• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
webwing91

I'm slightly dissappointed

Rate this topic

While I love that the Wings are winning, and by a lot, I am really dissappointed with the Avs. This game was a bit of an opportunity for the NHL. I'd say the series has been hyped a lot, I mean even the sports page at my university had a section on the series, which completely shocked me (I go to Arizona State). And I've heard plenty of people this last week talk about the fact that the Avs and Wings were going to play (once again, in Arizona). And a lot of casual fans that the NHL may have lost w/ the lockout possibly tuned in when they heard that Colorado and Detroit were playing again. After all this is a Saturday game on NBC. The only series that would have been more hyped is Ovechkin vs. Crosby. While I was hoping for a Wings win, I sort of wanted this one to be a really intense, hard hitting, exciting game. Just so more people could see how exciting hockey really is. And the Avs came out and rolled over... combine that with the two idiots at NBC Pierre Mcguire and Mike Milbury, and this game was not as big and awesome as hoped. Oh well... Go Wings!

the series is NO WAY NEAR over yet...

we've lost series before after being 2-0 up (LA in 2001) ...

sucks to be Melrose though...after saying Theodore was the best goaltender left in the Po's he's only gone and let in 8 goals and been pulled twice

the series is NO WAY NEAR over yet...

we've lost series before after being 2-0 up (LA in 2001) ...

sucks to be Melrose though...after saying Theodore was the best goaltender left in the Po's he's only gone and let in 8 goals and been pulled twice

No no, I agree completely. I'm not even talking about the series. Just this game. Simply because it's saturday on NBC. On the plus side, I think we're probably picking up a lot of Wings fans, since we've won every game that's been on NBC.

Guest Crymson

Some people will always find things to complain about.

It's too hard. We can't win this series. I don't think the players have what it takes.

We're winning easily. The guys are playing great. This series is too easy. I'm disappointed.

Sigh.

6 goals and a fight is in no way a loss for the league on NBC. One of their premier teams won, against their (reputed) biggest rival, scoring was high and fists were thrown. I'd say NBC has to be happy with this one, as should the NHL be.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but ya can't please all of the people all of the time!!"

I thought it was a very good hockey game, the Av's weren't all that good but we really put on a skating, passing, shooting, scoring clinic. I would think that someone watching hockey for the first time could have learned alot about the game from watching. There wasn't alot of hitting by either team, I mean the Av's can't hit what they can't catch!! There was a decent fight also. What can I say though, people find something to complain about around here even after a convincing win and a 2-0 lead in the series!!

I said before the series, Colorado are a poor-mans Detroit, ie they are a skill-based team as opposed to the likes of SJ, Anaheim, Calgary who are more physical and defensive.

There is no other team in the league with as much skill on all 4 lines and all 3 D-pairings and as such I predicted wings in 5, and I stand by that (although a you-know-what would be nice)

The more hard-fought and tighter series would be better for the league, but you know what would be even better? The Wings in the finals!!

In conclusion; short series good, long series not as good.

Guest drwings1

why the f*** are you disappointed?? they are practically the same team coming out of minnesota, and our wings dominated. its not like they let up to play the wings, we just played harder. this is a stupid thread

Guest drwings1
I don't even know what to say. This is just ridiculous.

i know right? damned if we win, damned if we dont?

Some people will always find things to complain about.

It's too hard. We can't win this series. I don't think the players have what it takes.

We're winning easily. The guys are playing great. This series is too easy. I'm disappointed.

Sigh.

Haha yea very true. I will take this game every single time we play in the playoffs! Better yet I hope every game is like Game 7 of the WCF in 2002! Ratings Schmatings... This game is not gonna catch on know matter what Bettman does. I just miss the old NHL where when it was playoff time Powerplays were practically non existant. And refs did not decide the game.

Maybe I missed something. I could care less about the fans hockey lost with the lockout. They weren't real fans in the first place! All I care about is the fact that the wings are taking avs behind the woodshed and kicking their asses old-school style!

I will be disappointed with Avs if they lose 5 0 every game 4 in a row. Wings won only 2 so far. Let's keep our emotions till the series are over... you have to win 4 to move on, not 2...

I'd much rather have a tight, suspenseful, one-goal game rather than a four-goal blow out.

BUTTTTT! These blow out games are a nice mix, having a heart attack every game would definitely take it's toll. Even though this one wasn't quite as exciting, a win is a win and I will never complain about that.

I hate casual fans anyway, so I could care less if they wanted to see a close game. I want us to win every game this way, instead of worrying about the league's ratings. Someone has to be a moron anyway to be watching baseball or NASCAR instead of hockey.

Its not over!

Remember when...

Bill Ranford subbing for an injured Osgood beats the Avs twice in Denver, including a shutout in game 2.

He gets yanked both games in Detroit, replaced by Norm Maracle.

Wings get shutout in a crucial game 5 in Denver.

Colorado overpowers the Wings in game 6. The Wings lost four straight and lost out on the three-peat attempt.

Its not over, not by a long shot... Not until that ^ ticker up there reads "8"

I hate casual fans anyway, so I could care less if they wanted to see a close game. I want us to win every game this way, instead of worrying about the league's ratings. Someone has to be a moron anyway to be watching baseball or NASCAR instead of hockey.

I'm not sure the OP was saying he WANTED a close game, just that a close game was better for the league. And frankly, he's right- a closer game would have been better for the league. But from a Wings perspective, this game was almost perfect.

Damn, people around here have to hate on everything, huh?