• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Avalanche Warning

Congratulations Folks

Rate this topic

Very classy of the AVs fans to post this! I know that if you hadn't been plagued with injuries this would have been a tough series.

Here's to next year with healthy teams! :thumbup:

Edited by dawings

Very classy!

Joe Sakic is the only Avs player from that era that doesnt make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. A great guy, a great player, and a great leader. Why any Wings fan would hate on him is beyond me.

Ditto. The one Avs player I have never been able to bring myself to hate. A class act all the way.

Well, I would like to sympathise with the Avs injury woes, but that would be a lie ;)

Having said that, Joe Sakic is a classy player who still looks to have something in the tank, so I hope he doesn't retire.

Thanks :thumbup: . You're a classy fan.. I really hope that it's not Burnaby Joe's last season, I still think he was what it takes to play in the NHL.. And I have my fingers crossed that Joe will play for Team Canada in 2010 since it's in Vancouver, and I will be going and would love to see him there.. Joe is a class act

Thank you for posting! Much appreciated.

I hope Sakic returns too, he's a great player! I expect his number to be retired right along with him, if he does decide to hang them up.

Good luck next season, I hope we get to play the Avs with a full, healthy roster!

Classy through and through :thumbup:

And I don't see Joe retiring either - unless the organization doesn't get better in the offseason, otherwise he has a good enough team to compete for a cup yet again next year.

Just sucks that you guys couldn't have all your players healthy. As a Wings fan, I love a sweep but as a hockey fan, I want both teams on every given night to be healthy so I can see the best game possible. The entire series changes with a healthy Foppa, Smyth, Stastny, Hannan, Theodore, etc

Wings must have cursed us. I dont think we played one game against you all season with a healthy roster lol. Anyways, Congrats Wings. You were clearly the better team. Despite being an Avs fan, I have tremendous respect for your organization and all the success you guys have. Good luck the rest of the way.

I don't know about in the regular season, but I'm going to be supersticious and say that by touching the octopus.... well, you know the rest :)

Thanks again for posting. I hope to see you guys around here more often next season!

Classy indeed!

This picture is an example of the "class" of hockey

handshake1.jpg

Man, I love the handshake!

Well yeah, that's classy, but what seperates that from the end of any other playoff series?

Thanks! I thought both teams showed some class last night. Wings: played our 3rd-4th line most of the 3rd period. And didn't put our top PP unit out for the last one (well, um I guess calling Franzen not the top unit might be a bit of a stretch right now ;) ). Avs: was really kind of glad they didn't try to goon it up when the game got out of control - and that was early on. I suppose when you are losing that badly and there is no next game, what's the point?

Anyhow I stayed until the bitter end (with my Avs friend). Hey I thought it was pretty cool that the Avs players saluted the crowd there after the handshake - I even cheered loudly for them!!

My advice as a Wings fan in Avs town: 1) let go of the past - Forsberg will likely retire anyways but focus on new, young, different (ie Foote kind of sucked all series) 2) don't resign Theo. is there anyone else out there? maybe not. But Budaj can do just as good of a job and Theo wont get you far in the playoffs, and finally 3) don't give Quenneville a new contract! Nice enough guy if you have no aspirations of winning the Cup - but very average as a coach. 0-8 vs your rival?? And factor in he could never beat the Wings in St. Louis either. Some rivalries don't tolerate that (see John Cooper, Lloyd Carr). Move on there also. (please can Granato too).

Better luck next year! Come back Joe!

To the Avs fans....thank you for generous gesture, so sorry the team wasn't healthy, that's sports..... Joe has to come back... he can't exit like this... on the other hand, why not?.... against his fiercest foe?

Well yeah, that's classy, but what seperates that from the end of any other playoff series?

Nothing, I was just making a general comment about how the end of a series handshake is such a cool and classy thing. A tradition that separates hockey from other sports.

Avs: was really kind of glad they didn't try to goon it up when the game got out of control - and that was early on. I suppose when you are losing that badly and there is no next game, what's the point?

I told my wife the same thing during the 3rd period. Remember Calgary last year? What a disgusting display that was...

I personally don't feel the animosity towards the Avs that I used to (except for Forsberg). They showed that, in spite of the team's general health or lack thereof, they weren't going to make excuses and play hard to the end. No cheap shots or intent to injure...just play a good, hard, clean game. Classy...very classy.

Here's to Super Joe. I hope he isn't ready to hang them up just yet. A good as an ambassador for the game that there is right now.

Oh, and to Peter Forsberg, good luck. I still don't like you as a player but you were fun to root against. Have a good retirement.

Edited by hamip1998

Sorry we couldn't put up much of a fight. I got kind of emotional near the end thinking it could be Sakics last game. Good luck vs Dallas.

SCREW YOU IDIOT! (This thread was starting to give me the creeps.)

Seriously though - I watched those games and Joey Sakic was not any of the reasons for the bad series. Don't worry about him. He's your version of Stevie, and will quit when he's not good anymore. Not until then.

.......and thanks for the well-wishes vs. Dallas.

aloha nui loa

EDIT:::::::::::::::::

Crapper - (I had to go look it up) - Sakic led your team in points for the playoffs?

Keep playing Joey - Lots of young new kids would sure like to lead their team in points after 2 rds.

Edited by DaKineMaui

Peter Forsberg announcers retirement... :( It's been one heck of a ride Peter.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=236622&lid...s=topStory_main

Who's going to believe the boy who cried wolf?

This idiot will probably rejoin the team in March next year if he feels that they have a shot at the playoffs again.

Peter Forsberg announcers retirement... :( It's been one heck of a ride Peter.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=236622&lid...s=topStory_main

Uh-huh. Kind of like Hasek retired, right? Oh, and Forsberg himself in early March "I'm done I cannot play anymore"

Don't cry too hard. Tomorrow could be a different story.

Who's going to believe the boy who cried wolf?

This idiot will probably rejoin the team in March next year if he feels that they have a shot at the playoffs again.

Uh-huh. Kind of like Hasek retired, right? Oh, and Forsberg himself in early March "I'm done I cannot play anymore"

Don't cry too hard. Tomorrow could be a different story.

Did either of you click the link? I dunno about you but I got rick rolled :lol::clap: