• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest nutz2u

Shanahan

Rate this topic

Guest nutz2u

Should watch the highlites of their game last night and if he isn't embarrassed watching himself act like an ass in front of the Pens goal, he should be. I thought he had more class than that, guess I was wrong. I hope the Rangers lose.

Guest nutz2u
No, it just looked like he was directing traffic with his stick held too high and swung it a little, unless this tread is refering to something else I didn't see/remember.

Plus stickin his elbow up head high into the goalies face. Basically an Avery imitation except with his back to the goalie.

Plus stickin his elbow up head high into the goalies face. Basically an Avery imitation except with his back to the goalie.

I really don't see how you can compare it to Avery. His back was to the goalie. That's just my opinion anyway. While Shanny's actions weren't exactly pleasing to see, I think Avery's were infinitely worse.

Guest nutz2u
I really don't see how you can compare it to Avery. His back was to the goalie. That's just my opinion anyway. While Shanny's actions weren't exactly pleasing to see, I think Avery's were infinitely worse.

Avery's act was worse, but actions not pleasing to see, you kinda expect from a dips*** like Avery and just cuz Avery is worse dosen't make it ok for someone elce. I'm just glad neither of them play for the Wings.

Avery's act was worse, but actions not pleasing to see, you kinda expect from a dips*** like Avery and just cuz Avery is worse dosen't make it ok for someone elce. I'm just glad neither of them play for the Wings.

Yeah I don't think what Brendan did was okay but I wouldn't put it in the same class as Avery's display.

Guest LivingtheDream

That was Shanny's biggest showing in the playoffs so far. Why would you miss him now? 1 goal and a few assists? I guess if you can't show up in the playoffs (again) then maybe resorting to aggravation tactics to a goalie are all you got? We are doing just fine, no better, without him. Nostalgia and reality are two different things people. Wake up and move ahead. We have a damn good team now.

That was Shanny's biggest showing in the playoffs so far. Why would you miss him now? 1 goal and a few assists? I guess if you can't show up in the playoffs (again) then maybe resorting to aggravation tactics to a goalie are all you got? We are doing just fine, no better, without him. Nostalgia and reality are two different things people. Wake up and move ahead. We have a damn good team now.

I agree that we don't need Shanny, all I was saying is I miss when he was playing his best here.

I'm glad Shanny left before we fans started talking about him like we do Lang... because he is pretty much at that level now. Plus he ******* so much after every call... it's annoying if you like him. He never behaved like that in Detroit.

Ah well, I have very fond memories of him in Detroit!

Right on !!! :thumbup: I agree.

Shanny was good for us but now the game has pasted him by. I watch the games and he does a lot of coasting while out on the ice. We are much better without him.

Yeah, I miss him too. He was great when surrounded by greatness..

There, fixed it.

Right now he's surrounded by quite the cast of former and current all-star caliber players (Jagr, Gomez, Drury...) and he can't get his s*** together. Granted, when it comes to the Rangers offense, the whole seems to equal significantly less than the sum of its parts, but still. Shanny is in the twilight of his career and he is a shadow of the player he once was, its that simple. For what he did here he deserves a tonne of respect, but you've gotta know when to cut and run, and I think the boys upstairs made the right decision.

There, fixed it.

Right now he's surrounded by quite the cast of former and current all-star caliber players (Jagr, Gomez, Drury...) and he can't get his s*** together. Granted, when it comes to the Rangers offense, the whole seems to equal significantly less than the sum of its parts, but still. Shanny is in the twilight of his career and he is a shadow of the player he once was, its that simple. For what he did here he deserves a tonne of respect, but you've gotta know when to cut and run, and I think the boys upstairs made the right decision.

True, true. But maybe I just miss the rivalry with the Avs at its hight as well. :rolleyes:

I think part of the reason Shanahan is not booed like Fedorov in Detroit is because we all secretly were happy to see him leave. The writing was on the wall in the last few seasons, especially in the playoffs. Sort of like the relief you feel when a girlfriend you want to dump, but can't, finally dumps you. You still act hurt, but you know you dodged a bullet.

I think part of the reason Shanahan is not booed like Fedorov in Detroit is because we all secretly were happy to see him leave. The writing was on the wall in the last few seasons, especially in the playoffs. Sort of like the relief you feel when a girlfriend you want to dump, but can't, finally dumps you. You still act hurt, but you know you dodged a bullet.

Nice analogy. Two points for that.

Brilliant analogy. :clap:

I think you're dead on with this one. I don't think many people in this city didn't love Shanny for what he meant to the team through the years, but it was just time for him to move on if he didn't want to start making that harder and harder to do. Detroit's a tough place for stars to die if they just flat-out die completely come playoff time. If Yzerman can win a Conn Smythe on one leg, these older stars better be able to do something in the playoffs. Or so we think...

Shanny being gone is a good thing.

He's old, slow, and has no shot anymore. He needs to retire after this season, he's been pretty sad in the playoffs so far.

If you miss him so much, go root for the Rangers. I'll gladly take Franzen in his place.

What did Shanny do last game?

I heard Don Cherry talk about it and I got it at the very last second so I didn't see what happened.

He was screening MAF and put his left elbow up in the air to block his view. He was facing away from him though, like a regular screen so according to the rules it was kosher.

I don't have a bad word to say about Shanny. He was the missing piece to our Championship puzzle and gave his all for the Wings.

With all of our young talent, 2006-07 was the right time for him to go to a new team.

What I miss most is the 30 year old Shanahan, and the team we had from 1996-2002, but time goes on.

Yeah, I don't understand the comment that "He was great when surrounded by greatness". He was the guy who put us over the top. He was the tough, consistent finisher that we needed, and he helped instill a ton of heart in this team. He went to battle for his teammates all of the time and perservered, and it was hardly because he played with people like Yzerman and Fedorov. Shanahan was the final ingredient in that mix, and if you don't think he made his teammates better by giving them space or crashing for them or having their back then you didn't watch what he did in his best days.

That said, it is a little sad watching him now because he has slowed down quite a bit. Just remember what he did for us here and when he enters the Hall, cheer for him going in as a Wing.