• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gowingsgo

I want the Avs

Rate this topic

Colorado instead of Calgary?

YES PLEASE. :thumbup:

I have visions of shutouts by Kipper. Theodore doesn't scare me as much.

Thats exactly what the Wild said.

I'd love to see another Avs - Wings series but I'm pulling for Calgary to beat the Sharks because we've had the Stars number in the playoffs the last few years and Detroit handed us our lunch in the regular season (although that was without Stastny, Smyth, Sakic, Forsberg, Foote and 2002 Theodore).

Thats exactly what the Wild said.

I'd love to see another Avs - Wings series but I'm pulling for Calgary to beat the Sharks because we've had the Stars number in the playoffs the last few years and Detroit handed us our lunch in the regular season (although that was without Stastny, Smyth, Sakic, Forsberg, Foote and 2002 Theodore).

Not to diminish Theodore or anything, but I will be more convinced he is playing well when he faces a real offensive team. The wild have been a choke machine in the playoffs, and their star players were practically invisible in the series.

I do agree though that if we face the Avs next round, they are a completely different beast than who we played in the regular season.

I want to play the Avs, but I'd like to see us renew the old rivalry with both of us going for the conference championship (and shot to play in the Stanley Cup finals). I'm just glad to get the first series win out of the way so we can go ahead and start concentrating on winning twelve more games in these playoffs without having to worry about people saying how we are the same old wings losing in the first round.....

I want to play the Avs at some point because the last game we played them in the regular season was fun to watch with the coaches yelling at each other like the old days (and us getting angry because that was the game Lidstrom was injured).....so I think a playoff matchup between these two teams would be what the rivalry needs to get things heated back up....but I think it'd be more dramatic to have our first playoff series with the Avs since 2002 (has it been 6 years?) in the conference finals instead of the conference semifinals......but that's just me.

Go Wings!

i want to play Colorado too...

not because of our matchup though, i REALLY want to play San Jose in the conference finals so we can FINALLY stick it to that f***tard Melrose

The divealanche would be crazy to want to play us, since they don't match up well against us, they can't beat us in their own building, and they're coached by Joel Quenneville, who couldn't beat us if the life of his family depended on it.

Honestly, though, other than the Wings, the divealanche are in my opinion the best team in the West right now even over San Jose. It all comes down to matchups, and I think we match up better with the divealanche than we do against either the Sharks or the Flames.

I'd perfer the Avs because we owned them during the regular season, plus it's a little less to travel for the boys. Either way we'll come up on top. I just don't want to see Iginla's ugly face and cheap shots again. <_<

Kipper looks like he's starting to be the "hot goalie" again which scares the hell out of me!

However, wishing to play one team could be the kiss of death. I think we do have a better chance playing Colorado, but it could be anyone's game when playoffs are on.

My hate has diminished over the years, particularly after LePeux and Paddy Wah left. Lapariere taking Lidstrom out rekindled some hate, need to go back and watch the 97 game to get the blood boiling!