• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 4, Stars 1

Rate this topic

The Stars are going to spend so much time in this series running all over the ice trying to hit people and by the time they figure out that they can't hit what they can't catch and that the puck moves a s*** load of a lot faster than a human it will all be over.

Game 1: Wing's 3-1 I say we outshoot them 40-17

Welcome back aflac!

This series will be the Wings' sternest test so far. I fully expect Turco to get over his past problems at the Joe, and when you add in the Stars' formidable top three lines this will be a tough series. The Wings key to the series:

1. The Wings' biggest advantage is their defence. They must exploit it.

2. Secondary scoring. Not only Franzen, but Flip, Sammy, Dano, and Huddles must come up big.

3. Keep the puck away from Turco. He's much too good with the puck.

4. Stay patient. The Stars will play solid defence and might play the trap. The Wings need to be ready.

Welcome back aflac!

3. Keep the puck away from Turco. He's much too good with the puck.

I agree with you other 3 points but I don't think keeping the puck away from Turco will come into play all that much against us because we don't dump the puck in that much and when we do they seem to be soft chip ins along the boards. Time will tell I guess.

I agree with you other 3 points but I don't think keeping the puck away from Turco will come into play all that much against us because we don't dump the puck in that much and when we do they seem to be soft chip ins along the boards. Time will tell I guess.

That depends. If Dallas does trap, and does it well, they may well force the Wings to dump the puck in, even though that isn't usually their style. That being the case, the Wings need to either chip it in soft as you say or fire it in so that Turco doesn't have a chance to fire it immediately out of the zone. And, to be effective, the Wings then need to have a tenacious forecheck to win the puck back.

If the wings continue to play like they have in the last 6 games, they aren't going to lose too much.

If the wings look as well as they have in the last 6 games, my prediction is Wings 4-1 tonight.

If they come out sluggish and struggle to get it going, I think this game goes to OT tonight.

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Wow, Its finally game day at last it seemed like forever.....Well like it has been mentioned about what happened in the season doesnt mean anything i hate to think what this game must mean to Turco then .....0 and forever at the Joe Louis arena ...No pressure Marty none what so ever ... <_< <_<

Anyways, I know with our puck possession and passing game i believe someone already mentioned that they will be so busy trying to hit the wings our passing and puck possession game will be dallas short fall ...

I believe that Dats and Zetters will be a proven comodity to us like always and lets not forget that The mule cant Go hungry he also be on the score sheet ..... :siren:

That being said with the experience and the team we have i say Wings In 5 and for tonights game Wings 4 - 1 (Dats, Zetters, Franzenstein,lidstrom)

Lets GO Ozzie And Wings .... Make Hockeytown proud .... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Like every game 1 this playoffs, I'll be avoiding knowing anything about the game and watch the DVR'd version of it after work at my aunts place. Good luck us. Hopefully it's a good game.

I thought I was the only fan having to do this. Sadly, I'll have to do this for Game 1, 2, and 4. I've put my stars fan friend on notice, there will be no texting of scores or any news about the game until I contact him after I watch it. It's funny, my wife and I get home from work, I go watch the game on the DVR, she looks it up on the net since she can't stand not knowing. Fortunately, we'll get to see game 3 live and in person.

Come on Wings, 60 minutes of hockey tonight. Light em up.

Go Wings!

Edited by captainsteviey

it seems like forever since the wings last played - the long time between games has made me even more nervous.

tonight is a huge game - if the wings win it then i think it could be a pretty straightforward series. if the stars win then it will be a real battle.

so with that in mind:

wings 4 (zetterberg 2, cleary, rafaslki)

stars 2 (modano, zubov)

it has been WAY too long, i havnt a week off from red wings hockey since the summer! im so ready to get this ogin and I know the wings will jump out to a huge start just itching to play. wings score twice in the first 10 minutes and win 5-2

GO WINGS!!!

I'm sure it is going to be asked for later anyway, but here is the Vs. direct stream for tonight:

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:54953