• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
barnettkid14

Game 4 blowout to lure Brunnstrom?

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I don't see any postings on this but does anyone think Holland and Babcock pushed the Wings to try to run up the score? I mean, a player that the majority of the NHL is tying to sign was there to meet the team. I think that may be why the Wings didn't slow things down after getting up by 3 or 4 goals. What does everyone else think??

If anything, that game illustrates why Brunnstrom WON'T get the top 6 playing time he's looking for here in Detroit. The top two lines were dominant, and most, if not all of them are locked up or soon will be. He has no place on either of those lines, especially not if he's trying to blackmail his way up there.

He'd definitely have to spend a season or so down in GR, and he's already indicated he has no desire for that. I see him bound for a perennial loser if he wants guaranteed top 6 minutes. Wings don't need him.

i think that had nothing to do with it. this is a professional hockey team and they try to win every game the same way regardless of who is watching from the stands.

Brunnstrom is going to do what he wants. The blowout won't sway his decision one way or the other. I am sure he was looking at the class of the organization, coaches, ownership, and so on.

If he was at the New York/Pitt game last night, and was in the ownership box of the penguins, I think he would have been turned off by the slewfoot move of Malkin that got him a 10 minute minor. Those kinds of classless acts are probably the things that would sway his decision to move away from a city instead of to it.

Brunnstrom is going to do what he wants. The blowout won't sway his decision one way or the other. I am sure he was looking at the class of the organization, coaches, ownership, and so on.

If he was at the New York/Pitt game last night, and was in the ownership box of the penguins, I think he would have been turned off by the slewfoot move of Malkin that got him a 10 minute minor. Those kinds of classless acts are probably the things that would sway his decision to move away from a city instead of to it.

I'm not saying he's going to sign because of this one game, all I'm saying is that the guys may have been trying a bit harder since he was in attendance.

I doubt he had any affect on the game last night. Hell I'd be surprised if the players even knew he was there.

But maybe the game made him think about the wings a bit more. I don't see why he definitely must have a season or two in GR, providing he's good enough. That said though i don't see him in a wings jersey at the end of the year.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I think the running up the score had everything to do with the fact that Whine Gretzky wasn't the coach... so he wouldn't complain!

I'm not saying he's going to sign because of this one game, all I'm saying is that the guys may have been trying a bit harder since he was in attendance.

Hrm...its possible. Look at how hard teams play when its a jersey retirement night or special guests are in the audience or being honored. Maybe the Wings were trying to impress him. However, I think that they were just playing to win the game and have this series over and done with. Having him around had nothing to do with it.

If it really did, then the Wings should pay him to stick around for the next month. :)

Hey guys, I don't see any postings on this but does anyone think Holland and Babcock pushed the Wings to try to run up the score? I mean, a player that the majority of the NHL is tying to sign was there to meet the team. I think that may be why the Wings didn't slow things down after getting up by 3 or 4 goals. What does everyone else think??

Not in a million years. Some prospect in attendance has no hindrance on how our boys play - and if it does, then shame on them, they should play that hard all the time lol. In all reality, the Wings could just do no wrong and the Avs caught no breaks. The better team won the series, and dominated the finale and that had nothing to do with Brunnstrom.

I completely agree. I don't think last night's outcome holds any bearing on what Brunnstrom does. He'll take a number of factors into his decision but an 8-2 blowout score (I would think) isn't one of them.

Edit: (Kelsey) Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

If anything, that game illustrates why Brunnstrom WON'T get the top 6 playing time he's looking for here in Detroit. The top two lines were dominant, and most, if not all of them are locked up or soon will be. He has no place on either of those lines, especially not if he's trying to blackmail his way up there.

Go watch the interview with him on TSN.ca. It's pretty obvious that the parading and guarantee-seeking are all a function of his agent, who's trying to cash in as big as he can. In the interview it's pretty apparent that Brunnstrom is tired and frustrated with the whole charade. He even said he's ready to work to earn an NHL roster spot, and that he's not sure he's NHL ready. Brunnstrom is an athlete. He wants nothing more than to put all the politics behind him and get to playing.

Someone here on LGW mentioned that Brunnstrom admitted he may not be as ready for the NHL as his agent is professing. In all likelyhood I wouldn't be surprisd if this is a case of some money grubbing agent trying to talk this kid into making some poor decisions. After watching Detroit dominate last night maybe he is realizing that he may not have the skill to perform at the level his agent is suggesting. Just looking at Franzenstein shows you how you gain success by working your way up (he wasn't drafted until the age of 25). He may want to sign with Detroit just for the fact that so many young players as of late have become successful in our system. If anyone has a source on what brunnstrom said, please list a source, I would like to see it for myself.

Go watch the interview with him on TSN.ca. It's pretty obvious that the parading and guarantee-seeking are all a function of his agent, who's trying to cash in as big as he can. In the interview it's pretty apparent that Brunnstrom is tired and frustrated with the whole charade. He even said he's ready to work to earn an NHL roster spot, and that he's not sure he's NHL ready. Brunnstrom is an athlete. He wants nothing more than to put all the politics behind him and get to playing.

ya, what you said.

If this was rec league hockey and an elite player was looking to break into the beginner division, score 5 goals a game, and have 100+ goals in 20 games or so, then it might matter. The reason I mention this is the top team in my beginner/intermediate ice hockey division has 2 players that used to play D1 ice hockey. They went undefeated last season and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I just found out today that they added another player that used to play in the AHL. I love it. :P

Anyway, this is the NHL where you are looking for a job in a sense. You are coveted by many workplaces (teams) and some of them are going to make you an offer. You will want to work (play hockey) at a place that is enjoyable. So do you go after the big paycheck or do you take a discount to play for a chance at a cup?

Thats what I think Bruunstrom is going to need to decide.

I don't think "running up the score" had anything to do with impressing Brunnstrom or anybody.... It had to do with the fact that this is the NHL, a professional sport, and while, obviously, you would play your best players less to avoid injury, you don't stop playing just because the other team does..... In my opinion no pro sports team should ever intentionally "slow things down" in that sense......

It was like when Canada's women's national team beat Italy's 16-1 (or something like that) and Italy's coach commended the Canadian coaching staff and players for playing their best to the final whistle so that the Italian team and players could take the full experience and learn from it and use it to make them better in preparation for any future international events.....

In all likelyhood I wouldn't be surprisd if this is a case of some money grubbing agent trying to talk this kid into making some poor decisions.

He'd get the same entry level contract regardless of where he signs.

If this was rec league hockey and an elite player was looking to break into the beginner division, score 5 goals a game, and have 100+ goals in 20 games or so, then it might matter. The reason I mention this is the top team in my beginner/intermediate ice hockey division has 2 players that used to play D1 ice hockey. They went undefeated last season and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I just found out today that they added another player that used to play in the AHL. I love it. :P

Anyway, this is the NHL where you are looking for a job in a sense. You are coveted by many workplaces (teams) and some of them are going to make you an offer. You will want to work (play hockey) at a place that is enjoyable. So do you go after the big paycheck or do you take a discount to play for a chance at a cup?

Thats what I think Bruunstrom is going to need to decide.

For the last time! Every team is offering the EXACT same contract to him. He can only make first year money. Money has absolutely NO baring on this kid. It is 100% on what city he likes the best and what franchise can give him the best future security and where he would feel the most comfortable.

Guest Crymson

Nope.

He'd get the same entry level contract regardless of where he signs.

That all depends on the stipulations of the bonuses. They will likely be a combination of performance and number of games played. If Brunnstrom spends a significant portion of the season in the minors he wont hit his bonuses. I highly doubt there will be any GMs who will just hand over the bonus without any guarantee on the number of games played or points he gets. So, it is in the best interest of the agent to get a guarentee from the team that he will play a certain number of games ang get top 6 minutes.

Edited by stud_defenseman

For the last time! Every team is offering the EXACT same contract to him. He can only make first year money. Money has absolutely NO bearing on this kid. It is 100% on what city he likes the best and what franchise can give him the best future security and where he would feel the most comfortable.

I don't know if I would say that... think in terms of next year and near future, if he goes to a team where he actually gets ice time, he could get more money in the near future where as if he goes to a team where he gets little or no chance to prove himself, how much of a bump is he going to get, if any.

Another question is; does he see himself as a person who can make a team "great" on his own, by carrying it all on his shoulders or does he want to be part of a great team, where he shares the responsibility, ice time and glory?

That all depends on the stipulations of the bonuses. They will likely be a combination of performance and number of games played. If Brunnstrom spends a significant portion of the season in the minors he wont hit his bonuses. I highly doubt there will be any GMs who will just hand over the bonus without any guarantee on the number of games played or points he gets. So, it is in the best interest of the agent to get a guarentee from the team that he will play a certain number of games ang get top 6 minutes.

If he hits all of his bonuses and if you include his contract into his final payout, the max he can get is like around 1.6 mil, that' 800K for salary and 800K for bonuses and all teams are offering that exact thing.

But like you did say, one team may say if you play 80 games you get 100K while another team says if you play 40 game you get 100K. Likewise, one team cans ay you get 20 goals you get 500K while another team says you get 50 points you get 500K, it's all up to how much and how long he is willing for the bonuses, but i suspect every team is offering the same circumstances on bonuses.

I don't know if I would say that... think in terms of next year and near future, if he goes to a team where he actually gets ice time, he could get more money in the near future where as if he goes to a team where he gets little or no chance to prove himself, how much of a bump is he going to get, if any.

Another question is; does he see himself as a person who can make a team "great" on his own, by carrying it all on his shoulders or does he want to be part of a great team, where he shares the responsibility, ice time and glory?

Well it would be a 3 year contract since all teams are offering the max to him. And since it sounds like through his own media commetns he is humble and doesn't want to be "the man". I guess if you look at it this way, he could pad his stats with the Wings and make it look like his numbers are better than they actually are and get a better contract in the long run i.e. Backstrom, where as someone like Kane's stats are a better indicator of him.