• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 4, Stars 1

Rate this topic

Finnish them. Flip with a hattie. :cool:

Excellent pun! You get to trademark that.

A question for those of you watching Versus. How exactly do you sneak in a 35-pound octopus. You can't exactly crotch it. Sounds like an inside job to me.

I just checked out the stars board and they are already blaming the game on the refs!

I saw that too -- and they can play that card if they want -- but it just makes them look like fools. Both teams are getting chances with the extra man but there's one key difference: only one team is scoring on them.

Detroit's getting more opportunities because they're all over the Stars.

Through 40 minutes you can't ask for a better Game 1 to this series. The Wings have attacked, attacked, ATTACKED! -- just like the bracket wallpaper quote ;) -- and have just showed off their speed.

They have won EVERY key faceoff, they're ALWAYS in front of Turco, they're backchecking like hell, Osgood has made some huge saves.... What's not to like?

20 more minutes -- keep it up!

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching."

I just checked out the stars board and they are already blaming the game on the refs!

refs made some terrible decisions here but it's not their fault Wings were able to

score 3 PP goals and Stars (with apparently best postseason PP%) none.

or that Flip puts five hole on Turco. or that Ribeiro is putting no hustle and is

outworked like a kid. or...

honestly. Wings are playing focused and on top of their game. Stars, except for

last 10 minutes were flat. you can't expect to win a game in god damned

Conference Finals if you put so little effort into that

Finish them off, men. :D

I said it earlier today talking with some friends. The team that won the first ten minutes of the first period of Game 1 would win the series. Last I checked, 1-0 Detroit. :D

Versus: "OMG DALLAS LEADING IN HITS!!!!111"

Uh, yeah. By 3. Morons.

Of course, we're leading on the scoreboard...by 3. That counts a bit more, I'd say.

what would you expect? were a team of soft skilled euros.

Versus: "OMG DALLAS LEADING IN HITS!!!!111"

Uh, yeah. By 3. Morons.

Of course, we're leading on the scoreboard...by 3. That counts a bit more, I'd say.

Oooh, you didn't get the memo about the new scoring system, eh?

Good 1st 40 mins by our boys...lets keep the foot on the gas pedal like we did against Colorado and not let these Stars back in it or give them any momentum heading into next game or even to make this game close.....Lastly 1 Question...Is it me or does Glen Healy hate Detroit?! All he does is take Detroit down and make complaints and makin excuses that clearly Dallas is still tired from the OT game last time...but im sorry was that not 4 days ago...moron...I cant take much more of listening 2 this guys idiotic comments

I agree 110%, if it was a back to back or even a one or two days off thing then yes the Stars would have an excuse, but if Glen Healy says it's the "no gas left in the tank" thing one more time I'm going to go outside and listen to the game in my truck on XM Radio. If they are still "tired" from Sunday's game then they should just pack it in now and start waving the white flag. The Wings are simply outplaying them and have more offensive players than Dallas. We beat to them to the puck on nearly every play down low in the first 40 minutes.

A drunk Edi is miles better than a sober Engblom. No question :P

I thank you for your vote of confidence! :lol:

Now let's see if we can break Dallas' streak of winning their road games to start a series.