• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
11iscoming

on the same page?

Rate this topic

is it just me, or is the press trying to write the wings-avs series more even than it really is after the impressions of game one?

in my opinion the wings were the much better team last night. the only reasons the game was this close at the end, were (1) ozzy letting one maybe two in he would stop in 8 out of ten nights and (2) letting up on the wings side after they got the 4-1 lead. otherwise it wasn´t nearly as close as writers are trying to make us believe. i would say it is more the way the commentator on tsn said after the 4-1 by franzen.....the avs can´t keep up with the wings speed and skill.

even if you put forsberg back into the lineup....you put stuart back in instead of lilja.....and it is still pretty much the same.

i think if the wings keep playing poised for at least 50 mins a game, the avs won´t have a real chance to win the series.

your thoughts? am i completly wrong on that?

btw everybody wanted a big power forward who is banging and scoring....i guess franzen heard the call.....at the moment he is as good as it gets.

is it just me, or is the press trying to write the wings-avs series more even than it really is after the impressions of game one?

in my opinion the wings were the much better team last night. the only reasons the game was this close at the end, were (1) ozzy letting one maybe two in he would stop in 8 out of ten nights and (2) letting up on the wings side after they got the 4-1 lead. otherwise it wasn´t nearly as close as writers are trying to make us believe. i would say it is more the way the commentator on tsn said after the 4-1 by franzen.....the avs can´t keep up with the wings speed and skill.

even if you put forsberg back into the lineup....you put stuart back in instead of lilja.....and it is still pretty much the same.

i think if the wings keep playing poised for at least 50 mins a game, the avs won´t have a real chance to win the series.

btw everybody wanted a big power forward who is banging and scoring....i guess franzen heard the call.....at the moment he is as good as it gets.

I agree with pretty much everything you said except for maybe the playing poised for 50 minutes part. A lot can happen in ten minutes, this is hockey, a lot can happen in five minutes. I think Babs said it best in his press conference today "You have to play all 60 minutes of the game."

I agree with pretty much everything you said except for maybe the playing poised for 50 minutes part. A lot can happen in ten minutes, this is hockey, a lot can happen in five minutes. I think Babs said it best in his press conference today "You have to play all 60 minutes of the game."

A lot can happen in 1 remember Nashville...

1st period - Wings

2nd period - Avs

3rd period - draw

Yes when Stuart comes back , he's in the lineup. But why do you assume they put Lebda in, because he was garbage last night, as he has been most of this season. He wasn't alone as Chelios looked terrible as well.

Edited by 2probert4

Yes when Stuart comes back , he's in the lineup. But why do you assume they put Lebda in, because he was garbage last night, as he has been most of this season. He wasn't alone as Chelios looked terrible as well.

you are right. chelios had a real bad day. lebda played like always, not good but i thought he didn´t make to much mistakes also. i assumed lilja would sit, because he is prone to those stupid penalties (as shown last night).....and you don´t want to have the avs on the powerplay to much....that could be the moments that negate the wings domination the rest of the game in a few minutes and suddenly they are back in it.

btw i also would prefer the wings to play the full 60 minutes poised, i know that a lot can happen in 10 mins, hell even in a few seconds...lets say 9 ;) , i just wanted to express how dominant the wings were in my opinion.

Edited by 11iscoming

With a healthy line-up these teams are equal

Last night Theodore was almost puking in his mask while he was playing

They lost one of their top line forwards 4 minutes in (Wolski) and had to play with 11 forwards the rest of the game.

Hannan (of of their top Shut Down D men) played limited minutes due to an injury.

Forsberg one of their top playmakers was out.

With all these factors they still came back and probably should have sent the game into OT in the last 8 seconds of the game, except Ozzie made a beast save, and Liles didn't place the shot perfectly.

They lost one of their top line forwards 4 minutes in (Wolski) and had to play with 11 forwards the rest of the game.

Hannan (of of their top Shut Down D men) played limited minutes due to an injury.

With all these factors they still came back and probably should have sent the game into OT in the last 8 seconds of the game, except Ozzie made a beast save, and Liles didn't place the shot perfectly.

yea, and if we would've capitalized on our other 10 great scoring chances you wouldn't have stood a chance.

you really can't use the 'should've, would've and could've's. the game turned out how it turned out, we're not here to argue "if someone would've scored the game would've went to overtime or this game would've been a blow out".

Although I agree that Forsberg isn't the player he once was... I still think he brings much more to his team than Stuart to us. I don't think very highly of Stuart at all. I really don't understand why everyone thinks he's so good.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Injuries are part of the game since the CBA... you have to roll with what you got.

Ozzie's last save wasn't a beast either... it hit him right straight on and ended up hugging his knees on the ice. AV's players want to make it out like ozzy did a backwords triple lutz in the air catching the puck stick side with his glove. Just because the announcer is having an orgasm on the mic, doesn't mean it's good hockey.

Guest MrSandMan

You have to take into account that our Holmstrom is still cold... only playing like 9 games after a long time off. Our gritty and defensive forward Malts isn't back yet. Our Happy hitter, Stuart was out and Chelios, Sammy, Lebda, Lilja, didn't bring their "A" game. Filpula hasn't stepped up yet and Cleary is just starting to show signs of coming back into game form since breaking his jaw and being on a liquid diet for a long time.

Lastly, I think Theo "sickness" is an excuse from the coaching staff to prevent the Red Wings getting into the Avs head. He might of had a bad night, but I really doubt he's sick. I think Detroit proved that Theo is an overrated goaltender.

Where did you get this information that he was throwing up in his helmet? I think you just made that up.

Our speed is superior to theirs, they had trouble with us skating up and down the ice in the 1st period. Their secondary scoring is better than ours, but we did do a good job against the Sakic line. Budaj is not the second coming of Ellis, the Wings have worn him out before. Our defense corps is superior to theirs, with the exception of Lebda / Lilja. Lebda did make mistakes last night, he was basically non existant in the offensive game and didn't do well when they were cycling the puck down low against us. I'll be glad when they put Ericsson / Quincey into the lineup and this guy is long gone.

On paper, when healthy, these teams aren't even close. But luckily for the Avs hockey isn't played on paper, it's played inside your TV.

I said it in another post, if the Avs need to rely on an oft injured person in Forsberg, when he is out it does not make the Wings look bad because they built a team of good, overall healthy players. If anything it makes the Avs look worse because that is what the playoffs are all about, when a guy goes down the teams that win have other players that step up. If the Avs do not get that, they do not win in the playoffs, period. This is NOT a fault on the Wings.

Maybe Theodore was sick, but the pressure and chances put on him by the Wings even Roy would've had a hard time stopping. I would venture to say the only "soft" goal was the second one given up by Ozzie, so maybe that means Ozzie was sick.

Everyone wants to make an excuses for the Avs, thats fine, I just watched the NHL network on NHL.com and as they showed the four Wings goals they talked about how Theodore didn't look right, wasn't seeing the puck as well, wasn't playing like he did against Minny. They didn't break down any of the offensive plays the Wings set up they gave zero credit to the Wings. They ended by saying something along the lines, Wings hold on only by 4-3 and the Avs didn't even have Forsberg or Wolski. No respect. I guarantee you the only people in the world right now that know why Detroit won that game is the Avs. Because they wouldn't make the excuses that everyone else is. They know the Wings won it, not the Avs lost it. Because they are professional athletes, if they truly believe all this media hype, then this series is over because they won't change anything once they get a healthy Forsberg and Theodore and that will be a disaster.