• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Theodore to start Game 3; Forsberg hopeful

Rate this topic

this is great. Hopefully Theodores illness called "turcoitis"stays in his system for a couple more games. Once rare but now a widespread illness plaguing goaltenders who play the Detroit Red Wings.

Edited by miller76

You know, I'm completely baffled by this coaching decision! I said it ALL along when all the analyst were saying how Theo is playing MVP type material right now. I found it funny cause while he did have a good series, it was against a Minny team with no secondary scoring. So he comes to Detroit against a deep offense (at times) and get chased his first 2 games. He has a freaking GAA of like 9.44! You have Budaj who's only let in one goal, and while we obviously weren't pushing as hard when Budaj came in, he seems much more sound and playing much better on his angles than Theo is.

What idiotic coach would keep this guy in? All he's doing is PRAYING that Theo can come back in his home arena and play a good game to get SOME confidence back. If he loses again tomorrow, his confidence is shot. Then you're gonna do what? Play Budaj who must feel a little stupid that he's not getting the start tomorrow. I'm sorry but that would've been like us going back to Hasek and never giving Ozzie a chance. Its just plain STUPID coaching! This guy's a complete idiot to me

lol just play budaij already

na they wont play budaj until theo lets in 10 more goals... but this also reminds me of the ducks they did not replace jiggy even though they got outscored 9-2 in the first 2 games but who knows why

Edited by Duck Guy

You know, I'm completely baffled by this coaching decision! I said it ALL along when all the analyst were saying how Theo is playing MVP type material right now. I found it funny cause while he did have a good series, it was against a Minny team with no secondary scoring. So he comes to Detroit against a deep offense (at times) and get chased his first 2 games. He has a freaking GAA of like 9.44! You have Budaj who's only let in one goal, and while we obviously weren't pushing as hard when Budaj came in, he seems much more sound and playing much better on his angles than Theo is.

What idiotic coach would keep this guy in? All he's doing is PRAYING that Theo can come back in his home arena and play a good game to get SOME confidence back. If he loses again tomorrow, his confidence is shot. Then you're gonna do what? Play Budaj who must feel a little stupid that he's not getting the start tomorrow. I'm sorry but that would've been like us going back to Hasek and never giving Ozzie a chance. Its just plain STUPID coaching! This guy's a complete idiot to me

Just proof that Detroit is beating the Avs in every category,...including coaching!

Quenneville has no idea how to win in the playoffs, and this is further proof that he's an imbecile when it comes to managing his team in the clutch. Theodore has looked like a fish out of water in this series, while Budaj has been solid. Oh well, I guess it'll only make it easier for us.

Anyone know when was the last time a goalie was pulled in 3 straight games?

Good call.

You need proof your alternate keeper can win games not just stop the bleeding. In this case the wager is Theo's save percentage can go up more than Budaj's will go down when having to play a full 60 against the Wings. Seems like a pretty safe bet. Moreover, staying with Theodore is as much a testament to the teams belief in what he can do, as it is a recognition that the loss in game 2 was on the team's shoulders, not the keeper's.

In either case, it is unlikely their choice of keeper will make a difference in game 3: 3-2 Wings

Quenneville has no idea how to win in the playoffs, and this is further proof that he's an imbecile when it comes to managing his team in the clutch. Theodore has looked like a fish out of water in this series, while Budaj has been solid. Oh well, I guess it'll only make it easier for us.

Anyone know when was the last time a goalie was pulled in 3 straight games?

Probably never, no coach is ***'n stupid enough to start a goalie after getting chased in 2 straight games.

Probably never, no coach is ***'n stupid enough to start a goalie after getting chased in 2 straight games.

:lol:

Quenneville is.

He reminds me of a dumb policeman with that bulldog face and that out of date moustache. I just hope we play his teams in the playoffs every year, because I miss those good old days when we romped through the Blues in the playoffs each year. He has absolutely no clue what he's doing, especially when it comes to goalies.

Budaj hasn't seen the Wings out of the gates yet though. The Wings he's seen are no where near as terrifying as the Wings Theo had to deal with. I'm not saying I wouldn't try Budaj though necessarily so much as saying that if the Wings play like the did out of the gates in the last couple games, he'll get lit up just like Theo. At that point, I'd likely rather have Theo in net. If one is going to handle that better, it'll be Theo.

Edited by gcom007

omg I had on Denver radio today and almost fell over when I heard Coach Q say he intends to start Theodore in game 3. :blink:

Wings have got to be in this guy's head - they must take advantage and shell him from the getgo. Who knows what he's thinking - maybe he thinks it's hopeless and he might as well start the guy - who knows. We shelled Theodore last time the Wings played in Denver (went to that game - hehe). Hey I think I'm going to game 4 so I fully expect to see Budaj in net by then. Go Wings - give Jose the "Flu" again! :P

Again, do you guys not see the distinction between the Wings that Budaj faced and the Wings that Theo faced? I think if Detroit comes out and plays hard and they start Budaj, he's going to get lit up just like Theo. You start Theo and you hope that he's healthy and pissed and ready to elevate his game in order to hold off the Wings onslaught. This isn't as simple as Osgood/Hasek. Osgood's got a lot more experience, has won a Cup on his own back and had a great year more or less playing in a starting role. Budaj doesn't have those factors working for him.

I heard more than one pundit say before the series started that "Theodore was going to be the difference-maker in this match up."

He sure has been. :siren::siren::siren:

lmao... oh so true... my dad was telling me how scared he was about tay-door being in the pipes.. i just laughed... that was before game 1... now i am really laughing!

Again, do you guys not see the distinction between the Wings that Budaj faced and the Wings that Theo faced? I think if Detroit comes out and plays hard and they start Budaj, he's going to get lit up just like Theo. You start Theo and you hope that he's healthy and pissed and ready to elevate his game in order to hold off the Wings onslaught. This isn't as simple as Osgood/Hasek. Osgood's got a lot more experience, has won a Cup on his own back and had a great year more or less playing in a starting role. Budaj doesn't have those factors working for him.

Yea, I definitely agree with you. Actually I posted almost the exact same thing in the other "Theo starting game 3" related topic that for as horrible as Theo has been against the Red Wings, we have to keep in mind that he hasn't faced a Wings team thats been pushing as hard as what Theo's faced. As I also said in my other post, even though Theo has faced a much hungrier team, Budaj still seems to be playing much more sound positionally and playing his angles much better. Besides, with Theo's 9.44 GAA... Budaj can not be much worse!