• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Avalanche Injury Update

Rate this topic

I might be in the minority, but I think this news stinks. I want to beat a healthy team, not one heavy with injuries.

I really don't care who they have in the lineup as long as we win. I've been living with idiot "Av" fans for 12 years now, and they would find some excuse, even with a full, healthy squad.

I guess these foot injuries better be broken/falling off. This is the playoffs. This is when you tie your skate extra tight if your foot's hurt to hold it on. I remember in the 98 run Brent Gilchrist was getting shots directly into his groin between every period. I remember reading an article about a Wings player saying how they got chills hearing Brent scream as this was happening. I remember he had major surgery after the playoffs because his groin muscle had completely separated from the bone.

What's Forsberg's injury all about? Brent was our 4th line center playing through that, but their 1A can't? As much as people are saying the series would be much different if the Avs weren't injured, well thats what the playoffs are about, play through injuries. Alfredsson tried coming back with a torn ACL. People who had had ACL or MCL injuries know how much pain and wobbly your knee will be.

My foot hurts too much to play tonight but in two nights i can play.

I don't see this as a story of the Wings getting off easy I see this as a story of the Avs not having players that will go the extra mile and they don't have depth to make up for it.

If the wings can't beat the Avalanche with their season's top goal scorer out (Svatos), 2 of their other top 2 forwards out (Smyth, Wolski), 2 of their best defensemen out (Clark, Hannan)...then it is pretty sad. On top of that Forsberg, Foote and Hejduk have all been playing with injuries for the past 2 weeks.

With a healthy roster...even with 2-3 guys out, The Avs would match up evenly or slightly better against the Wings. Too bad no games this season have had even rosters.

I guess these foot injuries better be broken/falling off. This is the playoffs. This is when you tie your skate extra tight if your foot's hurt to hold it on. I remember in the 98 run Brent Gilchrist was getting shots directly into his groin between every period. I remember reading an article about a Wings player saying how they got chills hearing Brent scream as this was happening. I remember he had major surgery after the playoffs because his groin muscle had completely separated from the bone.

What's Forsberg's injury all about? Brent was our 4th line center playing through that, but their 1A can't? As much as people are saying the series would be much different if the Avs weren't injured, well thats what the playoffs are about, play through injuries. Alfredsson tried coming back with a torn ACL. People who had had ACL or MCL injuries know how much pain and wobbly your knee will be.

My foot hurts too much to play tonight but in two nights i can play.

I don't see this as a story of the Wings getting off easy I see this as a story of the Avs not having players that will go the extra mile and they don't have depth to make up for it.

In 2001 Forsberg tried to play with a potential ruptured spleen after doctors told him he could possibly DIE if he played. So, yeah, if he can't go you know he can't go. It is one thing to have a sore ankle, but a pulled groin is agonizing and impossible to play through.

well no matter how much this series was dominated by the wings....the avs were just "unlucky" and the wings wont receive credit for anything they did this series

who cares about credits from those talking heads?

they all will be in our exclusive possession once Captain hoists the Cup!

Great, now those jackasses and their moronic fanbase are going to make more excuses. Oh well, I guess whatever is bad for them is good for us, without us having to apologize for it.

And that's when you say "scoreboard."

Seriously, I think it's very noble that some of you want to beat a healthy team. Me, I just want to win, I don't care how it happens. Smyth's out? Works for me.

If the wings can't beat the Avalanche with their season's top goal scorer out (Svatos), 2 of their other top 2 forwards out (Smyth, Wolski), 2 of their best defensemen out (Clark, Hannan)...then it is pretty sad. On top of that Forsberg, Foote and Hejduk have all been playing with injuries for the past 2 weeks.

With a healthy roster...even with 2-3 guys out, The Avs would match up evenly or slightly better against the Wings. Too bad no games this season have had even rosters.

That's extremely debatable......actually, that's just not true.

I'm not trying to be cocky but the Wings goaltending and defense is far superior to Colorado's and the Avs' offense is only slightly better on paper when at 100%. Also, the key to that last sentence was "on paper".

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I'm not trying to be cocky but the Wings goaltending and defense is far superior to Colorado's and the Avs' offense is only slightly better on paper when at 100%. Also, the key to that last sentence was "on paper".

It's pretty obvious you are basing your comment on the Avs play in the past 2 games where the goaltender was puking all day before the games and the defense was missing 2 key players. I understand though, the Avs have looked weak all this year against the Wings, but it is only because every game they have been plagued with injury. It would just be nice to see the Wings play a healthy Avs team.

The Av(e)s goal tending, defense, and 3rd-4th lines are not what they were in past playoff series against the Wings.

Smyth and Foreplay being out is a big hit.... But that being said.... I am not sure if Joe Q has ever won a playoff series against Detroit.

Edited by Rivalred

And that's when you say "scoreboard."

Seriously, I think it's very noble that some of you want to beat a healthy team. Me, I just want to win, I don't care how it happens. Smyth's out? Works for me.

I agree. These are the playoffs. You play to win, no matter what the situation is. No critic, media, or otherwise has the right to put down a championship winner just because one of the 4 teams on the way was injured.

Edited by Nero

Colorado has such a stacked team, and yes starters being injured is a big blow but with so many star and super star fowards in their line up they should be able to get around it. There super stars, sakic and stasiny need to pick it up.

Anyways im a wings fan and yes i want to see the wings win but i also want to see a match-up against a 90-100% healthy colorado team. Hopefully we'll be able to see that before the series ends.

In 2001 Forsberg tried to play with a potential ruptured spleen after doctors told him he could possibly DIE if he played. So, yeah, if he can't go you know he can't go. It is one thing to have a sore ankle, but a pulled groin is agonizing and impossible to play through.

Did you only read the bottom of my post? what about the top when i talk about Gilchrist's GROIN injury from 1998.

Forsberg's just cashing checks. (well he already finished at the end of the regular season)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../804290399/1053

"I think I have to be in a situation where I cannot re-injure it," Forsberg said. "If I can't play, it's unfortunate. Nobody wants to play more than I want to play, but what am I supposed to do?

"It doesn't feel good, and if I go out and hurt it even more and be out for the rest of the playoffs, that's not going to do any good."

Forsberg said he had improved a lot from Saturday, but the groin pull has been a lingering issue.

"I've had it since ages," he said. "I know it doesn't take too long, but I've played with it before, and if it's not good enough, I just re-injure it."

If he doesn't play how long does he think these playoffs are gonna last? If he plays on it tonight and re-injures it I guess he doesn't want to miss game 4. I'm hoping Forsberg is back and I expect him to be.

and papafunk these teams are nowhere near eachother when both healthy. you want to try and say the Avs might even be a little better if they were healthy???

I'm sorry but if the 2nd and 3rd lines can't fill in, you have no team. When Zetterberg missed a handful of games Filpulla and Hudler got more ice time and picked up the slack. When Holmstrom and Cleary went down, Franzen picked it up for both of them. That's a measure of good teams. Wings still finished first overall after all their injuries.

It's pretty obvious you are basing your comment on the Avs play in the past 2 games where the goaltender was puking all day before the games and the defense was missing 2 key players. I understand though, the Avs have looked weak all this year against the Wings, but it is only because every game they have been plagued with injury. It would just be nice to see the Wings play a healthy Avs team.

Actually, its extremely obvious I'm not basing my comment on the past 2 games. Compare the goalie numbers for the 2 Detroit netminders versus Colorado's during the entire regular season (not even including the Wings/Avs matchups -- which BTW are the most important and where the Wings goalies have 3 "you know whats" against them).

Also, are you seriously going to try and compare the Avalanche defense as a whole to Detroits? Again, I'm not trying to be a homer or even cocky, but the difference (before and after the trade deadline) is huge.

You've gotta see that.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

They've been like that since the lockout. Good on "paper" but no real chemistry on the team. Q is just an average coach too - he wouldn't know what to do with a good lineup anyways.