• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

The I Hate 'Insert Analyst's Name' Thread

Rate this topic

The I Hate 'Insert Analyst's Name' Thread  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given how so many people in here go so obnoxious and apes**t whenever somebody picks against the Wings or doesn't fully support the WINGS ROOL!!!!!!!! theory, this thread exists. Who makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up the highest and why? Press the issue!

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

i voted for drew sharp, but he sucks only a sliver more than pierre mcguire.

i think melrose is a knob, of course, but i've had a sort of crush on him since i was like 12. mullet and all. sick, i know!

and i love don cherry. he's the 7th greatest canadian, after all. haha he beat alexander graham bell! (really!) he's a bit abrasive sometime, yeah, and i don't always agree w/everything he says, but i think he's a hell of a guy and so good at what he does.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Pierre. Talk about an analysis that is spawned from the anus of stupidity.

Pierre was biased agaisnt us in the first round ill admit, but have you heard him speak of us after the sweep. He's on the bandwagon, and unlike drew sharpe and kara yokiro or w/e that dumb ******* name is he actaully knows stuff about hockey.

I hate Kara Yorio the most. I've never seen an article written by her that was worth reading. At least everyone else has some semblance of an idea of what hockey is about.

I took the other option and I will go with Mike Milbury, listening to quite possibly the worst general manager in the history of sports ramble on about how much he know's about trades and free agent signings makes my head hurt sooooo bad!!

can't quite understand why melrose has gone anti wings in recent yeaqs hell he played for the weyburn red wings in junior and detroit as an nhl'er

I honestly think these guys are just trying to keep up the blab factor on TV because in private they know who the powerhouse teams are and have a better insight in to injuries and dressing room scuttlebut at least they are more privy to that info if they bother to ask

It's their job to do the point- counterpoint thing just to keep us rubes watching and hopefully stir up some contraversy with outlandish statements just like the Bud light ads

Milbury is a very poor analyst also give him the hook any time now too !

I just hope we get to watch all these assholes eat crow in a few weeks

I'm boldly predicting we only need to play 11 more games to win it all

remember you heard it here first !!

Guest nutz2u

Cherry, he is so far ahead of the rest that It's impossible for me to sit and listen to him spew his drivel. Plus he looks like a monkey in his clown suits. He needs to change jobs and get a tin cup and an organ grinder.

Emrick/Olczyk are by far the worst and most annoying to me, I used to love Emrick back on FOX because of his enthusiasm but now it is just annoying ( I think VS/NBC have him get into it more to make the game seem more interesting) and Olczyk is by far the most annoying color guy I have ever heard, he gives nothing that gives me "insight" into the game.

Absolutely Drew Sharp. Not even close.

The others I may disagree with at times, but all of them, yes even Kara Yorio, typically know what they are talking about and have valid reasons for their opinions, even if what they say is unpopular. Sharp pretty much writes what he thinks will cause controversy, and in turn get him readers, and as a former columnist myself, that annoys me to no end.

He is also the endlessly pessimistic type. He is a Detroit-based writer who spends 99% of his time looking for reasons that Detroit teams WON'T win, rather than writing something positive or interesting about the teams he covers. Sharp is typically fairly detached from reality. An example of this is his pick of the 76ers sweeping the Pistons. The 76ers posed a challenge to the Pistons and won Game 1 only because the Pistons walked into that series underestimating their opponent. The talent level was an obvious mismatch, and Detroit wasn't going to go three consecutive games underestimating a capable opponent.

Drew Sharp, and it's not even close.

I hate people like McGuire, Yorio, and Mullet, but the stuff that Sharp writes is about a million times worse than anything than these guys put together. I'd say the only one who comes close to Sharp is Yorio, because she has almost no hockey (or sports) knowledge at all, and she trashes the Wings like shes a long time Blues fan or something. But even she can find a needle in a haystack every once in a while; Sharp, so far, hasn't accomplished that. His aritcles are nothing but unwarranted rants. The only time he's ever right is when he's talking about the Lions, but even that can get overly excessive (not quite as bad as Rob Parker, but that's a whole different subject for another day).

On a somewhat related note: what is with all the hating on Grapes? Because is biased towards Canadians? So what? In case you all forgot, HE IS CANADIAN, so it's natural he'll be biased towards the people from his home country. And as far as the whole European hating thing, he's one of these old time guys that grew up during a time period when Europeans, more specifically the Russians, were enemies of the US and, to a certain extent, Canada. You can't expect that he's going to be singing praises for Europeans.

Grapes is getting more and more ridiculous as the years pass, but I'm always willing to let him slide, because he's still entertaining to listen to. Much more so than the other media blowhards, in my opinion.

Edited by Kp-Wings