• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

Norris Trophy Finalists

Rate this topic

Lidstrom wins. No way Chara gets it and Phaneuf only stands a chance if Calgary wins the Cup. And even then it's not a given.

Voting will be done before the Cup finals if they are not handed in already.

Voting will be done before the Cup finals if they are not handed in already.

Voting is already complete, playoffs have nothing to do with the voting.

In fact, Chara, Lidstrom and Phaneuf are simply the top 3 vote getters. It's not like they are the ones nominated and then you vote. The vote already happened, the votes were added up and these were the top 3. Someone or multiple people already know the winner.

Voting is already complete, playoffs have nothing to do with the voting.

In fact, Chara, Lidstrom and Phaneuf are simply the top 3 vote getters. It's not like they are the ones nominated and then you vote. The vote already happened, the votes were added up and these were the top 3. Someone or multiple people already know the winner.

I thought that was the case, but until I researched it I didn't want to post it as a fact if I was wrong!

That's where the ceremony is, as well as the people who would have voted for someone else.

So this would mean you are heading to Toronto with your rifle for the event, not knowing who had won at that point. If you wait until after finding out, then you've missed the boat. :P

Chara:

G A P +/-

17 34 51 14

Phaneuf:

G A P +/-

17 43 60 12

Lidstrom:

G A P +/-

10 60 70 40

Look at that +/- ... could it be any more obvious?

To piggy back on your thought:

LOOK AT ALL THE STATS!!!!!

Could it be anymore obvious!!!!

But if you read the article you will notice that Lids is a little bit longer section than the rest of them!!

Chara:

G A P +/-

17 34 51 14

Phaneuf:

G A P +/-

17 43 60 12

Lidstrom:

G A P +/-

10 60 70 40

Look at that +/- ... could it be any more obvious?

Exactly - to me there is no contest. Most points, best plus/minus, and on the team that gave up the least goals.

So this would mean you are heading to Toronto with your rifle for the event, not knowing who had won at that point. If you wait until after finding out, then you've missed the boat. :P

Well, I'm sure Bettman will still be there. I can always blame it on him. :D

Ok. Because I am a huge homer, I will just point out a few things about Phaneuf. He had more goals than lidstrom, which is a big number for defenceman. Calgary plays in a much tougher division. Calgary scored 226 goals while the wings 252. Phaneuf also has a much more dominate physical play, although it is easily arguable the lidstrom is better defensively.

But I still think lidstrom wins by a landslide.

I think they should just get rid of the trophy until Lids retires seeing as how he always wins it...or just re-name it to the Lidstrom trophy.

And by that time Kronwall will take over winning it every year!

Ok. Because I am a huge homer, I will just point out a few things about Phaneuf. He had more goals than lidstrom, which is a big number for defenceman. Calgary plays in a much tougher division. Calgary scored 226 goals while the wings 252. Phaneuf also has a much more dominate physical play, although it is easily arguable the lidstrom is better defensively.

But I still think lidstrom wins by a landslide.

Yeah, but he got beat up by Lilja, which does skew the voting against him somewhat. :D