• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Packer487

Where the hell does Forsberg get off.....

Rate this topic

Forsberg has always been a friggin crybaby. I can't understand why Melrose and all these other analyists just sing his praises like he is the best thing ever.

Especially when these same guys call Crosby out for embelishing certain calls.

Although, Umberger is starting to become an Oscar worthy diver.

Peter Forsberg can go bone a cat. I'm sick of seeing that douchbag play. I was glad when he announced he wouldn't be coming back, then cursed his name when he changed his mind to come back with the Avs. I hope you split your groin in two dick face.

Knock someone's tooth and say you barely touched him... wtf is he thinking.

Dater is right about the officiating; it was terrible. I thought it was the worst I've seen so far in the playoffs this year. And yes, Sammy is prone to diving, and may have been trying to draw a call on the contact with Forsberg even before the stick clipped him in the mouth. But that being said, you can only embellish having a tooth knocked out so much.

As for Forsberg, it's laughable that he's the one calling Sammy out. It's like Chelios calling someone old. Forsberg is a stooge. The whole lead-up to his "comeback" was hard to stomach. "I'm retired. No I'm not. Wait, yes I am. Kidding! Not really. No, wait." Nothing would be more satisfying for me than seeing the Wings close this series out and send that uneven-legged, no-spleen-having diva back to Sweden.

why do the avs fans call pasha divesyuk? when was this ever displayed?

Why? Because his name starts with D and the word "dive" fits pretty well phonetically. That's it. Seriously.

It's certainly not because of anything he's actually done on the ice. The guy is nails, I continue to be impressed with his toughness each of the last two playoffs.

"I didn't realize I hit him," Forsberg said. "But I guess he was bleeding so I guess I did hit him, so I have nothing to say. If he's bleeding, it's four minutes. I didn't think I hit him that hard."

I think this is funny. Which is it? You didn't realize you hit him? Or you didn't think you hit him that hard?

As for Sammy selling it, of course he sold it a little bit. You have to make sure that the refs see that something happened, and sometimes that takes embellished movements to get their attention. You can't just go up to them with a bloody mouth and say "he hit me." For all the refs know, you're Foppa and fell down and smacked your mouth on the ice on your own.

5 words for FLOPPY...

Tooo little...Tooo F'in late...

:blink:

What's with the signature? Sawchuk, Vernon, Osgood and Hasek are all great goalies. But Cheveldae?!? If you're looking to round out the top five, how about Glenn Hall or Normie Smith. Not the Sieve from Saskatoon.

Kinda funny, I saw this later on the article.

"We had some good chances but........Oh My God, HERE COMES A BREEZE! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Forsberg left the interview with a sprained knee and a broken collarbone.

I really don't think Sammy embellished the high stick at all. Anyone who has played hockey reacts the same way when a stick comes near the face. Even if it wouldn't hit him, your reaction is the same. Especially with a stick coming near the mouth, I'd swing my head back as far as possible to get away from the hit.

He did embellish it, but it's natural, everyone embellishes it when they get hit with a high stick, maybe Sammy put a little more into this one than others, but no big deal.

I think Z didn't do enough to get the high sticking call against Foote.

With So many players embellishing, if you don't you won't get the call. Refs are looking for a guy to go flying, or their head to snap back, stick to go flying, diving to the ice kicking their legs.

Instead Z gets a stick to the face, and continues the play, then checks his face for blood, if he flings himself to the ground writhing in pain like a European soccer player, he probably gets a 2 minute minor, same with Cleary in game 2 I think.

It has come to the point where if you don't embellish it, if you continue to play when hooked, high sticked, slashed, speared, car jacked, you simply won't get the call.

All of this I blame on poor officiating and the fact that when a dive is called, they call both penalties. Which to me is an oxymoron, if a guy is diving to get a penalty, and he is caught, how on earth is the hook or whatever still a penalty?

Don't think it was a dive at all. The guy got whacked in the mouth with a hockey stick FFS. As for over-reaction - ever hurt yourself and cried out in surprise/pain, then realised a couple of seconds later that it didn't actually hurt that much? Or is that just me? ;)

Anyway, it was a clear, blatant, probably deliberate high-stick to the mouth which cost Sammy a couple of teeth - I wonder if Cleary went up to Floppa later and said "Good job" :D

Forsberg *should* be suspended 1 game for that, but I doubt highly whether he will, and the Wings are too classy to ***** and whine to the NHL about it.

I think Z didn't do enough to get the high sticking call against Foote.

With So many players embellishing, if you don't you won't get the call. Refs are looking for a guy to go flying, or their head to snap back, stick to go flying, diving to the ice kicking their legs.

This is exactly right, and Foote is (as usual) getting away with a lot of s*** that would (in the regular season) normally get you a roughing minor. Tough play in front of the net I can't complain about, because I wish we had more of it, but the s*** in the corners pisses me off. Just win the battle, you big baby.

Peter Forsberg is a piece of trash who will hopefully have his career ended with a cheap shot one day, since he seems to be unable to make up his own mind to retire himself.

Enjoy spending the summer on your father's rink in Sweden douchebag!

Peter Forsberg is a piece of trash who will hopefully have his career ended with a cheap shot one day, since he seems to be unable to make up his own mind to retire himself.

Enjoy spending the summer on your father's rink in Sweden douchebag!

I think he retired during the first period only to un-retire during the intermission.

I think he retired during the first period only to un-retire during the intermission.

It was especially hilarious how those idiot fans went into a frenzy each time he got the puck, as if he was going to take over the game like no one has done since Bobby Orr. :lol:

Instead, his only contribution to the game were those stupid penalties that he picked up. I guess in the end he did make a difference after all. For the other team, that is.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=280429017

First off, you completely contradicted yourself. Did you "barely touch him" or did you make him bleed? Do you think he knocked his own tooth out to "make it look good"?

Secondly, where the hell do you get off criticizing ANYONE for "selling a call"? If someone knocked out your tooth, not only would you miss 3 weeks, but you'd be wearing a Dan Cleary facemask when you came back.

Go tear your groin again you pathetic piece of crap. What a ****** bag.

Yeah, Floppy is pretty bad so far as trying to sell calls. But I believe him when he says he "didn' even know he hit sammy" and "didn't hit him that hard". I feel the 2nd comment is not a contradiction so much as a continuation of the story. Initially he didn't know he hit sammy. Well, if he didn't even know he hit him, but knowing that he did via the blood, the penalty, etc....he feels he didn't hit him that hard.

Its beleivable but people are right, the guy flops so much he has no business calling out others.

Of course the biggest flop of the night award goes to Ben Guite on Zetterberg. How refs can't see that's a dive I have no clue. Why have a ******* diving penalty if you're never going to call it.

And where's the ******* respect for the game. I never sold a call in my entire life. I was taught that you stay on your goddamned feet no matter what and the rest will take care of itself. This falling on your ass when somebody grazes you makes me want to vomit. Its one of the few things I hate about hockey and enrages me so much I want to put my fist through a wall. No goddamn integrity anymore.! :ranting:

Yeah, Floppy is pretty bad so far as trying to sell calls. But I believe him when he says he "didn' even know he hit sammy" and "didn't hit him that hard". I feel the 2nd comment is not a contradiction so much as a continuation of the story. Initially he didn't know he hit sammy. Well, if he didn't even know he hit him, but knowing that he did via the blood, the penalty, etc....he feels he didn't hit him that hard.

Its beleivable but people are right, the guy flops so much he has no business calling out others.

Of course the biggest flop of the night award goes to Ben Guite on Zetterberg. How refs can't see that's a dive I have no clue. Why have a ******* diving penalty if you're never going to call it.

And where's the ******* respect for the game. I never sold a call in my entire life. I was taught that you stay on your goddamned feet no matter what and the rest will take care of itself. This falling on your ass when somebody grazes you makes me want to vomit. Its one of the few things I hate about hockey and enrages me so much I want to put my fist through a wall. No goddamn integrity anymore.! :ranting:

Amen! If I wanted to watch a sport where flopping is rewarded, I'd watch the NBA playoffs

he sold that pretty good if you ask me:

look at 00:39 - 00:41

not to defend what forsberg was saying but sammy is a *****. look at his reaction ffs. does anyone see the resemblence of a certain avery-jagr incident? (not saying this is as bad) the way he jumps and twist with his whole body just makes it look so .........unnatural.

no offense but you're Swedish, and I've found that most Swedes, even some that are RW fans, are biased for Forsfairy.

thanks for posting the vid because looking at the close up replay there's NO WAY you can say that wan't intentional from Forsfairy. He completely comes across with his stick at face level, he knew exactly what he was doing and that he'd make contact with Sammy's face. That movement wasn't connected to the lifting of the stick, it came after and was completely seperate. And the only thing you can do is critisize how Sammy falls down. As far as I'm concerned he's lucky the league doesn't fine or suspend him.

Is it a natural movement to slash somebody's face with a hockey stick?

and Forsfairy calling anybody a diver is really hypocritical. LMAO :)