• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

YoungGuns1340

Trade and Free Agent Game

Rate this topic

I will GM any team you can put me at. Please.

EDIT:With the tear that he has been on, does Mule count as a superstar, or mid-level?

Edited by Real1

Young Guns: can you be a GM and an advisor? I noticed you assume both roles. If you can do both, I wouldn't mind being a GM as well.

I think the only combo you can't be in GM/Agent. You can be agent/advisor or GM/advisor I'm pretty sure.

I think the only combo you can't be in GM/Agent. You can be agent/advisor or GM/advisor I'm pretty sure.

In that case, I'll be an advisor as well as either the Nashville, Boston, or NY Rangers GM.

In theory, you can´t win the game. The point is simply to see if you can do the job of GM or agent. Given how much people like to think they´d be able to put together winning teams and get players to sign better contracts, itd be interesting to see if we´re actually capable of that.

How do we know we are doing a better job if there aren't any simulations?...

I guess I'll try my hand at Minnesota GM. Don't think anyone has claimed them yet.

I'm confused about agents... you said there willl be no fantasy draft. I assume this means all teams will start with their current rosters. Why would anyone pick players that aren't FAs this summer? (Or players that will likely get cut, assuming we can do that) Or are we just putting all players into a FA pool and everyone is open game?

How do we know we are doing a better job if there aren't any simulations?...

I guess I'll try my hand at Minnesota GM. Don't think anyone has claimed them yet.

I'm confused about agents... you said there willl be no fantasy draft. I assume this means all teams will start with their current rosters. Why would anyone pick players that aren't FAs this summer? (Or players that will likely get cut, assuming we can do that) Or are we just putting all players into a FA pool and everyone is open game?

Agents simply represent agents. It is true that only players who are free agents are going t be able to switch teams and change contracts, etc, but we will likely simulate more than one season within an actual season, depending on how the game goes. Therefore, players who are NOT free agents now will be free agents sooner than they actually are in real life. If this game gets off the ground, I will release a schedule for the dates of things such as Free agency opening and the season finishing.

To determine a players worth, you use a players actual play in the NHL. Therefore, if youre Chicago´s GM and your goaltender is actually playing poorly and is putting up poor numbers as Khabibulin has this year, then you´re going t want to consider trading him. As all players have up and down years, breakout years, game changing injuries, etc, so you must keep up with that. Corey Perry is a free agent who just had a stellar year. As his GM, what are you going to give him? As his agent, what are you going to ask for him? Are you going to have to trade him? If so, how do you get top value for him.