• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:31 AM

I am trying to find a free downloadable software that lets you take frame by frame screencaps of videos, either from files on your computer or DVD's. I have tried a few and it either tells me it is saving, but really doesnt save the image just white nothingness. Or they dont have a function to go frame by frame and you have to hit play/pause as fast as you can, and that doesnt work. If anyone knows of any programs I would greatly appreciate it

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#2 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

Your computer should have windows movie maker?

If so if you import a video into there, the little movie player on the right hand side has buttons for moving forwards or backwards frame by frame and theres a button to take a still image of the frame so I think that should all work.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#3 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

I normally have nothing but trouble with Windows Movie Maker. But actually about an hour after I made this thread, someone on another site I am on had an answer. You can actually do it right in ImageReady as long as the file is a .mov extention. So as soon as I converted it to that it was actually really easy. Talk about it all being right in front of me the whole time. blush.gif

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#4 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (wingnut22 @ April 24, 2008 - 07:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I normally have nothing but trouble with Windows Movie Maker. But actually about an hour after I made this thread, someone on another site I am on had an answer. You can actually do it right in ImageReady as long as the file is a .mov extention. So as soon as I converted it to that it was actually really easy. Talk about it all being right in front of me the whole time. blush.gif

*non hitting-on hug*

Also if your trying to make a gif image Super convertor by eRight or summit will convert any size video into a gif

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#5 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (uk_redwing @ April 24, 2008 - 03:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*non hitting-on hug*

Also if your trying to make a gif image Super convertor by eRight or summit will convert any size video into a gif

*non hitting-on hug back* laugh.gif I posted the one that I finished in PEYL (post everytime you look) Elsupacabra gave me a site that can convert my .mpeg's into .mov's and as soon as they are .mov's I can just open it in ImageReady and it asks what part I want to use and splits it into all the frames for me thumbup.gif

Edited by wingnut22, 24 April 2008 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image

#6 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:29 PM

http://www.youconvertit.com/

Dont know whether thats any use, love that site.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#7 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

yeah that site looks a lot like the one Shup sent me to http://media-convert.com/ I will for sure have to keep both in mind because I plan on improving my skilllllllz haha

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users