• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorLidstrom5

Proposition to NHL broadcasters

Rate this topic

First of all I just want to give some kudos to the Wings tonight. They played brilliantly!!

I have a proposition for what would be a new stat displayed on broadcasted NHL games.

As currently done by the NFL, could the time of possession be displayed on the screen when a team has the puck in the offensive zone? It could be just overall time of possession with the puck as well. I realize it may be more difficult with the abrupt, unpredictable, and countless changes of possession between the 2 teams so I would propose that the time of possession be displayed only when the team with the puck has it more than 1 minute on each possession or on a PP.

Is this something the NHL could plan and implement to next season?

I have a proposition for broadcaster. Get your dang facts straight. I can't believe the VS announcer actually said the Wings were looking to remain unbeaten in the playoffs. I had to rewind my friends TIVO to make sure he didn't say at home.

I have a proposition for broadcaster. Get your dang facts straight. I can't believe the VS announcer actually said the Wings were looking to remain unbeaten in the playoffs. I had to rewind my friends TIVO to make sure he didn't say at home.

I thought I heard that guy say that during the intermission. I second guessed myself and thought maybe they were talking about Ozzie. Versus is such a sad network.

Edited by aflac9262

I'm pretty sure I've seen that stat before, although I've never seen it on a Versus broadcast.

They really are poor. Eddie Olczyk is just painful as a color man. Slow, stuttering, rarely finishes a thought confidently, and rarely says anything illuminating. I thought the color guy during Games 3 & 4 of the Avs series was much better. But then, the better announcers are almost never part of the #1 pairing.

Hell, they used to have that stat on NHL 94-99 for SNES, Sega, etc... I'm pretty sure its out there..

Are you looking for the entire time of having the puck? or having the puck in the attacking zone?

I think another great stat would be how long in minutes the announcers actually stay on topic and talk about the game we're watching (or even hockey sometimes for that matter). Maybe even talk about what's happening on the ice. That would be a cool stat.

As currently done by the NFL, could the time of possession be displayed on the screen when a team has the puck in the offensive zone? It could be just overall time of possession with the puck as well. I realize it may be more difficult with the abrupt, unpredictable, and countless changes of possession between the 2 teams so I would propose that the time of possession be displayed only when the team with the puck has it more than 1 minute on each possession or on a PP.

This would be a rockin' stat. I would love to see this.

Edited by Lidsyukerberg

Don't they already keep an attack time stat?

I know it doesn't include time with the puck on your half of the ice, but similar to what you are talking about.

I do believe that stat would tell the story of the last 5 games though!

Don't they already keep an attack time stat?

I know it doesn't include time with the puck on your half of the ice, but similar to what you are talking about.

I do believe that stat would tell the story of the last 5 games though!

They might keep track of time of possession during intermission but not during the game like after a good 5 minute attack for example.