• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bestkeeper_14

Respect for the Red Wings and their fans

Rate this topic

Ok so I tried being civilized durimg the Minny thread and got ripped for being soft and not knowing my hockey but I can asure I do! And what I have to say is I have a deep respect for Red Wings and hockey town. I am very excited to see the best hockey in the NHL, and glad that I can share this hockey with friends and roommates who have never witnessed hockey like the Avs and Red Wings bring. Also I would like to say for the most part that Red Wing fans are smart (way smarter then those Minny fans who are just ignorant homers) and most of the Wing fans that have come to our boards are very hockey smart and respectful. I just want to be able to enjoy smart hockey conversations, and I feel that in this series we all can enjoy this.

Now for my take on this series...

You guys have one of the best Defense man of all time, not the best, but one of the best!! Your D is your advantage with out a doubt.

Our offense was starting to click at the end of the season, and continued in the Minny series....

Now I know no one here likes Foppa, because he dives, which i agree with sometimes, but you can't deny that he was one of the best players in the game... and bad news for Wings fans is that in game 6 he started to play like Forsberg of old, no joke, none of the highlights show it but he hit the post twice on amazing plays where he did all the work. I hope he can keep that play he showed, and if so our offense will have a huge boost. Oh and by the way, everyone argues that Smyth sucks, but he was one of our best players in round 1, not just on the scoreboard but because of how hard he played every time on the ice.

Our defense is so-so, couple of weak spots like Sauer and Finger.. but Foote and Salei have been playing well, but like I started off with you guys have the advantage.

As for goaltending... well this is the question, we both have capable goalies that when they play there best can blank any team... so this one I consider a push, and we will have to see... Even though everyone here says that Theo is inconsistent, needs to look at the last 37 games of the regular season and the series against Minny..

Quote-"But in his past 37 regular-season starts, Theodore went 21-13-2, with a 2.24 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage. Then, against the Minnesota Wild in the first round of the playoffs, he took it to yet another level, stealing the pivotal Game 5 of the six-game series and finishing with a 1.88 goals-against average and a .940 save percentage."

So it will be interested in seeing this series play out because I believe we are pretty even currently at this point... this series will be an amzaing series of pure hockey, the way the game was supposed to be played. Physical yet full of finesse and scoring...

So to end this I would like to say... LETS PLAY HOCKEY!!

Oh yea and... LETS GO AVS! ;)

Ok so I tried being civilized durimg the Minny thread and got ripped for being soft and not knowing my hockey but I can asure I do! And what I have to say is I have a deep respect for Red Wings and hockey town. I am very excited to see the best hockey in the NHL, and glad that I can share this hockey with friends and roommates who have never witnessed hockey like the Avs and Red Wings bring. Also I would like to say for the most part that Red Wing fans are smart (way smarter then those Minny fans who are just ignorant homers) and most of the Wing fans that have come to our boards are very hockey smart and respectful. I just want to be able to enjoy smart hockey conversations, and I feel that in this series we all can enjoy this.

You guys have one of the best Defense man of all time, not the best, but one of the best!! Your D is your advantage with out a doubt.

Our offense was starting to click at the end of the season, and continued in the Minny series....

Now I know no one here likes Foppa, because he dives, which i agree with sometimes, but you can't deny that he was one of the best players in the game... and bad news for Wings fans is that in game 6 he started to play like Forsberg of old, no joke, none of the highlights show it but he hit the post twice on amazing plays where he did all the work. I hope he can keep that play he showed, and if so our offense will have a huge boost. Oh and by the way, everyone argues that Smyth sucks, but he was one of our best players in round 1, not just on the scoreboard but because of how hard he played every time on the ice.

Our defense is so-so, couple of weak spots like Sauer and Finger.. but Foote and Salei have been playing well, but like I started off with you guys have the advantage.

As for goaltending... well this is the question, we both have capable goalies that when they play there best can blank any team... so this one I consider a push, and we will have to see... Even though everyone here says that Theo is inconsistent, needs to look at the last 37 games of the regular season and the series against Minny..

Quote-"But in his past 37 regular-season starts, Theodore went 21-13-2, with a 2.24 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage. Then, against the Minnesota Wild in the first round of the playoffs, he took it to yet another level, stealing the pivotal Game 5 of the six-game series and finishing with a 1.88 goals-against average and a .940 save percentage."

So it will be interested in seeing this series play out because I believe we are pretty even currently at this point... this series will be an amzaing series of pure hockey, the way the game was supposed to be played. Physical yet full of finesse and scoring...

Thank you for the civility. Maybe some people don't appreciate it but I do.

Stay healthy, but I'm not going to wish you luck to win. Can't go that far. ;) GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the civility. Maybe some people don't appreciate it but I do.

Stay healthy, but I'm not going to wish you luck to win. Can't go that far. ;) GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thanks, the Wild fans are the ones that are uncivilized!! But yea, I can't wait to enjoy this series!

This is why i love playoff hockey! For the most part we get guys on these boards that come from other team affliliations that are smart and love hockey. This is what i love to see! I love being able to talk to these people, because i love hockey almost as much as i love the wings, and to be able to talk about it with other teams fans is great.

Now with that said, lets get down to the post! I watched every game of the Minny Avs series and i have to say that the Avs had the upper hand the entire time in my book. To be honest i think that Sakic was the most productive player that the avs had, and he really kept his team in most of those games. But sakic has always been a player like that. As for FLOPPA.....as much as i hate to say it, i have to agree with you on him. The guy has played well pretty much every playoff game. he has given the Avs quite a push as well, and i did see on more than one ocassion where he did look like the Floppa of old. If he plays that way against detroit i feel that it will be an awesome series. Now as for Smyth. If there are people out there that think this guy sucks....well then they are crazy. If the're are wings fans that are out there that think he sucks, they are eeven more crazy. This guy plays the same game that Homer does, and is just as productive. Not to mention the boy can play a very gritty game. I wanted him at the trade deadline the last few years in a row. As much as i hated him in the Oilers jersey, i cant help but imagine waht he would look like in a wings one.....oh dreams! Anyways, hes always been a great player, and although he hasnt put up his usual playoff numbers yet doesnt mean he wont!

As for defense, i do agree that we have the advantage there. At the same time, against the preds our defense was our biggest weakness in our 2 losses. We let our poor defense beat ourselves. If we can sttay strong at the point the whole series, well than this is going to be a pretty damn good series.

As for goaltending.....jose was nothing short of perfect in the first round, and he kept his team in the game and gav them a little spark. But like you were saying, his consistency hasnt always been great. Im praying that his first round was a fluke and hegoes back to old inconsistent self this series. haha. With that said, Ozzie and Hasek have both had their fair shares of inconsistency. Ozzie didnt look good going into or coming out of hte allstar break this year, but other than a few games like that he has looked great. And he looked stellar against hte preds. Im hoping he brings that same game to the Avs. Ozzie always seems to play his best gamess when he is having fun. I think a series against the avs is exactly what a this guy needs to keep morale up. An old Rivalry like this will make ozzie feel like a kid again and be all smiles hopefully! Im hoping this series sparks alot of these older guys.

Anyways. Its going to be a great series, and we'd appreciate it if you stuck around after the series regarless of the outcome. Its refreshing to talk to other fans who are smart.

Cheers :beerbuddy:

I cannot wait for the series to begin and I also will be in the Joe for Game 2.

Couple points to the series and some questions that maybe you can help me with.

I was wondering about Colorado's D...do they have any puck moving defensemen? Almost any of the Wings D can bring up a rush with argueably the best in Lidstrom.

How's Salei doing? I dunno much about him except on deadline day an analyst joked that the trade would have been announced earlier but Salei and (whoever he was traded for) took forever to skate off the ice. I've heard elsewhere that Salei isn't much of an improvement over who they traded.

Goalies are a push for now, Hasek has showed he might not have it and Osgood and Theodore have showed they do...for now.

I've heard a lot about how in the regular season the Wings played the Avs when they had all the injuries, but the last game a 4-0 Wings win, was in the midst of the Wings worst losing streak in 20 years somewhat because of injuries.

I know regular season has almost no bearing on the playoffs i.e. Montreal v Boston. But I think the Wings have shown they can handle the Avs. A lot of sites are saying Wings in seven, but I'll go with six.

Keys are:

Sakic & Forsberg v Datsyuk & Zetterberg: I think the younger legs have this one. I think both sides have enough experience for it not to be a factor. Wings

Lidstrom & Rafalski v Foote & Salei: Foote and Lidstrom are huge shutdown Dmen with different styles if they can catch Foote out of position, it will help their cause. Wings

Theodore v Osgood. Push

Statsny & Wolski v Hudler & Franzen. I am not a huge fan of the Wings secondary scoring and I don't know much about the Avs but i'd just guess they are better. Avs

This is why i love playoff hockey! For the most part we get guys on these boards that come from other team affliliations that are smart and love hockey. This is what i love to see! I love being able to talk to these people, because i love hockey almost as much as i love the wings, and to be able to talk about it with other teams fans is great.

Now with that said, lets get down to the post! I watched every game of the Minny Avs series and i have to say that the Avs had the upper hand the entire time in my book. To be honest i think that Sakic was the most productive player that the avs had, and he really kept his team in most of those games. But sakic has always been a player like that. As for FLOPPA.....as much as i hate to say it, i have to agree with you on him. The guy has played well pretty much every playoff game. he has given the Avs quite a push as well, and i did see on more than one ocassion where he did look like the Floppa of old. If he plays that way against detroit i feel that it will be an awesome series. Now as for Smyth. If there are people out there that think this guy sucks....well then they are crazy. If the're are wings fans that are out there that think he sucks, they are eeven more crazy. This guy plays the same game that Homer does, and is just as productive. Not to mention the boy can play a very gritty game. I wanted him at the trade deadline the last few years in a row. As much as i hated him in the Oilers jersey, i cant help but imagine waht he would look like in a wings one.....oh dreams! Anyways, hes always been a great player, and although he hasnt put up his usual playoff numbers yet doesnt mean he wont!

As for defense, i do agree that we have the advantage there. At the same time, against the preds our defense was our biggest weakness in our 2 losses. We let our poor defense beat ourselves. If we can sttay strong at the point the whole series, well than this is going to be a pretty damn good series.

As for goaltending.....jose was nothing short of perfect in the first round, and he kept his team in the game and gav them a little spark. But like you were saying, his consistency hasnt always been great. Im praying that his first round was a fluke and hegoes back to old inconsistent self this series. haha. With that said, Ozzie and Hasek have both had their fair shares of inconsistency. Ozzie didnt look good going into or coming out of hte allstar break this year, but other than a few games like that he has looked great. And he looked stellar against hte preds. Im hoping he brings that same game to the Avs. Ozzie always seems to play his best gamess when he is having fun. I think a series against the avs is exactly what a this guy needs to keep morale up. An old Rivalry like this will make ozzie feel like a kid again and be all smiles hopefully! Im hoping this series sparks alot of these older guys.

Anyways. Its going to be a great series, and we'd appreciate it if you stuck around after the series regarless of the outcome. Its refreshing to talk to other fans who are smart.

Cheers :beerbuddy:

I am so glad you feel that way, and you guys are way more respectful then the Wild already... this will be a great series for sure, and very exciting!! Lets play hockey!

I am so glad you feel that way, and you guys are way more respectful then the Wild already... this will be a great series for sure, and very exciting!! Lets play hockey!

I can't wait. I watched the entire Avs/Wild series and it was just amazing.

welcome, and i think you'll get along fine here just as long as you follow these 10 simple guidelines:

1. hasek can suck AND play amazingly all at the same time, it all depends on how the defense was playing.

2. every loss has something vaguely to do with mike babcock, ken holland, and the assassination of archduke francis ferdinand.

3. you understand that pierre mcguire is a royal douchelord. of course you do, let's move on.

4. players that have been on our team and pissed us off in the past (fedorov, et al) we want back ON our team years later. So, using this formula, once cut, lilja will return to the wings in 5-6 years to general fanfare only to haunt us once again.

5. the $#%@ wings lose just to $@%# with me, man! seriously! every $!@% year they pull this ^$#@!

6. red wings fans are paranoid.

7. after a decade of hating the avalanche, and slinging poo at all of their players, past and present, not one negative thing can ever be muttered about joe sakic. how he keeps his angel wings tucked neatly under all of that equipment is beyond us all.

8. bad mouthing steve yzerman is not recommended, just ask the guy next to you. what, there is no guy next to you? now you understand.

9. little known fact: ian laperriere's nose is the single-most visited attraction in pisa, italy.

10. forsberg could have two soggy potatoes for ankles and no spine to speak of and he still scares the *$@# out of every one of us. but screw him, he sucks.

Welcome to LGW! I really love it when other teams' fans come here to post and really talk hockey instead of flooding our other threads with crap :) I think you made a lot of valid points, especially about floppa. I agree he's been playing pretty good lately. I watched the entire series (Hell, I watched every series) and the Avs really dominated the Wild. I think it will really come down to Theo though to be honest. He's been really keeping the Avs focused and in it no matter what. If he flakes I don't think the Avs will be able to get up from it. That being said, if our D flakes again like it did for games 3 and 4, we'll go down like hot cakes I think (Don't ask about the reference...It sounded good when I typed it).

Again, Welcome! LETS GO WINGS!

Welcome, bestkeeper,

Its always good to have a different perspective, especially during a seven game series. With that said, please don't hold it against this site when things start to get pretty ridiculous and depressing after a Wings loss. I mean, after game four in Nashville, apparently we should have changed captains, replaced Holland, and submitted Zetterberg to a mental hospital. No joke (except maybe the last one). All in all, it should be a great series, and one hell of a tough loss for the Aves ;) .

Go Wings!

Aves Suck!

welcome, and i think you'll get along fine here just as long as you follow these 10 simple guidelines:

1. hasek can suck AND play amazingly all at the same time, it all depends on how the defense was playing.

2. every loss has something vaguely to do with mike babcock, ken holland, and the assassination of archduke francis ferdinand.

3. you understand that pierre mcguire is a royal douchelord. of course you do, let's move on.

4. players that have been on our team and pissed us off in the past (fedorov, et al) we want back ON our team years later. So, using this formula, once cut, lilja will return to the wings in 5-6 years to general fanfare only to haunt us once again.

5. the $#%@ wings lose just to $@%# with me, man! seriously! every $!@% year they pull this ^$#@!

7. after a decade of hating the avalanche, and slinging poo at all of their players, past and present, not one negative thing can ever be muttered about joe sakic. how he keeps his angel wings tucked neatly under all of that equipment is beyond us all.

8. bad mouthing steve yzerman is not recommended, just ask the guy next to you. what, there is no guy next to you? now you understand.

9. little known fact: ian laperriere's nose is the single-most visited attraction in pisa, italy.

10. forsberg could have two soggy potatoes for ankles and no spine to speak of and he still scares the *$@# out of every one of us. but screw him, he sucks.

:lol: that is great! Although #11 could be: (insert name) is lazy and he sucks.

I cannot wait for the series to begin and I also will be in the Joe for Game 2.

Couple points to the series and some questions that maybe you can help me with.

I was wondering about Colorado's D...do they have any puck moving defensemen? Almost any of the Wings D can bring up a rush with argueably the best in Lidstrom.

How's Salei doing? I dunno much about him except on deadline day an analyst joked that the trade would have been announced earlier but Salei and (whoever he was traded for) took forever to skate off the ice. I've heard elsewhere that Salei isn't much of an improvement over who they traded.

Goalies are a push for now, Hasek has showed he might not have it and Osgood and Theodore have showed they do...for now.

I've heard a lot about how in the regular season the Wings played the Avs when they had all the injuries, but the last game a 4-0 Wings win, was in the midst of the Wings worst losing streak in 20 years somewhat because of injuries.

I know regular season has almost no bearing on the playoffs i.e. Montreal v Boston. But I think the Wings have shown they can handle the Avs. A lot of sites are saying Wings in seven, but I'll go with six.

Keys are:

Sakic & Forsberg v Datsyuk & Zetterberg: I think the younger legs have this one. I think both sides have enough experience for it not to be a factor. Wings

Lidstrom & Rafalski v Foote & Salei: Foote and Lidstrom are huge shutdown Dmen with different styles if they can catch Foote out of position, it will help their cause. Wings

Theodore v Osgood. Push

Statsny & Wolski v Hudler & Franzen. I am not a huge fan of the Wings secondary scoring and I don't know much about the Avs but i'd just guess they are better. Avs

As an Av fan i would love to answer your questions

1.For puck moving D, Liles is probably our best, but isn't very good on the D side

2.Salei has been simply amazing, the steal of the trade deadline... he has been a two way player so far, contributing greatly on offense and defense. Much better then the guy we traded for him!!

3.during the regular season, when we played the wings, we never had all our players, we were missing sakic in the first, stastny Smyth, Sakic, second... and so on and so on. We never had them all. Plus we added Foppa, Foote, Salei too which they never played in the series this year.

One thing I know for sure, this will be either 6 games or 7 for sure... because both teams are playing well.. and I don't see any blow outs either... mostly will be one goal games. I say Avs in 7 :P Great series though and it will be exciting!!

I love your rules and will abide by them, both Sakic and Yzerman are gods of hockey, and therefore i would never talk bad about them!

One question that has come up on our boards which I have argued regulary and it was started by one of the more disrespecting wings fans on our boards, but do you gys think that hasek is a better overall hockey player then Sakic

his quote was "Hasek is the greatest current hockey player that is an automatic bid for the hall"

I said what about sakic really not trying to be a homer, and he said no they aren't even close, hasek wins..

What do some of you smart Wings fans think?

Well thanks, the Wild fans are the ones that are uncivilized!! But yea, I can't wait to enjoy this series!

Lol.

I can't wait either my friend!

I love your rules and will abide by them, both Sakic and Yzerman are gods of hockey, and therefore i would never talk bad about them!

One question that has come up on our boards which I have argued regulary and it was started by one of the more disrespecting wings fans on our boards, but do you gys think that hasek is a better overall hockey player then Sakic

his quote was "Hasek is the greatest current hockey player that is an automatic bid for the hall"

I said what about sakic really not trying to be a homer, and he said no they aren't even close, hasek wins..

What do some of you smart Wings fans think?

First of all, welcome to the boards. It gets pretty chaotic around here but if you have a good sense of humor it can be lots of fun. We love having respectable and knowledgable fans around, no matter who they cheer for. Enjoy your stay.

Second of all, I really don't think Sakic and Hasek can be compared. They both bring two very different things to the game. In their primes, they are both phenomenal players. Just can't be compared, that's all. It's an apples and oranges situation you've got going on.