• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DallasStars

Hello from Dallas

Rate this topic

I believe this is going to be one classic series. Here's to Madano, Morrow, Turco having great games. Although they won't be enough for Stars to stop the powerhouse that the Wings have become in the playoffs. :siren: Well, maybe it's me. I could be too optimistic

Welcome DallasStars. Congrats to your team for taking out Anaheim and San Jose. :thumbup:

I've always enjoyed the Wings-Stars rivarly, it was fun being in the same division. It was either us or the Stars who'd take home the division title, untill the League put us with Nashville, Columbus, Chicago, and St. Louis.

For a number of years we've had Turco's number, but we'll see what happens in the playoffs. This is why they play....

Welcome aboard Stars fan, I wish that the best team win, and I hop that it is the Wings!!!!

Welcome aboard! It's going to be an interesting series for me considering Dallas is one of my favorite Western teams. I love it when other fans come on to our boards because I go to other boards on occasion as well. It's good to get perspective! That being said, GO WINGS!

...so, welcome Dallas, I am not gonna say anything bad about you or your team. I read a lot of those posts on the Stars forum, I tried to sign up so I could give my 2 cents, but have yet to receive my email password anyhow, I am going to try to give my most unbiased opinion of this series, hopefully you can send it on to your fellow fans on your forum for I don't have the time to wait to get my password...

..ok, the Dallas Stars, they fought through two very tough 6 game series, they could have been the toughest (body checking and hitting) series so far this playoff. That stops here. The Wings can play that style, they proved it last playoff season. Sure the Stars are a far more physical team than Detroit, but that is not going to matter...

...The Ducks, the Sharks both dump and chase teams, physical in your face hockey. The Wings, puck possession, speed, puck possession, speed, speed, speed. The Stars will try to stop that speed, they will try to stop the puck possession, but as the Avs seen in game 3, the league is serious about the hooking and grabbing, so after they take about 8 penatlies they will be forced to try to play the Detroit style of play (also as the Avs did) and that will just lead to multiple odd man rushes, and poor Turco will be left out to dry (as Theodore and Budjai were.) They ONLY way Dallas wins this series is if the refs put the whistle away early and allow the Jacques Lemaire style of play. The NHL wants offense, the public (non-traditional fans) want to see goals, the two teams that would provide the best entertainment in the Finals are Detroit and Pittsburgh. Look for those two teams to be able to play thier respective games and both make it to the finals. Look for the refs to call the interference and hooking all series long and when it turns into a Detroit style game, the Stars have no chance. Wings in 5 at most...

...so, welcome Dallas, I am not gonna say anything bad about you or your team. I read a lot of those posts on the Stars forum, I tried to sign up so I could give my 2 cents, but have yet to receive my email password anyhow, I am going to try to give my most unbiased opinion of this series, hopefully you can send it on to your fellow fans on your forum for I don't have the time to wait to get my password...

..ok, the Dallas Stars, they fought through two very tough 6 game series, they could have been the toughest (body checking and hitting) series so far this playoff. That stops here. The Wings can play that style, they proved it last playoff season. Sure the Stars are a far more physical team than Detroit, but that is not going to matter...

...The Ducks, the Sharks both dump and chase teams, physical in your face hockey. The Wings, puck possession, speed, puck possession, speed, speed, speed. The Stars will try to stop that speed, they will try to stop the puck possession, but as the Avs seen in game 3, the league is serious about the hooking and grabbing, so after they take about 8 penatlies they will be forced to try to play the Detroit style of play (also as the Avs did) and that will just lead to multiple odd man rushes, and poor Turco will be left out to dry (as Theodore and Budjai were.) They ONLY way Dallas wins this series is if the refs put the whistle away early and allow the Jacques Lemaire style of play. The NHL wants offense, the public (non-traditional fans) want to see goals, the two teams that would provide the best entertainment in the Finals are Detroit and Pittsburgh. Look for those two teams to be able to play thier respective games and both make it to the finals. Look for the refs to call the interference and hooking all series long and when it turns into a Detroit style game, the Stars have no chance. Wings in 5 at most...

Well, we have some defensive minded forwards that can skate. Toby Peterson, Jere Lehtinen, and even though I dont like this player all that much Antti Miettinen isn't immune to the occasional quality defense. But, yes, I do understand that Detroit has a different style than we've seen the first two rounds. The first round, I swear Anaheim would have skated past the puck with an open net if it ment they might check someone pretty hard. Complete idiots from what I saw. San Jose was way more disciplined with their dump and chase.

Detroit will be a tough task. You guys move the puck very well. We need to fill the lanes, do our best to cut you off at the blue line and force you to dump it in. Of course very easy to say and draw on a board, very difficult to do.

Turco will have to steal a game or two, no doubt. On the other hand, I am confident in our ability to score. You guys really havent faced a scoring threat that we have so far in the playoffs. And, if we could find a way to put up the amount of goals we did against Anaheim(best blue line IMO), I think we're gonna score some goals. It's just a matter of holding you guys down while we do it haha. Very tough.

Look forward to it.

Stars in 6.

I have been a rabid Stars fans at some points in my life - like say in '99 and '00 when the Stars played the Avs in the conference finals both years. the Wings were ousted by the Avs in round 2 both years - and the Stars then took care of business in the WCF! Of course just the one Cup - but a fun run!

Another thing that has attracted me to the Stars are your two Michigan boys - one native - Modano, and one who played for my alma mater (thanks for the natl title Marty).

Anyhow, all that said - nice job vs the Ducks and Sharks - but Wings in 6!! ;)

Hello folks,

Im not here to slander or put down your team in anyway. I just like to get the entire picture on the Stars' series. I look forward to this series. It's going to be on tough cookie for my Stars. This could be more entertaining than the future SC final. We'll see, I suppose.

Well, good luck to you folks and your team. Heres to an amazing series of quality hockey.

Wow! How nice is that. Looking forward to a tough fought series.

Welcome to the board!

Get bent ya Stars fan! Go back to Minnes.....er Dallas er whatever!!!!!!

(Sorry - the first 3 pages of this thread almost gave me diabetes.)

(welcome - good luck, no I-words for your guys either.)

Get bent ya Stars fan! Go back to Minnes.....er Dallas er whatever!!!!!!

(Sorry - the first 3 pages of this thread almost gave me diabetes.)

(welcome - good luck, no I-words for your guys either.)

diabeetus4.jpg