunity to play us again. Granted we are a much different team than last year. I still am hoping the flames win tonight, especially since I live so close to Detroit and could continue to make the trip down.

Hopefully I will have the opportunity to visit this board for another playoff series. It's always a fun place to talk hockey, and the fans on this board are generally fairly civil :D

IMO the Wings will beat the Flames, the Avs and the Stars no problem, ITS THE SHARKS that worry me.

If the Flames win tonight then its Wings flames and is the only reason I would rather play them in the second round rather than the Avs. Kiprusoff has proven to be beatable this year, and the Wings beat him last year.

The Sharks can get hot like they did at the end of the year and sweep the Wings.

So from me GO FLAMES!

Anyone who doesnt believe we have a rivalry with the Avs is either too young to remember and didn't see it or doesn't feel the pain of seeing your boys get cheap-shotted by dirty ass Claude Lemeiux. They may not have all the old pieces, and same goes for us, but its still a big rivalry. I hate the Avs. Thats never changing.

Anyone who doesnt believe we have a rivalry with the Avs is either too young to remember and didn't see it or doesn't feel the pain of seeing your boys get cheap-shotted by dirty ass Claude Lemeiux. They may not have all the old pieces, and same goes for us, but its still a big rivalry. I hate the Avs. Thats never changing.

Actually I remember those events very very well, however I also remember that Lemeiux is no longer on that team.

What you are talking about is hating the org, like I hate the Yankees. I mean I think Jeter is a great player and plays the game right, BUT HE BLOWS, because he is a yankee.

I was more into the players aspect, I always thought of it as a player v. player rivalry. Mac/Turtle Feds/Floppa Yzerman/Sakic so on and so forth.

I am not saying you can't hold your opinion of the rivalry, but you and I view it differently.

If I remember correctly, a rivalry already existed between Quebec and Detroit.. It was just amplified by dirty ass Lemeiux.

It’s funny how Wings fans forget that the hatred started when Kozlov sucker-punched Adam Foote’s face into the glass, opening up a huge cut. Then Lemieux was suspended for his sucker punch on Koslov and Koslov was not. Brian Burke is the reason for the hatred

Edited by AVAL

Ok ok, let's just say that Avs and Wings rivality is dead. Yeah so? Let's bring it back. I mean, it's like Montreal and Toronto, they hate each other, but they forget and everytime they play each other, they remember how much the can't stand Tucker's face. Same thing here, only that there's other players. Let 'em into the feud. It'll be fun.

Edited by Maaq

Hey Wings Fans,

I was here last year at this time.... I attended all of the flames losses in your building. I am obviously hoping that the wings play the flames in round 2 ;) But I am actually slightly surprised about the sentiments of this board. After your total domination of the Flames last year, I would have thought wings fans would drool over the opportunity to play us again. Granted we are a much different team than last year. I still am hoping the flames win tonight, especially since I live so close to Detroit and could continue to make the trip down.

Hopefully I will have the opportunity to visit this board for another playoff series. It's always a fun place to talk hockey, and the fans on this board are generally fairly civil :D

Glad you thought it was total domination :P

I think it's just the chance to play the Avs again that people want, not so much because one team is easier than the other. There hasn't been a Wings-Avs series for six years, where in the seven years between 1996-2002 there were five.

And I know the fire has mostly gone out of the rivalry on the ice, but for me at least the hatred is still there. Kind of latent, but still there. I have very vivid memories of the whole thing, from that fateful Game 6 onward. (I remember, for example, that Draper wasn't the only Wing that Clod the Turtle injured in that game. Earlier he had cross-checked Igor Larionov (or maybe it was Fetisov) into the boards from behind and broke his toe.) I'm glad to see that Wings fans are confident enough in our team that we think we can beat either one and would prefer the Avs whether or not they're the better team.

Me, I'm tired of waiting. 10 PM can't get here soon enough.

Thats exactly what the Wild said.

I'd love to see another Avs - Wings series but I'm pulling for Calgary to beat the Sharks because we've had the Stars number in the playoffs the last few years and Detroit handed us our lunch in the regular season (although that was without Stastny, Smyth, Sakic, Forsberg, Foote and 2002 Theodore).

Yeah. And with the way the Flames are holding their own against San Jose, Calgary wouldve likely swept Minny.

It’s funny how Wings fans forget that the hatred started when Kozlov sucker-punched Adam Foote’s face into the glass, opening up a huge cut. Then Lemieux was suspended for his sucker punch on Koslov and Koslov was not. Brian Burke is the reason for the hatred

Well there was never a Koslov on the Red Wings. So maybe thats why Burke didnt suspend any Red Wings players.

i just read that Theodore was the 1st star in 3 out of the 6 Avs wins.

you guys still want Colorado now?

Yes. Less travel.

Id have expected Hasek to post ridiculous numbers against Minnesota. Even Brian Rolston and Pavol Demitra came out and publicly said that the Wild offense was having chemistry issues at DIFFERENT points in the year. They were doomed from the start. Frankly Im surprised Colorado didnt finish them off sooner.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Re: Theodore. I have a hard time getting worried about a goaltender who shut down the 18th-best offensive team in the league. He did great against Minnesota, but he had to; the Avs gave up over 6 more shots per game than Minny got during the regular season (33.3 SPG) - that's fourth best in the playoffs so far, and would have been 2nd best overall in the regular season. If the Avs' defense really is that porous, then bring 'em on, I say. Can Theodore stand up to it if the Wings bring their shot-happy attack through that kind of defense?

Guest CaliWingsNut

The Calgary\SJS game is currently 2 - 5 in the second period.

So what are thoughts about the infamous Avalanche?

Edited by CaliWingsNut