• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Avalanche Warning

Congratulations Folks

Rate this topic

Thanks. I was pleased to see the Avs still trying and not just flat out give up. Shows real class on their part, and great to see the crowd respond to Sakic. I still remember how I felt after the loss to the Oilers watching Stevie skate off the ice. If Sakic retires, the game will lose one of the greatest captains it has ever seen. Mad respect for Sakic.

I was actually kind of hoping Sakic would score a goal in the closing seconds of the game personally. I get a feeling he'll be back though.

I can't see Joe retiring just yet. He's got a couple years left in him yet. If he does retire though, his number deserves to be shot up to the rafters at the Pepsi Center immediately.

Sorry we couldn't put up much of a fight. I got kind of emotional near the end thinking it could be Sakics last game. Good luck vs Dallas.

While I'm definitely glad the Wings put this series away early, it's unfortunate that your team could never really be at full strength health wise and Theodore just went down south this series for too many stretches.

I hope to see Sakic return as well.

Hopefully you'll stick around here in the forums some as well.

It was amazing to hear all the fans cheer when Colorado scored again. Great bunch of fans despite being in such a hole. It sounded like they had just won in triple overtime with that goal.

Very classy :thumbup:

Edited by Nero

Sorry we couldn't put up much of a fight. I got kind of emotional near the end thinking it could be Sakics last game. Good luck vs Dallas.

Too bad about the injuries. I hope Sakic doesn't retire: he's a class act.

Congrats guys you were clearly the better team out there in this series and I was foolish to think I wanted to see the avs play the wings.

now on to rooting for the Penguins, the team I rooted for before the avalanche came to be.

I think a Penguins- wings series would be very interesting. Young vs old.

I'll say this right now... If this happened to the Wings in Detroit, subtract about 3/4 of the people who stayed to watch the remainder of the Avs game, and that's how many people you would see in the seats at the Joe.

Thanks Avs fans!! It takes balls to come on here and say that! Very Classy! And I hope that Joe does not hang it up! I always liked Joe even when the rivaly was at its peak, he is very classy and gets overlooked a lot, and I could never understand that!! I feel that this series would have been better if you guys would have been healthy, and its too bad we couldn't see that, I think if the Wings would have benefitted more by beating a healthy stocked team! Goodluck to you all in the offseason, and I would like to see you all stick around with us! Thanks Again!!

I'll say this right now... If this happened to the Wings in Detroit, subtract about 3/4 of the people who stayed to watch the remainder of the Avs game, and that's how many people you would see in the seats at the Joe.

Well, that's because half of the people at the Pepsi Center were Wings fans, and only like 10% of the the fans at the Joe are foreign. So yeah, if Detroit lost there'd be more empty seats but it wouldn't reflect much. It seemed like most of the Colorado totally bailed on the Avs, except for that one goal.

Wings must have cursed us. I dont think we played one game against you all season with a healthy roster lol. Anyways, Congrats Wings. You were clearly the better team. Despite being an Avs fan, I have tremendous respect for your organization and all the success you guys have. Good luck the rest of the way.