• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lfd250

No Octopi Matter

Rate this topic

Can someone clearify that it's AL that get's fined? So lets say the other zamboni driver goes out there, spins the octipi does he get fined too? If not spin away.

Why stop there Mr. Bettman? Why not fine the players every time one of them scores a hat trick and all the fans throw their hats on the ice? Next time those damn fans throw hats on the ice fine the player and make him get out there and pick up all those hats by himself to teach him a lesson. Or lets start fining them every time they celebrate a goal? There is no room in this sport for show boating and getting the crowd all fired up. Here is a fantastic idea you should issue the line judges those QUIET signs the golf judges have because that is essentially what you want to turn this sport into golf on ice.

Why stop there Mr. Bettman? Why not fine the players every time one of them scores a hat trick and all the fans throw their hats on the ice? Next time those damn fans throw hats on the ice fine the player and make him get out there and pick up all those hats by himself to teach him a lesson. Or lets start fining them every time they celebrate a goal? There is no room in this sport for show boating and getting the crowd all fired up. Here is a fantastic idea you should issue the line judges those QUIET signs the golf judges have because that is essentially what you want to turn this sport into golf on ice.

lmao well said my friend. this topic infuriates me to no end. was that video of Al swirling the octopus after the national anthem before bettman "cracked down on the matter"?

When you boil an octopus there will be no matter. The octopus gets rubbery. It is very easy to pick up off the ice.

However, a raw octopus will have slime that might fling off when you swing it around in the air. Raw octopi are very difficult to get off the ice. You probably wouldn't want to touch it either because you'll never get the smell off your hand. That is where the shovel and scraper come in.

If Al swings a raw octopus over his head, slime will probably fling off and onto the ice.

BUT!!!! before you crucify me; If it wasn't a problem for 55 years, why is it a problem now? Octopus "matter" doesn't hurt anything. Al shouldn't be fined for it.

Oh right...because Burkie doesn't have to worry about the Preds.

Right now he doesn't have to worry about any team. (Well maybe the team that they are golfing with!) Haha

When you boil an octopus there will be no matter. The octopus gets rubbery. It is very easy to pick up off the ice.

However, a raw octopus will have slime that might fling off when you swing it around in the air. Raw octopi are very difficult to get off the ice. You probably wouldn't want to touch it either because you'll never get the smell off your hand. That is where the shovel and scraper come in.

If Al swings a raw octopus over his head, slime will probably fling off and onto the ice.

BUT!!!! before you crucify me; If it wasn't a problem for 55 years, why is it a problem now? Octopus "matter" doesn't hurt anything. Al shouldn't be fined for it.

That is just for the weak!

I hope from here on out every 'pus that is heaved onto the ice is raw and nasty... and the refs are made to pick 'em up while Al looks on with his arms folded GRINNING from ear to ear!!! That stance won't change until i am one of the poor unfortuante souls that has to sit by the guy/girl that has one on their persons!

BUCK FETTMAN!

That is a sweet article, I mean if they are so worried about matter flying off the octopus, what about the spit and blood from the players? Isn't that like way worse for you than matter from an octopus? Dam you Bettman and Brian Burke! See Burke complains about the octopus to his lover Bettmen and where are the ducks? It's a curse hehe!!

Hell, this smacks of an episode of "Mythbusters". Bettman, are you paying attention???

SAVE THE OCTOPUS - THROW BETTMAN

Didn't Big & Rich do this song? :scared::rolleyes:

What they should be worried about is the vomit matter coming out of Taydores mouth... Playing when you are physically ill... get real!!

Can you do it again tomorrow Taydore? please?