• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
StevieBoy

Red Wings practice facility in Denver?

Rate this topic

So does anyone know where the WIngs practice when in Denver?

I would assume at the Pepsi Center. I am trying to recall from years ago, and I believe they practiced there. Just a guess though. Dont quote me or anything.

I just heard on Channel 4 news that the Red Wings are practicing at a high school in Denver. Bernie didn't mention the name of the high school.

What kind of high school has its own ice rink?

How can they if the court is in for the Denver Los Angels basketball game?

like I said, just a guess. Trying to revert back to years passed!

Edited by miller76

Lots of Canadian High Schools have rinks, (Well there's a couple in my City anyways, and there's a new one being finished right now) They might not own them, maybe the Gov. helps them with this, but they are located right beside the schools and used for practices and home games.

They used to practice at the Promenade Ice Center in Westminster a few years ago - not sure how you can find out if that is still where they go. Heck call the arena and ask just google it....Another option would be the Lowry ice arena - the name escapes me...

The ice @ Lowry is now called "Big Bear" ice arena. I hope they're not practicing there, it's a dump! My guess would be D.U. since its close, and they have two sheets.

The ice @ Lowry is now called "Big Bear" ice arena. I hope they're not practicing there, it's a dump!

Ha! I was going to say the same thing. My guess is at DU as well. I'm not disputing the fact that lots of high schools have ice rinks, but I don't know that any around here do?

A fan in Colorado wanted me to pass this along:

"They are practicing at Big Bear Ice Arena on Wednesday at 1:00. I was there today and watched."

Thanks Matt!

I am that guy. Finally able to post on my own!

They are scheduled to practice again on Wednesday at 1:00 at Big Bear Ice Arena in Lowry. Monday's practice was very brief so I would recommend getting there at 1:00. I was a little late and a lot of players - Lids, Hank, Cheli, Rafalski, Stuart - had already left the ice. They were basically done by 2:00 with a few guys lingering on the ice just messing around. Dom was one of the last to leave the ice as well.

Every player stopped to sign autographs for the ten or so people who were waiting outside by the bus. Of course, there I was, with nothing to sign. Missed out on the entire team! But it was cool just to be that close to the guys.

The players were coming out at their leisure which made for a funny situation. After waiting for about a half hour for the team to board the bus, Babs and the first wave of players left for the hotel in the bus. There was only one bus so as the rest of the team (about half the players) came out, they all said 'where is the bus?' Well, the bus left without them. And since there was only one, it had to drop off the first wave and return to pick up the rest of the team. So they were all just hanging around outside waiting for about a half hour for the bus to come back to pick them up.

I was very impressed with the guys. They all took the time to sign everything that everyone had. Many of them posed for pictures. They were very approachable. The only player that didn't sign anything and hurried to the bus was Lidstrom. I was a little surprised that he wouldn't stop to sign a single item. But he was on the first bus so there may have been some urgency to get on before it left.

orchard lake st. mary's does. thats the only one i know of in the metro detroit area.

Last I knew, there was one across the street from Kimball H.S. in Royal Oak. Not connected but definitely within walking distance.