• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
elitepuckster

Great McCarty Article...from Denver Post

Rate this topic

Great article about a man that could teach many that everyone has the ability to change their lives around. It makes me smile every time I read or hear about his comeback.

It's too bad a couple of Avs slappies had to ruin it a little by talking trash in the coments.

Great article, but it wouldn't have taken much effort to get his first wife's name right. It's Cheryl, not Rachel. And why don't people pay attention to the fact that Mac has made it known he did not -- and would not -- part with his Stanley Cup rings? He worked out an arrangement with the courts so that those did not go up for sale when he went bankrupt.

Edited by drwforever

Great article, but it wouldn't have taken much effort to get his first wife's name right. It's Cheryl, not Rachel. And why don't people pay attention to the fact that Mac has made it known he did not -- and would not -- part with his Stanley Cup rings? He worked out an arrangement with the courts so that those did not go up for sale when he went bankrupt.

I knew that as well but I really didn't want to sign up for anything just to dispute what they were saying.

I've been paying attention but have always read that he did have to auction his rings. This is the first I've seen to the contrary. Good that he got to keep them.

its the guy that ripped into my team just a few weeks ago, but I read the article and he actually did a good job.

there were no comments that made no sense at all, which is an improvement from his columbus article.

hopefully mccarty can drop the gloves 1 last time

I knew that as well but I really didn't want to sign up for anything just to dispute what they were saying.

for usernames and passwords for most newspaper sites, try:

www.bugmenot.com

no unnecessary registering needed.

Edited by FireCaptain

I have to give credit, Dater has turned out to be a good writer. I really appreciated his nice words about Detroit (the city) the other day, and he generally seems to be a non-slappy, which is refreshing.

I have to give credit, Dater has turned out to be a good writer. I really appreciated his nice words about Detroit (the city) the other day, and he generally seems to be a non-slappy, which is refreshing.

He is definitely the least offensive, but whatever kudos he's been given lately are negated by his claim that Sammy "sold" that Forsberg high stick. Puhleese. Come here, Floppa and Dater, and let me knock out one of your teeth and see how much "selling" it takes.

On topic, nice to see a little feel-good story about Darren. Love him or hate him, you have to give him props for climbing out of the hole he dug himself into.