• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

Avs Remembering 1999

Rate this topic

Looking at Avs boards they all are using 1999 as a war cry, well I hope any that are brave enough to read LGWs will get this reality check.

#1 Theodore isn't Roy, Theo can steal one if hes at the top of his game, but, he can't steal a series like Roy was able to.

#2 Floppa is now a glass doll, he injured himself in a pregame skate for god's sake.

#3 Foote isn't as shut down as he was, nor is he producing offensively, hes 0 points and a -2. I know Avs fans will come back and say hes never been a point scorer, which is all well and good if hes also shut down, but how can a top 6 D man not have any points and also be a negative +/- in the playoffs and the team expect to win?

#4 In 1999 Osgood was injured, remember kiddos an injury is much different then the 'flu' so dont claim the same for Theo, hes just sucking.

#5 No Lemieux, Tanguay, etc. I will admit in the 90s the Avs had a great playoff tested team, now, even Nashville had more people id want in a big game then the Avs.

#6 And this one is important

AVS SUCK

While you may be right on that and that "momentum" and "injuries" clearly favors the Wings...

#7. A series isn't over until a team wins 4 GAMES, and we've seen more than 1 scenario of the Wings wiffing on a 2-0 series lead losing in 4 straight, and them doing the exact opposite in 2002. And one of those years was 1999 when the Wings played the Avs

This series is far from over with.

We do the same thing here, look back on the past when we don't have the same team as back then either. Can't blame them. They are gasping for air right now.

I wouldn't doubt if JT has an injury and they're just saying he's sick. It's the playoffs, who knows. Do you really want to tell the opponent where your goalie is injured? I doubt it.

I don't know why JT has so much respect to begin with though. They played Minnesota in the first round. Who is Minnesota? lol I knew the Wings would humble JT in this round anyways. Maybe not to this extent, but I knew they'd get to him alot more than the Wild did.

I try to never compare years, the wings are never the same one year to the other.... every playoff year is like a finger print unique.

By far the biggest difference was Ranford. We were in total control of that series. Stevie was on a scoring tear and we were actually getting compitent goaltending.

But then in game 3 Ranford completely collapsed and we never recovered. I can still remember Hunter's 60 foot slapshot that sailed through Billy.

We would have won the Cup that year if Ozzie wasn't hurt.

This is nothing like that series. We'll split in Colorado and win it in Detroit on the weekend.

And we used 2002 as our battle cry last year....

The point is you can't judge a series based on previous years. Now this series is far from over, but to me I realisticly don't see Colorado stealing this one. I wouldn't be suprised if they took one of the next two, but I don't see them taking the series. Detroit is just the better team.

Well, what do you think this place would look like if the Wings started a series 0-2 instead of 2-0, I mean this place fell apart when they went up 2-0 on Nashville and then it became 2-2.

People here were debating whether Ozzie could "Save" the wings, people were using historical stats to say why he could or couldn't do it.

If you are a fan of your team you will always find a silver lining, otherwise you would just throw your hands up in disgust and walk away as a fairweather fan. Just look at these boards starting at the trade deadline.

You people would be pointing out that the AVs fans were bailing on their team if one of them said "Well Det has owned us so far I don't see how we can beat them."

Or if one of them said, we can do it, I know we can.

You would be calling them dilusional, so what post could they have put up that you would have been OK with!

Why some of you care so much what posters of other TEAMS' boards are posting is beyond me.

Looking at Avs boards they all are using 1999 as a war cry, well I hope any that are brave enough to read LGWs will get this reality check.

#3 Foote isn't as shut down as he was, nor is he producing offensively, hes 0 points and a -2. I know Avs fans will come back and say hes never been a point scorer, which is all well and good if hes also shut down, but how can a top 6 D man not have any points and also be a negative +/- in the playoffs and the team expect to win?

I think that this is the most important one, after Roy. People forget that when he was in his prime, he could minimize some hof forwards, and deliver some hellish hits. I think he was a better skater than scott stevens, to whom he is compared. He was the s***. Now he seems frustrated and slow.

Well, what do you think this place would look like if the Wings started a series 0-2 instead of 2-0, I mean this place fell apart when they went up 2-0 on Nashville and then it became 2-2.

If the Wings were down 0-2 right it would be complete and utter meltdown mode around here. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Avs fans are gonna do whatever they can to find hope and rationalize what's going on. I can't blame them for trying to find some light at the end of a dark tunnel. Stranger things have happened in hockey, and for the Avs it only takes one win to gain confidence and turn around a series.

Those idiots can use whatever excuses they need to in order to feel like their pathetic team has a chance. Back then they had a real goalie and a good system. Right now they're just not in our league.

With Dallas succeeding like they are, I'm already thinking of how we'll match up against Pittburgh in the Finals. I'm not worried about the remaining teams in the West.

People here were debating whether Ozzie could "Save" the wings, people were using historical stats to say why he could or couldn't do it.

If you are a fan of your team you will always find a silver lining, otherwise you would just throw your hands up in disgust and walk away as a fairweather fan. Just look at these boards starting at the trade deadline.

You people would be pointing out that the AVs fans were bailing on their team if one of them said "Well Det has owned us so far I don't see how we can beat them."

Or if one of them said, we can do it, I know we can.

You would be calling them dilusional, so what post could they have put up that you would have been OK with!

Why some of you care so much what posters of other TEAMS' boards are posting is beyond me.

QFT

Those idiots can use whatever excuses they need to in order to feel like their pathetic team has a chance. Back then they had a real goalie and a good system. Right now they're just not in our league.

With Dallas succeeding like they are, I'm already thinking of how we'll match up against Pittburgh in the Finals. I'm not worried about the remaining teams in the West.

Wow... just... WOW!

I have no problem with confidence in our team. I'm very confident in the Wings. They have the ABILITY to win the Cup.

But for all we know Ozzie could take a dump and lose every game from now on. Anythings possible, just remember.

To a certain extent, I'm with you though.

As I've said in my previous posts..

"Here's to (I'm hoping) a Wings/Pens Stanley Cup Finals"

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm going to guess that they won't make it.

I find your hatred of the Avalanche extremely refreshing. Especially after all this "Joe Sakic is a nice guy," and "he's just like Yzerman" talk. I ain't gotta respect anyone on the Avalanche, not even Joe Sack-itch.

I find your hatred of the Avalanche extremely refreshing. Especially after all this "Joe Sakic is a nice guy," and "he's just like Yzerman" talk. I ain't gotta respect anyone on the Avalanche, not even Joe Sack-itch.

Rumor is that Claude Lemieux and Ian Lapperierre both work with small children in the community, so we should be nice when we post about them, even if they run our players with cheap shots.

Also, Forsberg looks like Jesus with short hair, meaning that we can't say bad things about him no matter what he does.

And don't even get me started on the great Joe Sakic, who is obviously Yzerman's twin, to the point where we should revere him as highly as we did Stevie.

:D

Edited by GMRwings1983

That series also featured an Avs team that had Sakic, Foote, and Floppa all 10 years younger. Most importantly, Roy was their goalie. Sheesh, they sure are looking for a silver lining.

Well they have nothing else to look for. Can't blame them for trying ANYTHING to get their team playing better. Seriously this Avs team has some total mental block when it comes to the Wings. They are hoping that 1) Theo plays about 1000x better, 2) Floppa comes back and can actually make a huge impact, and most importantly 3) the Wings let off the pedal a bit and allow the Avs back into the series.

As long as Babs keeps this team focused and we don't have any lapses like vs. the Preds the Wings will be fine.

If the Wings were down 0-2 right it would be complete and utter meltdown mode around here. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

No lie. Fans in here are so fickle it is just ridiculously humorous to me.

While I am defiintely happy the way the Wings have played overall these first two games, first people have been pissing and moaning that have terrible secondary scoring and the Avalanche's forwards overall from 1-12 have better depth and could outscore Detroit any day of the week, and now all of a sudden they are dead as doornails and the Wings are demi-gods all of a sudden, even though the series still has a few games in Denver, the Wings have blown 2-0 leads before and even lost series in this fashion, etc.

Very humorous indeed.

Can we just wait until this series is over before we say anything....

I'm confident but there is so much cockiness going on in this thread it's ridiculous.

Colorado sure isn't the team from 99 but we've given up games to teams worse than them.

I obviously don't believe Colorado can pull it off but come on, there is always a chance.

Really though, I think that our Wings are understanding how to play to their standard... not to the level of the other team.