• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Can someone do me a favour tonight?

Rate this topic

My girlfriend and I are taking a bus trip up to Quebec to watch her favourite band play (Nightwish). We planned this trip more than 4 months ago- so I was none too pleased when the first game of the WCF was scheduled inside the 8 hour period I was on the bus! <_< The problem is that I don't have an XM radio and the buses don't have internet connections.

I'm kinda freaking out because I've got OCD and have have a very specific ritual for my playoff Wings games :P This will be only the second game I've missed this year (including the preseason) and the other missed game was a regular season one. Regardless... you can imagine how stressful it'd be to be completely out of the loop about the game!

So I need someone to text me updates- how people are playing, goals, injuries, etc... If you're concerned about the costs of texting me I can send you a paypal payment to cover it. Just make sure your phone company has reasonable texting rates :D My texts only cost 10 cents so I'm not so worried about sending them :)

Please send me a message on here and I'll give you my phone number.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it.

Marcus

It would for me if i was able to text to Canada but Its turned off on my phone..... I can send an owl everytime something happens..... :hehe:

I don't think I'll be around a computer during the game tonight, but if I am this is what I'll do and I suggest everyone do..

Just input Drake's number into you AIM. This way you can send text messages without taking the time to punch it out on your phone.

Drake - I've got you covered. I pm'ed you.

Send me your number,

I will unfortunately be home at 5:30 California time but I will text you the scores/etc as the game happens (we will probably catch up live by intermission so you won't have to worry about being TOO far behind.

Thanks everybody- I've recieved some PM's and it looks like I'm covered.

Whatever happens- please boys, please win tonight! I'd feel too guilty for not doing my regular routine I do for a win! :P

GO WINGS!

Even easier, goto

http://proxy.espn.go.com/mobile/alerts/signup

Look under NHL, then Red Wings. You can sign up for free and gwet text messages after every goal. Its great. I have it on all the time and its great when i am on the road.

Ooo, I just checked that out and you can set it to "each goal, each period and final". Good deal, that pretty much covers it.

OK so this sucks

It's 25 cents PER text for me to text you...Canada isn't included on my Unlimited texting plan.....

anyone in canada - can you help out Drake? Please?!

I sent Drake a test text already but I haven't heard anything back. I don't want him to miss the texts and now I'm worried mine didn't even go through....

Anyone? Bueller Bueller!

Hey guys and gals- if there's another Canadian around I could use their help in this just incase my current source has the same problem Vlady had.

Thanks everyone!

If you don't hear back from me via PM I'm already on the road... so just ask Vlady- I gave her my phone number. :P I'd post it in this thread but I don't want text spam (some of my friends are getting random text spams now so I assume bots fish on the net for numbers as well as emails).