• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96warrior

Monday practice notes/Flippula not on ice

Rate this topic

In the 3rd period of the last game Babcock sat the top line all but a couple of shifts at the begining. About half way through the period, Holmstrom started playing on Franzen's line and Fil didn't play again. I didn't see him get hurt, and he was out there for the handshakes... but I thought at the time he was probably hurt or sick.

In the 3rd period of the last game Babcock sat the top line all but a couple of shifts at the begining. About half way through the period, Holmstrom started playing on Franzen's line and Fil didn't play again. I didn't see him get hurt, and he was out there for the handshakes... but I thought at the time he was probably hurt or sick.

F'ing Theodore; figured if he was going down he was going to try to take someone with him...

Post-practice update

I spoke with Valtteri Filppula. He downplayed his injury, saying that he "just didn't skate today" and that "hopefully" he'll be ready for Game 1.

Kirk Maltby, who will be in the lineup if Filppula can't go, said "When called upon, just be ready ... that's my job."

Bruce has further updated his posting:

I spoke with Valtteri Filppula. He downplayed his injury, saying that he "just didn't skate today" and that "hopefully" he'll be ready for Game 1.

Kirk Maltby, who will be in the lineup if Filppula can't go, said "When called upon, just be ready ... that's my job."

Coach Mike Babcock said that Filppula is "just about ready to play."

from MLIVE:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/

Update from Monday's practice: Forward Valtteri Filppula didn't skate because of a twisted leg he sustained in Game 4 vs. Colorado. But he said he feels better and expects to play in Game 1 Thursday.

Defenseman Chris Chelios practiced and said he'll be ready to play. He missed the last game with what he called a lower-body injury.

I don't care who is in the lineup, Babcock has proven to me that he knows what lines work and which one's don't. I'd love to see Malts back in, but with the way Helm has been playing I don't know how you could do that.

Yeah, just catching up on this thread. I love Malts to play too, but you have to leave those decisions to the one's getting paid to make 'em.................................

I am glad that Helm is still in instead of Hartigan. As for Flip...I am still not completely sold on him, but for the sake of keeping a winning line up together, I am glad he is probably going to be ok.

So in playoffs-speak, what does a twisted leg work out to? Slight concussion? Cracked ribs? Undisclosed shoulder injury?

Well, I thought "groin" really meant "feet" for Floppa, so maybe we're all being honest now?

I am glad that Helm is still in instead of Hartigan. As for Flip...I am still not completely sold on him, but for the sake of keeping a winning line up together, I am glad he is probably going to be ok.

I think we are all a little relieved it was just a typo! As for Flip, you gotta give him some credit, 5pts in 10 games (all even strength points) while being 7th in +/- and having no PIM, not to mention he has been playing with a nagging groin injury.

Guest drwings1

glad that was a typo!! helm brings way more to the table than hartigan

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I think we are all a little relieved it was just a typo! As for Flip, you gotta give him some credit, 5pts in 10 games (all even strength points) while being 7th in +/- and having no PIM, not to mention he has been playing with a nagging groin injury.

You don't have to give him credit at all. his linemate has 3 times as many points on him. Thats kind of a diffirance in production. when we average over 5 goals a game in a series having 5 points in 10 games isnt pushing the envelope for a second line forward.

We're fine either way. Maltby in more energy, Flip in more scoring punch.

agreed. i'm still in favor of the "if it ain't broke..." argument. yeah, fil's numbers aren't red hot, but we're doing fine. if we lose game one and he's invisible, i could see malts coming in for him, particularly if he's still a bit injured.

thank god helm is still playing.