• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SouthernWingsFan

7-0 or 8-2

Rate this topic

Which Avs whipping was more impressive?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which butt whipping was the most impressive?

7-0 in 2002, or 8-2 this evening.

Nothing against the Avalanche of current, but I'll go with the 7-0 affair as it was against a lineup (I am assuming) that was pretty much healthy.

While I think tonight the Red Wings showed their skill more than the other game, in some instances in an extremely sick/ridiculous manner, it wasn't against the Avs 100% healthy team.

Press the issue!

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

No question at all. 7-0, 2002 Wings send Patty Waahhh packing, shut them out, and the Avs actually had most of their team on the ice, healthy, for that series.

Not to take anything from tonight's effort (I love a good drubbing, anytime), but these Avs were no match for the Wings.

7-0 was more clutch, and a healthier roster, so impressive.

HOWEVER, for conversational purposes, this one did have perks. Franzen breaking Howe's record, and the ridiculous goal scored by Hank. The 7-0 game didn't really have any notable highlights to that extent. I'll say the 7-0 victory just for the clutch factor, and ending assclown's career.

Edit: didn't end his career, I forgot he retired the season after... But it ended his playoff career.

Edited by BeeRYCE

7-0 was more clutch, and a healthier roster, so impressive.

HOWEVER, for conversational purposes, this one did have perks. Franzen breaking Howe's record, and the ridiculous goal scored by Hank. The 7-0 game didn't really have any notable highlights to that extent. I'll say the 7-0 victory just for the clutch factor, and ending assclown's career.

:lol::lol:

Greatest memory of Patty Roy the Irishman (as my dad likes to call him) is his last game in Montreal. I swear I can remember him actually getting out of the net when we'd shoot the puck so that it would go in.

The only actual argument one could even muster for tonight's beat down being more severe then our 7-0 drubbing was if you looked at the sweep as a whole, the 8-2 just being an exclamation mark. You could possibly argue the absurdity of the calls that the Avs scored their 2 goals on as well, though I still don't think that pushes it over the previous 7-0 against Roy.

Without question 7-0! But sweeping a team in the final game by a score of 8-2 is Frickin AWESOME!! I didn't see this coming at all! I thought this game would be much closer! Aren't we all glad Holland didn't trade the farm for Floppa!! I think its time he hangs it up! This eries just didn't have the same hate and feeling that the 2002 series had. Seems to me that after the 5-1 pimp smacking we out on them in Game 2, that they just quit, well everyone except Adam Foote, even though ti Hate him, I respect him because he plays his A@# off!

the fact that there are 6 votes for 8-2 concerns me.

Take into account that maybe some people who voted didn't watch hockey and/or the Wings back then.

But yeah, anyone who knows, can without hesitation pick the 7-0 victory. So many factors come into play, it's unanimous.