• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
egroen

Cleary

Rate this topic

Where has Cleary been?

He would have received one of the MVPs from last year's playoff run, but I barely notice him this year in the playoffs. Maybe sharp eyes can inform me otherwise, but I barely notice him out there.

Is he helping to create all that room for Franzen???

Could a jaw injury really impede his play this much? Is he still underweight?

Just about the only negative thing I can see in this series.

Where has Cleary been?

He would have received one of the MVPs from last year's playoff run, but I barely notice him this year in the playoffs. Maybe sharp eyes can inform me otherwise, but I barely notice him out there.

He did have six shots on goal tonight and was doing some good work along the boards in the offensive zone.

Overall, though, he hasn't been quite the same player since coming back from the jaw injury...and might not be 100% until next season.

Where has Cleary been?

Good lord, man. He and Franzen each had six shots tonight.

You must have missed the turnover he picked up at the blue line where he took the puck brought it with him yanked down Jose's pants and rang the puck of the dang cross bar? (in the last few mins of the game)

You gotta figure too, that he lost ALOT of his game weight (read, strength) while his jaw was wired shut. He's probably back to the same weight now (or close, anyone know?), but that's still at big factor since he's only 15 games back from the injury...

And I'm sure having to play with that football mask has to be pretty frustrating. I'd imagine he's not able to see as much of what he's doing with it on. Shame that he has to wear it the whole postseason...

Edited by Jedi

Could be throwing the body around a little more, but he's far from being invisible. He's definitely skating well I think and just isn't quite finishing his chances.

I think being more back into a "shutdown" role with Draper and Drake might have something to do with it, and not as much of an offensive role on the 2nd line.

But right now, when we can't really ask for things to go this much better with the Wings, no sense in changing much, and as stated Clearly has been holding his own for the most part even though it might not show up on the most important parts of the stat sheet.

He hasn't put up the points I wanted - but he is doing the right things and playing well. The points will come if he keeps playing the way he is. I have no doubt - he is such an asset to this team.

EDIT. P.S. Props to Hudler too, he has played really well so far.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

Where has Cleary been?

I know what ya mean. Last year he was friggin awesome, and I really found myself cheering for the things he did.. This year, I keep finding myself cheering for the things I want him to do. I think his style of play ( really agressive with reckless abandon) is definitely hampered by the healing jaw. All those hits just ring right thru the jaw, man. Thats a really creepy pain, too, not an easy one to play with.

And mask or no mask, he's still really vunerable. He's got guts for playing with that deal.

Edited by T.Low

He hasn't put up the points I wanted - but he is doing the right things and playing well. The points will come if he keeps playing the way he is. I have no doubt - he is such an asset to this team.

You and me both, I took him in my playoff pool. The Wings I have are doing jack poopy in the points department.

Draper

Stuart

Cleary

Rafalski

Filppula

Is he still underweight?

I think so - you can't regain 15lbs of muscle in 6 weeks. And like T.Low said, with his jaw, I just don't think he's able to play his usual reckless style of play.

Him and Homer have combined for 2 goals so far in the playoffs. I was worried they'd struggle coming back from injuries, especially since Homer hasn't looked the same since he first got injured midway through the season.

The way Franzen is playing right now, nobody seems to notice, but to keep winning in the playoffs, Cleary and Homer have got to start scoring. We need those guys.

You gotta figure too, that he lost ALOT of his game weight (read, strength) while his jaw was wired shut. He's probably back to the same weight now (or close, anyone know?), but that's still at big factor since he's only 15 games back from the injury...

And I'm sure having to play with that football mask has to be pretty frustrating. I'd imagine he's not able to see as much of what he's doing with it on. Shame that he has to wear it the whole postseason...

There is no way he has gained his weight back, let alone strength. This really is a foolish thread.

I think so - you can't regain 15lbs of muscle in 6 weeks. And like T.Low said, with his jaw, I just don't think he's able to play his usual reckless style of play.

Thank you. Fearless Dan probably won't be able to play as effectively as he did last year, but last night was the first game I really thought he was playing close to his usual self.

Dan will be alright. Last night was his 8th game back after being gone a couple months. I think he playing pretty good considering his injury. Wasn't he on a liquid diet for a month and a half? Dan is the freak'n man. If it wasn't Franzen show'n off it would be Cleary (If he was completly healthy)!

For those wondering about his point production, keep in mind that he was on the second line during the playoffs last year and the majority of this season until he got injured. Now he's on a shutdown line with Draper and Drake. On a line like that, his role is to simply forecheck the hell out of the oppositions top line: which he's done, and to prevent that line from scoring: which he's done.

He's not invisible out there, he just isn't scoring as many points as people were used to seeing from him before Sammy went mental on his jaw, but with good reason given the current lines. The second line is firing on all cylinders right now, and his third line is doing its job of shutting down the oppositions top lines.

What's the problem here?