• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

TSN: Wings were "manhandled" by Ducks last yr

Rate this topic

TSN panel was discussing the upcoming Wings-Stars series when Gino Reda remarked that the Wings were "manhandled" by the Ducks in last year's west final. This made me laugh pretty hard and wonder if Reda watched last year's west finals. Making a bad prediction on a series beforehand is one thing, but to grossly misinterpret a series that badly after the fact....wow.

Yeah I had to put up with TSN all evening (don't have a choice, work at a sports bar), and it really pissed me off with how much dissing of the Wings they've been doing. It is getting worse and worse as time goes on. If they want to predict Dallas to win, thats fine, because I personally think both teams have a 50/50 chance in this one. But they don't stop there, they go on to ridicule the Wings every chance they get. Dallas has more depth, Dallas has better goal tending, Dallas is more physical, etc etc etc. If they are going to preview a series, they should do a rundown of the strengths and weaknesses of each team and then predict a winner, not praise the hell out of one team and diss another by all but saying the only reason they got where they are to is because of who they faced in rounds 1 and 2. It really makes me question why non Wing fans think that the media kisses the Wings ass so much, because they couldn't be more wrong. If we win this series, it's because we've had it so easy and Dallas was worn out. If we lose, it's because Dallas is SOOOO much of a better team, and we are old and washed up had-beens. If we beat the Pens in the finals, it's because Crosby is injured. If we lose, the old/slow/s***ty goal tending garbage will continue.

Another thing, there was one segment with Darren Dreger talking about Malkin. I swear to god he mentioned the guys name as many times as he could. "Evgeni Malkin can score goals, Evgeni Malkin can do this, Evgeni Malkin can do that, I want to make sweet love to Evgeni Malkin because I am a stupid biased prick, I like to picture Evgeni Malkin naked because he tickles my fancy, Evgeni Malkin floats my boat...."

Sorry bout the rant, I had to get it out!! TSN= :thumbdown:

I don't know what it is, but it seems like the Canadian media really dislikes the Wings. I know they obviously are going to prefer their Canadian teams to any American team, but they really have a problem with Detroit. I like watching HNIC on CBC, but there are so many times when they will totally ignore the Wings and not even talk about them, when it is just weird not to. For instance, this past Saturday they were going over the second round series, and they did not even mention Detroit's. This was after we had just swept the Avs two days before. Literally, they acted like our series did not even happen. Even my grandmother notices it, so you know it has to be pretty blatant. I have no idea why they have such a problem with the Wings up there, but there is no denying it.

i JUST heard that and came on here to make a thread about it. i really dont understand where they get these ridiculous ideas in their heads!? either way, detroit is the underdog going into the WCF against dallas and im okay with that.

detroit gets no respect.

most of the ANALysts say well turco is better so, dallas in 5. end of story.

Edited by 12Newf

With the exception of Game 5, I thought we were outplayed the last few games. I wouldn't say manhandled, but Anaheim definitely looked like the better team out there.

With the exception of Game 5, I thought we were outplayed the last few games. I wouldn't say manhandled, but Anaheim definitely looked like the better team out there.

They were more built-for-NHL-playoff-hockey.

We were less.

Either way, last year Anaheim had the easier path to the 3rd round, where we had to go through Calgary and San Jose. We were injured going into the Anaheim series and still gave them a run for their money. I am proud of what the boys accomplished last year, and to see TSN say the s*** they have been saying pisses me off as a die hard hockey fan. I just don't understand why they can't state facts, like how much potential this series has to be epic. The two best teams in the west are about to clash, and all they can do is kiss the Stars ass. Nothing against the Stars, they are a great team, but so are the Wings. This series is going to be really good, and it would be nice for the "experts" to acknowledge that for once.

Guest Crymson

Uh, game three? 5-0?

Only the Detroit Red Wings can win the President's Trophy to become the top seed in the NHL and still be the underdog throughout the playoffs.

Deja-voodoo...

I've heard THAT one before, and not just this year. Unbelievable, innit it?

I have to disagree. I think the series was almost completely even. I thought we looked like the better team in games 3,4,5 and the Ducks looked like the better team in games 1,2,6. They went 2-1 in their "good games," Wings went 1-2, plus we lost 2 OT games. I'm not saying they shouldn't have won, they won fair and square. I'm just saying it was an even series that really could have gone either way.

I don't know what it is, but it seems like the Canadian media really dislikes the Wings. I know they obviously are going to prefer their Canadian teams to any American team, but they really have a problem with Detroit. I like watching HNIC on CBC, but there are so many times when they will totally ignore the Wings and not even talk about them, when it is just weird not to. For instance, this past Saturday they were going over the second round series, and they did not even mention Detroit's. This was after we had just swept the Avs two days before. Literally, they acted like our series did not even happen. Even my grandmother notices it, so you know it has to be pretty blatant. I have no idea why they have such a problem with the Wings up there, but there is no denying it.

I totally agree. In Vancouver, there's rarely andy credit given to the Wings. You hardly hear anything about them, until all the sudden, Vancouver needs a GM and all you hear is "Kenny Holland, Jim Nil, Steve Yzerman!"

Once in a while Ray Nevarro comes on and talks about how good and how deep the wings are and how great the've been and somehow their depth talent like Franzen, Filpula, Cleary and Hudler have stayed under everybody

s radar.

Only the Detroit Red Wings can win the President's Trophy to become the top seed in the NHL and still be the underdog throughout the playoffs.

you could say the same about Flyers. they are a real team and as much

as I hate to see this happen they are perfectly capable of getting past

Pens despite all analysts handing this series to Crosby on a golden plate.

there are 30 teams in the NHL and those analysts need to follow all

(or most) of them to be able to make some guess. they don't follow

single teams closely and their picks are often based on past knowledge

and conclusions drawn from past facts. this is one of the reasons Wings

were sticked "underachiever" label this playoffs and only after beating

Dives the analysts started seeing a capable team here.

I really can't blame these guys for being unable to follow each single

fact and aspect of each single NHL team. or for having a carefully though

pick in a series that is everything but sure and which depends a lot

on how the first games unfold. it really is tough to predict series and

to see all factors involved.

honestly, fans who curse analysts for making picks should really make

reality check and try doing the same about other teams in contention.

then try write it down and post on message boards of involved teams

and don't just escape the bashing ;)

Who cares about last year ??

And who cares what "analysts" think as well.

They want to think the Wings got "manhandled" last year, that's fine, it's their opinion. I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over a sports opinion.

It doesn't change the fact that while they were outplayed physically to a small extent in that series, it isn't like they were cowering away, etc. etc. It also doesn't change the fact that the Wings are in the WCF again this year using a blend of "physical" hockey, to some degree.

Ya i know i heard that too ... lool i was laughing my ass off ... considering we were the only challenge to the ducks lol ... last time i checked we were the only team to have one 2 games against them

It's because we have lots of European players. That's why they all love the Ducks - lots of Canadian players.

That and the fact that we are consistantly one of the best teams in the league.

I totally agree. In Vancouver, there's rarely andy credit given to the Wings. You hardly hear anything about them, until all the sudden, Vancouver needs a GM and all you hear is "Kenny Holland, Jim Nil, Steve Yzerman!"

Once in a while Ray Nevarro comes on and talks about how good and how deep the wings are and how great the've been and somehow their depth talent like Franzen, Filpula, Cleary and Hudler have stayed under everybody

s radar.

"Ray Nevarro", "good", and "deep" are words that should never be used in the same sentence when responding to a thread that has "manhandle" in the title.

I must now bleach my brain.

:lol:

It's because we have lots of European players. That's why they all love the Ducks - lots of Canadian players.

That and the fact that we are consistantly one of the best teams in the league.

:thumbup::clap: