• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Out of the three 3-0 series leaders right now...

Rate this topic

Who has been the most impressive?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't watched much of Dallas' or Pittsburgh's games in-depth, but by default of an undefeated record so far in the playoffs, I'll go with Pittsburgh.

Detroit and Dallas can be 2a/2b IMO, can either flip them around. Detroit has been very poised and played their game more often than not after letting Nashville back in the 1st round, and any team that beat the defending SC Champs with some ease and are potentially going to sweep the 2nd best team in the conference (at least by points) has got to be playing impressively.

Pittsburgh looks very good. The only questions I have about them is their Goalie or defense, their first round shouldn't really count as the sens were an absolute joke. The way they are solidly handling the rangers though is something notable.

Many will say both the rangers and sens arent admirable opponents, but I think its the pens making them look that way.

Pittsburgh

Here's why.

Fleury has been the best goalie (and I'll even argue the best player) in the playoffs.

They haven't lost

They beat the Rangers on home ice in MSG with the opposing team of Stanley Cup veterans who were desperate for a win.

They also have Gary Roberts and Daryl Sydor waiting in the press box. If they ever need a win down the road, they'll just throw Gary out there.

The Rangers contain Crosby to only 2 assists, meanwhile Malkin has a 2 goal, 3 point night. What can you do?

Edited by Reilly

Pen's hands down.... They have been giving it to the Rangers pretty good..

Like a poster above stated... Contain Crosby Malkin takes over... Contain Crosby and Malkin Hossa will take over...

What can you do...

It's Dallas for me. They handled/are handling two very physical teams that can also...at times have quite a scoring touch very well. They are playing great hockey right now from the goaltender on out. They'll be a tough test for whoever has to face them in the WCF.

Pens do not impress me at all.

They beat very bad Ottawa team. And played 3 games with Rags..

game1..Pens were lucky and got lots of lucky bounces and goals, Rangers were better.

game2..Rangers scored regular goal..no goal by the ref, Rangers were equal.

game3..bad penalty taken by Hollweg..Pens win, Pens were better.

I think Dallas is the most impressive team so far.

Out of the three teams, Pittsburgh is the most likely to finish first. Both Colorado and San Jose can win a game though I find that unlikely. I had great hopes for New York personally but in this last game even Lundqvist seemed to get tired of the team sucking...

The Rangers contain Crosby to only 2 assists, meanwhile Malkin has a 2 goal, 3 point night. What can you do?

How is allowing a player 2 points containment?

Did you watch the game at all? Crosby was not contained at all. New York was very poor.

Edited by Doggy

My vote brought the Pens in a tie with the Wings. What a bunch a homes y'all are. :D

Pens aren't impressive because the Sens were a joke? How about the Avs with the number of top line players they have injured?

I haven't seen much of the Stars/Sharks so I don't know whether Dallas has been that good or the Sharks have been that bad. What I have seen is the team from game 6 in Calgary. Pisses me off that they stepped up that much for game 7 just to come out and suck in this series. Have to admit, Dallas has looked like a strong veteran team, kinda what I expected out of the Rangers. My second round picks were Rangers, Wings and Sharks (but I picked the Sharks to be very close).

Pens have been the most impressive. No losses. They win playing defense, they win playing offense and they win being outplayed. I thought the Rangers would start to pick them apart. It hasn't happened.

Look out, Sid the Kid's gonna hoist the Cup.

I can't fathom how anyone can think Dallas isn't the clear choice. The Rags are playing like shear garbage, and the Wings are doing well against a weaker opponent. Dallas on the other hand is handing it to the #2 seed in the NHL.

Time to take off the glasses....Dallas is the most impressive 3-0 series leader right now. That doesn't mean they'll win this or next round, though. :D

I honestly think it's pretty even. They're all impressive. I think we can beat Dallas though. A Detroit-Pittsburgh Stanley Cup Final could be interesting. I won't vote though now b/c as said, I think it's even.

I can't fathom how anyone can think Dallas isn't the clear choice. The Rags are playing like shear garbage, and the Wings are doing well against a weaker opponent. Dallas on the other hand is handing it to the #2 seed in the NHL.

Time to take off the glasses....Dallas is the most impressive 3-0 series leader right now. That doesn't mean they'll win this or next round, though. :D

It's going to be interesting to see how well Dallas matches up with Detroit. They are certainly playing better than I thought they would, but that's more out of ignorance on my part than a suggestion that Dallas is playing over their head. San Jose is playing like garbage IMO. Their goaltender is coming unglued and barking constantly at his defensemen (who deserve to be barked at). The whole team are giving up horrible turnovers with alarming frequency and quite frankly keep putting the puck into areas where a turnover is going to kill you.

I don't look at them as a clear choice because they did finish 8th overall and two of the teams pushing them down to 8th were from their own division.

Calfan,

To your barking at the D comment:

Brian Campbell has cost himself big $$$$ on the free agent market with his spotty play this post season.

His defensive abilities or lack thereof has been discovered in a big, big way.

Right now the Sharks D is bad and the O is almost non existent!

And I agree with you Nabby should be more than barking at his D, he should be whacking them with his goalie stick!

I will go with Dallas on this vote. They are physical (I lost count of the hits last night, but it was impressive!) They are confident in playing a team which has the tools to beat them, but can't get a foothold in this series.

Turco is on a mission this postseason, and has his team's unwavering support. Not to say Nabby hasn't been good, I felt bad for him last night. The key factor in Dallas, however, it Zubov's return. You can see them getting better and better with his on-ice leadership.

I don't anticipate Dallas will let SJ back into this series.

The only reason I say Pit over Dal, is that SJS has been streaky all year, they appear to have hit another one of those stretches where they can't find the back of the net and they are giving up horribly timed goals. Granted an OT goal has no good time to be given up, but it seems as though they can't stock pile goals or momentum.

But again I don't think Dallas has owned SJS like Det has owned COL or like Pit has Owned the rangers.

The only way for the Rangers to win is to try and go toe to toe with the Pens. And they don't have the offensive power to do that. When they tried to play a grind it out D they lost by one, when it has been wide open hockey they lose badly.

To me it is the fact that Pit seems to be causing NYR poor play, where as to me SJS is the root of it's own demise from the coach coming unglued, to what appears to be internal fighting.

BTW, Carey Price mentally is done for this playoff run. Boston exposed a weak glove hand and Philly has taken notice!!!!

Calfan,

To your barking at the D comment:

Brian Campbell has cost himself big $$$$ on the free agent market with his spotty play this post season.

His defensive abilities or lack thereof has been discovered in a big, big way.

Right now the Sharks D is bad and the O is almost non existent!

And I agree with you Nabby should be more than barking at his D, he should be whacking them with his goalie stick!

He can't - they keep knocking it out of his hands. <_<