• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

Great Frozen Moment Pic

Rate this topic

Great picture but the empty seats kind of kill it.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. That being said, if I'm reading the scoreboard correctly, this picture was taken no earlier than with 1:07 remaining in the second period given that Dallas has a goal listed under their name. This could very well be toward the very end of the third when people were filing out.....not that that's any excuse. ;)

Actually, the more I look at it, I would be willing to bet this pic was taken with less than 2 minutes in the game. The scoreboard shows a 1:** left on the clock, and I'm just assuming that was the third period.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

A very nice pic!

Up 4-1 with under 5mins left in the game... have any of you been to a hockey game in Detroit or a game for taht matter??? Makes me wonder why you waste your breath complaining about the lack of seats

Funny how I can't find any $75 tickets to tomorrows game... only ones available are in the mid to upper $200's go figure why people aren't buying them!

BTW, nice pic this was!

Edited by OsGOD

Empty seats.......

THE PLACE WAS PACKED LAST NIGHT!!!

I was there, as mentioned before, there is less than 2 minutes left in the game and we had a 3 goal lead.

Don't worry its a total HAD TO BE THERE thing... everyone bitching was parked in front of the TV or plugged into cyberspace via the adapter in the wall... those there aren't the one bitching!

I often take pictures of my works parking lot at 10pm at night and say WTF is no body working... damn slackers!

Edited by OsGOD

Don't worry its a total HAD TO BE THERE thing... everyone bitching was parked in front of the TV or plugged into cyberspace via the adapter in the wall... those there aren't the one bitching!

I often take pictures of my works parking lot at 10pm at night and say WTF is no body working... damn slackers!

I know, it just pisses me off. <_<

Hahahahhahaahahah Great analogy!!!!!!

Empty seats.......

THE PLACE WAS PACKED LAST NIGHT!!!

I was there, as mentioned before, there is less than 2 minutes left in the game and we had a 3 goal lead.

I wasn't at the game, but I know people who were and they also said the Joe was electric last night, and that there were a ton of people. I'm sure, as you said, the timing of that pic had more to do with the empty seats than anything else.

anyone know the reason/story behind going with the inflatable AL in the rafters and putting the heavy guy outside?

i mean, i reckon i can draw the conclusion myself, i'm just curious if anything official was ever announced.

anyone know the reason/story behind going with the inflatable AL in the rafters and putting the heavy guy outside?

i mean, i reckon i can draw the conclusion myself, i'm just curious if anything official was ever announced.

I am guessing so they can do this in the pre game

th_Octoavatar.jpg

Well if they did it the opposite way, the inflatable one would be some where near Moscow by now, and the heavy one probably would be under the hole in the ice it created when they tried to lower for pre-game.

But that is just a guess.

Edited by Opie

well, since they don't show pre-game antics on the television (VERSUS!!!) and i haven't been to a playoff game yet, i didn't know there was a new presentation of the octopus. thought they still simply lowered it like before, and the weight became a risk or something. that being said, i like it.

thanks for the mostly non-sarcastic replies :)

e: grammar, speeeling

Edited by zettermaberg

well, since they don't show pre-game antics on the television (VERSUS!!!) and i haven't been to a playoff game yet, i didn't know there was a new presentation of the octopus. thought they still simply lowered it like before, and the weight became a risk or something. that being said, i like it.

thanks for the mostly non-sarcastic replies :)

e: grammar, speeeling

Here is a videos i took... first one shows the entire pregame (you don't see on versus)

and the second one show the Video they play on the scoreboard (with Just One by Hoobastank on in the background)

In the years past Big Al (outside one) was used for the on ice pregame show... personaly though i think this explosion from the scoreboard is so much better (when it works... game 2 vs Avs it didn't inflate lol)

Edited by OsGOD

A very nice pic!

Up 4-1 with under 5mins left in the game... have any of you been to a hockey game in Detroit or a game for taht matter??? Makes me wonder why you waste your breath complaining about the lack of seats

Funny how I can't find any $75 tickets to tomorrows game... only ones available are in the mid to upper $200's go figure why people aren't buying them!

BTW, nice pic this was!

$200 a seat?! thats killer yo... :blink: thats like the super vip seats... right?

Edited by Duck Guy

$200 a seat?! thats killer yo... :blink: thats like the super vip seats... right?

Crazy right, I paid 100 (including Ticket bastard charges) for a ticket 4 rows off the ice in Boston!

What in the hell does a 75$ seat get you at the Joe?

Crazy right, I paid 100 (including Ticket bastard charges) for a ticket 4 rows off the ice in Boston!

What in the hell does a 75$ seat get you at the Joe?

$200 gets you Mid to Upper LOWER BOWL..

$75 gets you the same seats you were paying $9 and $22 for in the regular season