• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedLightGoesOn

WCF: Detroit vs. Dallas

Rate this topic

I've seen both of these teams play alot this year and I'm excited for this series and our chances of winning it.

Turco is one of those goaltenders who has the potential to make some mind boggling saves and give in some softies at the same time. He is playing out of this world right now. He's answered the 'playoff choker' label pretty convincingly...in fact that entire argument has been overblown for a while now. Dallas lost b/c it couldn't score. HOWEVER...we can shatter his confidence with a big game in Game 1. I don't think we can lose the series that early, but if we come out and overwhelm Turco the way we did Theodore, his confidence and the "You can't win at JLA" will seep in immediately...paving the way for a shorter series.

ZDH vs. Ribeiro-Morrow-Lehtinen. Interesting matchup...Lehtinen has been an elite defensive stopper for a long time, so both of these lines can go both ways. Ribeiro is gonna fade...I can smell it. His game is patience and cute passing, the kind of stuff our D eats for breakfast. If you watched the season series, you'll notice that when the Wings had the lead late, Dallas couldn't even enter the zone. Puck possession=fail.

Morrow is another animal...if Dallas throws pucks at the net with Morrow there all series, we could get lit up. I expect us to know where he is at all times and get position on him. I truly believe that his dominance in front of the net is Dallas' best chance to beat us. Their other Wingers are average. Eriksson, Hagman, Lundqvist, Ott should not beat us.

Richards is good, and Modano, while still somewhat effective, is living off of the PP and is nowhere near the force he once was. In the end I like our depth, discipline and top-end talent over theirs. Wings in six.

Edited by WingFanInStarLand

A 7 day period before rounds = RIDICULOUS.

I refuse to predict how many games this will take but we are winning the cup this year and that's all that matters.

Deeeeeeeeetroit.

i personally think the Wings can and WILL take this series BUT:

why are so many of you so sure Marty Turco is just going to stink up the place? he made what, 61 saves last game!? thats incredible. hes been playing incredible.

i really dunno what to expect...

Did Theodore not play incredible before the Detroit match-up? All great things must come to an end.

It's oft-repeated here but I think the "WE OWN TURCO" talk is very, very overblown. We haven't faced Dallas in the playoffs with him in net, and while the Wings probably *are* in his kitchen -- whether he admits it or not -- all it will take is a Game 1 Dallas win and all of the "he can't win at the Joe" talk is moot.

Then what is it for Game 2? "Well, he's ONLY WON ONCE AT THE JOE!" Come on guys...

This series is going to be a battle.

Richards is good, and Modano, while still somewhat effective, is living off of the PP and is nowhere near the force he once was. In the end I like our depth, discipline and top-end talent over theirs. Wings in six.

It should be noted that Modano now plays as checking (3rd) line center and power play.... it isn't suprising he is scoring his goals on the power play rather than while shutting down the other teams top forward line.

Wings in a sweep again.

Dallas has gotten the monkey off their back with two playoff wins after they've sucked for so long in the playoffs. However, the Wings had one goal in mind before the season began, and that was to win the Cup. I seriously doubt the Dallas Stars had that goal before the season, since they couldn't even get out of the 1st round every year before that. The Wings are more motivated and are a better team.

The only thing I'm worried about is their forechecking game, and our defense has to be quicker at getting the puck of the zone, since we've struggled with that in the past with forechecking teams.

I'm a big believer in what happens in the regular season will happen in the playoffs. Dallas has owned San Jose, and Anaheim in regular season, so they did it in the playoffs. Detroit has owned Dallas in the regular season, lets hope they do it in the playoffs.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Every spell is broken sooner or later. I really hope this is not the year that Turco wakes up from his.

Yes a spell will be broken but i predict it will be turco's good play. Our forwards our too talented for the likes of a 80% Zubov, an aged Normstrom, and Robidas.

I'm a big believer in what happens in the regular season will happen in the playoffs. Dallas has owned San Jose, and Anaheim in regular season, so they did it in the playoffs. Detroit has owned Dallas in the regular season, lets hope they do it in the playoffs.

Exactly. I pinned Dallas as winning both those, they matched up incredibly well to both of those teams. The only problem is the wings play a similar style as the stars, ONLY MUCH MORE EFFICENT AND TALENTED.

WINGS IN 5

It should be noted that Modano now plays as checking (3rd) line center and power play.... it isn't suprising he is scoring his goals on the power play rather than while shutting down the other teams top forward line.

Absolutely...playing with any combo of Ott and Stu Barnes will drag your numbers down...he's not a primary scorer anymore, so why do people keep saying he is? He has looked very good on the PP recently, but the Modano of old shut people down while dominating at the other end. He isn't that player anymore, and he really hasn't been since 2002-2003 (when Guerin played on his wing and scored a ton). Mo has been good in these playoffs, but let's not think of him as a number 1 center playing a number 3 role, cuz he isnt.

Absolutely...playing with any combo of Ott and Stu Barnes will drag your numbers down...he's not a primary scorer anymore, so why do people keep saying he is? He has looked very good on the PP recently, but the Modano of old shut people down while dominating at the other end. He isn't that player anymore, and he really hasn't been since 2002-2003 (when Guerin played on his wing and scored a ton). Mo has been good in these playoffs, but let's not think of him as a number 1 center playing a number 3 role, cuz he isnt.

He's a hell of 3rd line center though. 10 points and 2 game winners in 2 series. 16th overall in playoff scoring, so far this year. Those are solid 3rd line numbers.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
He's a hell of 3rd line center though. 10 points and 2 game winners in 2 series. 16th overall in playoff scoring, so far this year. Those are solid 3rd line numbers.

we have a 4thliner with 9 points in 10 games with like 11 minutes of ice time.

Wings in 6.....Dallas knows they will have their hands full and they're tired!

On another note , did anyone notice the opposing teams of each CF start with the same letter?

Once we solve Turco, the party is over...................No one is going to stop this team this year ! I have said it since the Nashville series.The mission is the cup and WE WILL PREVAIL !! Dallas can't match our skill, determination or speed.

Wings in 5.

I know I am not the first to say it, but this series will be all about goaltending. If Osgood can match Turco, the Wings win in 6 games. If Turco outplays Osgood, it will go 7 games and be a tossup. If Osgood outplays Turco, then the Wings will sweep or win in 5 games.

It will be very interesting to see how the Wings come out in this series. Will they be dominant like they were last series? Will Dallas outplay and outwork them? Will there be rust from sitting so long? Will Dallas be tired and battered after finishing on Tuesday morning?

Lots of questions to be answered. We will start getting those answers on Thursday at 7:30.

I know I am not the first to say it, but this series will be all about goaltending. If Osgood can match Turco, the Wings win in 6 games. If Turco outplays Osgood, it will go 7 games and be a tossup. If Osgood outplays Turco, then the Wings will sweep or win in 5 games.

It will be very interesting to see how the Wings come out in this series. Will they be dominant like they were last series? Will Dallas outplay and outwork them? Will there be rust from sitting so long? Will Dallas be tired and battered after finishing on Tuesday morning?

Lots of questions to be answered. We will start getting those answers on Thursday at 7:30.

Not to split hairs, but you mean Monday morning.....but your point is well taken. That being said, three full days of rest will do a world of good for Dallas, but not enough time to get rid of the bumps and bruises from their "7+ Game" second round.

I think Dallas will trap, trap, trap. Will the Wings respond by peppering Turco with perimeter shots and not following them up? As they did in years past?

If so, this will be a long, frustrating and boring series with Dallas coming out on top. If they can get to the front of the net like they have in the past two series I think the Wings win it handily.