• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
scsgoal31

Joel Q hints at Game 3 goalie

Rate this topic

And it's Jose as of tonight:

Despite getting pulled for the second straight game, and having allowed eight goals on 36 shots so far in the series, Jose Theodore is likely to be the starter for Game 3, Quenneville indicated strongly.

"He's the guy who got us here," Quenneville said.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnicplayof...h_for_detr.html

Also:

Avs winger Ryan Smyth blocked a shot and was limping around some after the game.

Quenville must have s*** for brains. Yeah Theodore got them to Round 2, but he sure as hell didn't help much to keep them from getting to the place they are now, which is a two-game hole that could be the killer for his team in the end... :rolleyes:

Edited by Datsyukian Geek

WHy won't they play the only Colorado goalie who's been decent against the Wings? Jose must be on the edge of "not being sick". I hate to talk like this out of fear that Jose will just come out and dominate, but after the fun of today's game, I might as well:

Keep setting him up and we'll keep knocking him down.

Just so long as we can score on Budaj, too, that is.

Theodore again? I'm no NHL coach but I don't think spotting the Wings four goals is the best strategy for the Avs.

You know what though? It doesn't matter. The Avs could put Roy and Sawchuk in the net at the same time and they wouldn't be able to win four of five games if they continue to let themselves get outshot by 2-1 margins.

You know what though? It doesn't matter. The Avs could put Roy and Sawchuk in the net at the same time and they wouldn't be able to win four of five games if they continue to let themselves get outshot by 2-1 margins.

I said almost the same exact thing on another board, except I think I went with a Roy-Sawchuk-Hasek hybrid :)

It doesn't really matter who they put in net if they can't find some offense. What'd they have today? Ten shots through two periods? Apart from when he got undressed by Zetterberg, I'm not sure I heard Sakic's name the entire game. I know I didn't hear Hejdrunk's.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Theodore has now lost thirteen straight 2nd round games. Quinnville, please DON'T make a goalie change :lol:

colorado and their fans are running out of excuses for their play in this seires. hopefully Theodore does get the start and the Wings light him up again, so by that time, the series could be 3-0 and it most likely wouldnt matter who the Avs put in net.

I'm genuinely surprised. I didn't think Quenneville was that stupid. But hey, our boys know how to beat Theodore, so all the better for us. And Franzen proved today that he can beat Budaj, so we're fine either way.

Joel is a moron if he continues to play Theo, but whatever..all the more power for the Wings!

They asked him in the PC about Franzen and he had such attitude about it. "Well ya know..his stick has been hot lately."

Uhh NO, not lately. Try the last month in a half, jackass.

man he is stupid not to play budaj... budaj has been sharp in the reg season VS the wings and right now he looks alot better then theo oh well.. i think putting in Budaj will send a message to the whole team that they need pick their play up a little. but maybe thats why iam not a coach O.o

Joel is a moron if he continues to play Theo, but whatever..all the more power for the Wings!

They asked him in the PC about Franzen and he had such attitude about it. "Well ya know..his stick has been hot lately."

What's great is that when you write it off to Franzen's "stick being hot" it doesn't give any indication that you think you can stop it.

I honestly can't believe the way Franzen has transformed right before our eyes. He had like 12 goals! Then he goes off for 22 in 24 games? What. The. Hell. Not that I'm complaining by any stretch of the imagination!

This team is so fun to watch when they "play the right way" (to use a Larry Brown term)

If that's the way Joel feels.. He's the coach. But just look at the first two games.. we have completely shell shocked Jose and could barely get one goal by Budaj. Yes when Budaj has come in we have been up by 3 and 4 goals but he kept them in it after that and really looked sharp. We have always had Joels number in the past so i think we should trust his decision in Jose hehe.

Thank god Babcock knew to put Osgood in after Game 4 of round 1 the way Hasek was playing.......you'd think Quenville would see that?!?! The Avs need a shot in the arm and a goalie change can do that for a team.....sends a message!

Ever since we knew the Avs were up next against us, I was literally drooling over the prospect of seeing THE MIGHTY RED MACHINE scoring over & over & over again on Jose. Sieve doesn't begin to describe him.

The 1st period of Game #1, as Babs stated, we played Detroit hockey. Then we stopped skating. Colorado was given a chance to get back into it. Yesterday, we again came out banging, hustling, and going to the net, and look what happened: We ARE All-World!!

After seeing the decisive blow in this series delivered last night [sorry, but this Avs team will NOT win 4 out of the next 5], I can only wonder why Quennville isn't looking to start Budaj. He looks much bigger in net, moves laterally alot quicker, and seems to know when to stay back in his crease. Either way, obviously, I don't care - this team and actually moreso, most TV announcers are sorely mistaken in thinking this team has much chance against us. I thoroughly HATE Colorado - no matter what year it is. And seeing Foote's bloody nose, I was just waiting to see more blood! :thumbup: Kudos to D-Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before the first games were played these playoffs, what teams did ya hear about? Pittsburgh, Montreal, the Ducks & Sharks. Second round ... which teams are they talking about now? The Rangers?!! Yup. Pittsburgh, and ... hmmm, maybe Dallas. I'm so sick of the disrespect shown to our team. Turn on Mick & Ken ANYTIME, and they are as both as critical and positive for the opposing team as they are our team. Yet everyone writes us off. Win this Cup and it's 4 in 11 years. ???? F 'em all!

Wings / Habs. Stanley Cup 2008. It's Destiny.

Okay, brethren of LGW....let's look at it this way.....Mr. Q takes out JT...where is the confidence & trust?

What does this message convey to the rest of the team? The fact of the matter is, we have the AVs number and they know it and can't shake it! It's called respect!

Jackass?? Wait a minute...Mule, jackasss....

Sorry, couldn't resist. I want to see Jose play every game. It really doesn't matter though. If the Avs don't start skating they are done and there is not much that the gaolie can do about that. Ellis was superb against us and we still killed the Preds. I hate to say it but the Avs skaters just aren't playing as well as the Preds and with average at best goaltending they are in trouble.