• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Red Wings 4, Avalanche 3

Rate this topic

Update from Colorado's practice:

POST-PRACTICE UPDATE: Ryan Smyth is out for tonight's Game 3. He injured his foot blocking a shot in Game 2. Smyth had two goals and five points in eight post-season games.

"Smytty's had a real good playoffs for us," said Colorado coach Joel Quenneville.

Forsberg (groin) and Hannan (foot) are both probable for tonight, according to Quenneville. Forsberg has missed two of the Avs' eight playoff games. Hannan missed Game 3.

Things just keep getting worse for the Dives. I was hoping this would be a hard fought series, but right now it is anything but because of all the injuries to the Dives. Oh well, as long as we get to the next round I'm sure I'll get over it!

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Can't wait for this game! Haven't seen any Avs jerseys/hats/etc on campus today... so sad. Did happen to notice that the sports psychologist who has an office across from me has an autographed Avs jersey hanging on his wall. Something tells me his services might be needed after tonight. :)

Going to the game tonight, I can't fricken wait. This should be the most intense game of the series, wings gotta weather the storm early, then take control. An early goal would be HUGE! Nothing like the "Lets go Red Wings" chant at the old Pepsi Center.

Scream, chant, cheer extra loud for me! Have lots of fun and upload some pics if you are able! Any chance you can get one of these on the ice :octo:

LET'S GO WINGS!

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Lets go with 4-0 Wings

No reason to get in a goal slump on Theodore now is there?

Ozzy records shutout tonight we own the Avs all year(regular season does mean something)

I also think its 2-0 Wings after two then Avs press :siren::siren::siren::siren::scared:

Scream, chant, cheer extra loud for me! Have lots of fun and upload some pics if you are able! Any chance you can get one of these on the ice :octo:

LET'S GO WINGS!

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

I'd love to, but I'm taking the kids tonight. (see the topic: going to game)

SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS FOR THIS ONE!

I'm reallyyy hoping that Forsberg plays tonight. Just want to see what the excuse will then be after he returns.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!! GO OZZIE!!!!!!! THE GREAT OZ!!!!

BTW, I had this really weird dream that Jennifer Lopez was playing with the Wings in Game 3 *tonight* against the Avs, and she made a really bad pass and Lebda looked at her and was all "What the hell kind of pass was that, J-LO?!" and then he rolled his eyes at her. ahaha

Anywho, I want a win tonight!

SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS FOR THIS ONE!

I'm reallyyy hoping that Forsberg plays tonight. Just want to see what the excuse will then be after he returns.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!! GO OZZIE!!!!!!! THE GREAT OZ!!!!

BTW, I had this really weird dream that Jennifer Lopez was playing with the Wings in Game 3 *tonight* against the Avs, and she made a really bad pass and Lebda looked at her and was all "What the hell kind of pass was that, J-LO?!" and then he rolled his eyes at her. ahaha

Anywho, I want a win tonight!

I hope that was a good omen

Their excuse will be that Smyth was out with an injury, and that Forsberge wasn't able to play his best because he's still playing injured.

Edited by Kween78

may the Curse of the Octopus contine for the Avs.

they will be desperate tonight, but i still think the Wings can handle them, especially with Smyth out of the line up.

Foppa or no Foppa i think it will be a hard fought game, but i j ust feel the Wings can and will take this one.

GO OZZIE, GO WINGS!!

We've gotten way too cocky.

Daring them to put Forsberg in the lineup? He may end up a non-factor, btu he could also end up a VERY BIG factor. Gaining a fan favorite who is also an excellent hockey player, a recovered Theodore, and playing at home can rally any team.

I'm still confident, but let's not get cocky, this series isn't done.

Daring them to put Forsberg in the lineup? He may end up a non-factor, btu he could also end up a VERY BIG factor. Gaining a fan favorite who is also an excellent hockey player, a recovered Theodore, and playing at home can rally any team.

No. It's not daring them to play Forsberg. It's just that every freaking expert was SO high on the Avs and then changed their minds about who's winning this series the second after they found out he'd most likely be out. It's damn annoying that they put this guy so high on a pedestal when in my opinion, he's nowhere near he use to be. And if that comes back to bite me in the ass then I'll admit it. Until then..I really don't care nor think he is going to make that much of a difference.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Well put! :clap:

Of course we are cocky... we have to look no further than our coach... Mr. babcock

I am 100% positive in our coming out on top of this series so long as Tay-door is in... he blows harder than he did the years after winning the Vezina... That boy has got nothing in him... total Sieve... they had to come up with "flu" story as a reason to justify is regular play... The boy is toast, we are in his head so deep that that he would do his team a service by pulling himself before the game game even started

While i like Forsberg and wished he was in for games 1 or 2 to get him to sign my jersey... he doesn't scare me at all.

Stasny, Smyth and Hejduk is their only decent line and they are without Smyth.... the rest of the team after witnessing 1 and 2 live is just plain s***TY... and that is probably giving them way to much credit

Edited by OsGOD

No. It's not daring them to play Forsberg. It's just that every freaking expert was SO high on the Avs and then changed their minds about who's winning this series the second after they found out he'd most likely be out. It's damn annoying that they put this guy so high on a pedestal when in my opinion, he's nowhere near he use to be. And if that comes back to bite me in the ass then I'll admit it. Until then..I really don't care nor think he is going to make that much of a difference.

:clap: Exactly, this is the type of s*** diva Peter loves, EVERYONE FOCUSING ON HIM. Well, you've got the limelight Pete, show us what you've got! The Wings ain't screwing around this year!