• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miksteri

Kolzig

Rate this topic

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

WASHINGTON POST: Tarik El-Bashir reports it's possible that Cristobal Huet, an unrestricted free agent this summer, may have played his final game with the Capitals, but there's no question as to Olaf Kolzig's future, as he removed the name plate from his locker stall and declined to speak to reporters.

Would he sign with Wings? or would Holland even consider him?

But i'm happy with Osgood & Howard combo for nxt season.

Al, does this mean if Kozlig doesn't comeback they will attempt to bring up Neuvirth? or is he still a while out? I know he is having some undisclosed surgery today that he is not able to tell me...

If Huet AND Kolzig leaves, Im calling the Caps to win the Theodore sweepstakes. The caps have a ton of raw talent on their roster everywhere except goal. I expect Neuvrith to be great, but not yet. The caps could really be a legit threat with a seasoned Semin, Fleischmann, Green, Ovechkin, Morisson, Backstrom and Theo backing them up, with the way hes been playing. Im not so sure the Avs are gonna be able to afford Theo, as their cap sits at 49M as of now, and theyve got the likes of Sakic, Forsberg, Liles, Foote, Sauer, Wolski, Brunette and Finger to re-sign. Granted Sakic and Foote will make less if they are re-signed, but everyone else is in for a modest raise at the least. Plus you know Theo is going to test the market now that hes had a comeback year..

If Huet AND Kolzig leaves, Im calling the Caps to win the Theodore sweepstakes. The caps have a ton of raw talent on their roster everywhere except goal. I expect Neuvrith to be great, but not yet. The caps could really be a legit threat with a seasoned Semin, Fleischmann, Green, Ovechkin, Morisson, Backstrom and Theo backing them up, with the way hes been playing. Im not so sure the Avs are gonna be able to afford Theo, as their cap sits at 49M as of now, and theyve got the likes of Sakic, Forsberg, Liles, Foote, Sauer, Wolski, Brunette and Finger to re-sign. Granted Sakic and Foote will make less if they are re-signed, but everyone else is in for a modest raise at the least. Plus you know Theo is going to test the market now that hes had a comeback year..

Jose should be so happy that he's considered "sweepstakes". :lol:

If Huet walks, Theodore to Washington makes a ton of sense.

Yes, every free agent wants to come here and Ken Holland wants to sign them, just for the record. No need for new posts because it's now official.

And next year is Osgood/Howard. I'd rather have Osgood/Hasek again then blow a lot of money on a goalie when we've got a guy like Osgood at the price we do. I mean, seriously, find a better goalie at even close to his price tag and get back to me. That should be more than enough of a reason even for the haters to be cool with it. We've got such a solid D as is that doesn't give up a lot of shots or chances and I think Osgood/Howard (and even Hasek cheap though it won't happen) is a better option. Put more money in the offense and another solid D-man and be content with the fact that you've got the league leader in GAA this year still around and one of the top guys in Sv.% as well.

You forgot the part where they're also willing to sign for less.

And you forgot that every player in the nhl wants to play for the almighty leafs!!!

And i forgot the followup question to my original post, expect Olie to sign somewhere else or will he resign?

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

WASHINGTON POST: Tarik El-Bashir reports it's possible that Cristobal Huet, an unrestricted free agent this summer, may have played his final game with the Capitals, but there's no question as to Olaf Kolzig's future, as he removed the name plate from his locker stall and declined to speak to reporters.

Would he sign with Wings? or would Holland even consider him?

But i'm happy with Osgood & Howard combo for nxt season.

I hope we don't sign him. We don't need him. Ozzie and Howard will be great next year.

I am not surprised by this, the team basically told him they didn't believe in him. Why on earth would he stay.

I will be very surprised if they don't sign Huet.

Why does everyone think Miller will be moved this off season when his value to the Sabres is at its lowest.

If Buffalo is going to get rid of him you can bet it will be around the trade deadline when Miller's value is the highest! Or maybe they will be in the hunt next year and keep him until the post season.

But unless Buffalo can get a big name netminder they will have a very, very hard time selling tickets, with no netminder this team is worse than they are this year, yet he has shown the ability to carry an offense only team last season, all the way to the best record in the NHL.

If the Sabres trade him before the season they are committing suicide, tix sales will be way down, same with Jersey sales, they will not have a big name on the team at all. They need to keep him this year and if they can grab a UFA stud forward a decent UFA d-man they have a shot at the playoffs, with Miller. Without the season is lost, unless they can sign a UFA netminder.

But who is out there for them, an old and abandoned Kolzig, Huet, Theodore, and ????

Col, Was, Stl, Tor, Tbl, amongst others will be in the hunt for those names as well.

Sorry for the hijack!!!

And you forgot that every player in the nhl wants to play for the almighty leafs!!!

And i forgot the followup question to my original post, expect Olie to sign somewhere else or will he resign?

Yeah, because I really believe that every player wants to play for the Leafs.

As for Kolzig, I think he'll probably sign with Tampa Bay.

But who is out there for them, an old and abandoned Kolzig, Huet, Theodore, and ????

Col, Was, Stl, Tor, Tbl, amongst others will be in the hunt for those names as well.

Sorry for the hijack!!!

The Leafs have Toskala, they have no need to sign a goalie.

Yeah, because I really believe that every player wants to play for the Leafs.

As for Kolzig, I think he'll probably sign with Tampa Bay.

The Leafs have Toskala, they have no need to sign a goalie.

Good point forgot about that!!! And I left Boston off of that list, Fernandez and Thomas don't have the stuff to be an true #1! Opinion though!

holy Christ, why did I know the very first idea to come up in this thread would

be to get Kolzig?

can we finally lay to death all those "bright" ideas of shopping for aged players

way past their primes but with big payroll demand? thank you

no to Kolzig. keep Oz as starter but give some good minutes to Jimmy Howard.

if this doesn't work shop for good goalie at trade deadline.

I honestly don't want to see another Ranford, "Regret" Wregget, Essensa, etc.

this simply doesn't work

Getting Kolzig would be the most pointless deal ever, Howard will probably be better than Kolzig next year. Howard/Osgood tandem will be fine, pending on Hasek's decision of course.

I think Kolzig would just retire, he would not be able to earn a starting role on any NHL team, and even if he did, he will never win the cup as a starter at this point in his career. He should just retire, he has a Vezina under his belt, and even earned it when Hasek, Brodeur, and Roy were in their better years... Not alot of tenders can say that.

Kolzig may sign with a team like Blues, Kings or Tampa where there's always shortage on bodies

in net ( see: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0000402008.html

or http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0000362003.html :D )

he could teach some youngster to develop in dependable minders and then get back to Caps

as goalie consultant or scout

Edited by akustyk

Geez, Wings and the desire to have Goalies that are old enough to be my parents. Ain't right man, Jimmy/Ozzi combo is solid, good and perfect. I mean, no offence to Oli the Goalie, but move on, get traded. Tampa is calling your name...

Correct me If I'm wrong, but If I remember correctly, hasn't kolzig rejected moves from D.C. before because he doesn't want to uproot his family, especially his autistic son? If so, I'm guessing that he just retires.