• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SweWings

Detroit has signed goalie-prospect Daniel Larsson

Rate this topic

I had a talk with Stefan Liv 2 hours ago. He confirmed, that Red Wings have signed Larsson today:

Q:Will you stay in Detroit system for next year?

A:no im free to go anywhere now. btw, they signed a swedish goalie todaay

Q:Larsson?

A:daniel larson from djurgården

good to hear that he has plans on staying in the US even if he doesnt make hte big club

You know, that's probably what made me the happiest out of this entire thing...

fun facts.

Honken Trophy winner (SEL)

2002-03 Lundqvist, Henrik Lundqvist Västra Frölunda HC (now NYR)

2003-04 Lundqvist, Henrik Lundqvist Västra Frölunda HC (now NYR)

2004-05 Lundqvist, Henrik Lundqvist Frölunda HC (now NYR)

2005-06 Holmqvist, Johan Holmqvist Brynäs IF (now dallas)

2006-07 Ersberg, Erik Ersberg HV71 (now LA)

2007-08 Larsson, Daniel Larsson Djurgårdens IF (Detroit??)

This looks promising hehe. :rolleyes:

Edited by veeb

fun facts.

Honken Trophy winner (SEL)

2002-03 Lundqvist, Henrik Lundqvist Västra Frölunda HC (now NYR)

2003-04 Lundqvist, Henrik Lundqvist Västra Frölunda HC (now NYR)

2004-05 Lundqvist, Henrik Lundqvist Frölunda HC (now NYR)

2005-06 Holmqvist, Johan Holmqvist Brynäs IF (now dallas)

2006-07 Ersberg, Erik Ersberg HV71 (now LA)

2007-08 Larsson, Daniel Larsson Djurgårdens IF (Detroit??)

This looks promising hehe. :rolleyes:

Yeah. But like Daniel Larsson himself said I think it's better to expect him to play like Ersberg rather than Lundqvist. If Larsson manages to do that I'd be very very happy. Consider that Ersberg finished out the season on an awful Kings' team and he only lost 5 of the games in regular time and managed a GAA of 2.48 and SV% of .927 in 14 games. I think that's pretty goddamn impressive. But it remains to be seen if Larsson can do that.

EDIT: And about the vet-goalie thing. Guess who becomes UFA this summer. Olaf Kolziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig!!!

Edited by SweWings

Yeah. But like Daniel Larsson himself said I think it's better to expect him to play like Ersberg rather than Lundqvist. If Larsson manages to do that I'd be very very happy. Consider that Ersberg finished out the season on an awful Kings' team and he only lost 5 of the games in regular time and managed a GAA of 2.48 and SV% of .927 in 14 games. I think that's pretty goddamn impressive. But it remains to be seen if Larsson can do that.

EDIT: And about the vet-goalie thing. Guess who becomes UFA this summer. Olaf Kolziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig!!!

Don't forget Cristobal HUET!!!! I'd s*** my pants if we got him!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it won't happen, but a man can dream!!!!!!

If any of the young Wings goalies of the last decade had diplayed any kind of consistency, they would have had a shot. Neither Liv nor Howard have ever shown they can be consistent at the levels they have played, let alone in the best hockey league in the world. The Wings "goalie carosel" as you put it Osgod, has been one of necessity, not of a bias against young goaltenders. In fact, I think the Wings have done a pretty good job at a reasonable price, cobbling together as good a situation in net as they can with the lack of a true top young goalie prospect in the system.

It will be good for Howard to be pushed by Larsson. And it will be good for Larssen to spend a full season playing North American hockey on a small rink. May the best man win. I fully expect one to backup Ozzie next season and maybe the season after and relegating Ozzie as back up in the last year of his contract.