• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Congrats to Joe Sakic

Rate this topic

it won't be his last, he's stated or at least hinted many times in interviews that he doesn't want to retire, he still has a passion for the game mentally and physically

He truly is one of the most accomplished hockey players ever.

Hart, Pearson, Conn Smythe, Olympic gold medal, 2 Cups, and one of the most clutch playoff performers ever. Great guy, great player.

yeah for sure. what a great hockey player. i just wish he would have been on a better team :P ..nah awesome awesome player

Agree. but mind you Wings rule

I have always been a Joe Sakic fan. I understand that he plays for the enemy, but still one hell of a hockey player and comes across as a true gentleman.

I do hope that he sticks around for another year or two.

Let's GO Wings!!!

I don't understand the talk about Sakic retiring. Where did this come from? The guy is still relatively young (but then again, being a Wings fan, maybe we're just used to older players), and he's still putting up the same points as he did years ago.

Why, exactly, would he retire now?

I don't understand the talk about Sakic retiring. Where did this come from? The guy is still relatively young (but then again, being a Wings fan, maybe we're just used to older players), and he's still putting up the same points as he did years ago.

Why, exactly, would he retire now?

Maybe because he had Hernia surgery and he may not be at 100%. He is one of the best face off men in the league. He needs to stay in the game until he is at least 40. I am a fan of his and I hope he doesn't retire.

IT was a classy move though by Quenville to let him take the last shift if it was his last shift.

I wish Babcock would have let Stevie do that.

Sakic ranks amongst the most respected players of all time.

1. Steve Yzerman

2. Bobby Orr

3. Mario Lemieux

4. Joe Sakic